You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Cold Fusion (GillB v Unicorn)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-02-03 11:16 AM EDT (US)   
Highmen - GillB

Undead - Unicorn

Replies:
posted 02-02-03 11:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 35  
Highmen
GillB the Pessimist ... LOL.

Isabelle was kind enough to join us for a great deal of gold. Wonder how long it'll be before I manage to lose her.

Turn sent

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 02-02-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 35  
Unicorn the Defeated reports on day 1.

Ran about. Did stuff. Got Alexandra.

posted 02-02-03 01:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 35  
Highmen Day 2

We took a small town without losing anybody which must be a first

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 02-02-03 02:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 35  
Day 2 similar.
posted 02-02-03 05:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 35  
Highmen
We've found icy lands ... and unfriendly natives. We're eying up some ruins, but ruins have proved to be our downfall in previous lives so may or may not venture within tomorrow.

posted 02-02-03 05:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 35  
Well, our man went into his ruins and got out by the skin of his teeth after failing to hit a human musketeer, who didn't similarly fail. He pinched one of the items, but can't do much now until he heals.
posted 02-02-03 05:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 35  
Highmen
*Sigh* I knew the ruins were a bad idea. The undead found a musketeer ... we found a gold dragon and our heroine Gill is no more. We didn't get the treasure either

posted 02-03-03 02:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 35  
Yes, ruins can ruin you, as indeed I nearly did again with my other hero this time! I'll get that other item if it kills me (or more likely, my heros!)

Actually, I don't normally do so badly, and I might be able to give you a few tips, particularly where dragons are concerned - I'd be interested to know whether your hero died as a result of a breath attack or a melee.

It's going to be difficult for the Highmen without a big hero, but mine are too wounded to do much at the moment.

Oh, and a BIG warning - the centre is full of nasty frostlings, including nordic glows and yetis. I even lost my valuable horseman right on the edge trying to get down my cave entrance.

posted 02-03-03 04:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 35  
Thanks ... I've had a lot of very unfortunate experiences with ruins, crypts, dungeons etc ... and still I try

I think I'm going to cry ... you needn't worry about defeating me ... I'm doing it to myself (or rather the AI is). A NL came from nowhere and attacked my other hero overnight and now she is no more. *Sigh* Just as well I was resigned to defeat from the start

Add to that that the overwhelming force I sent to take back a rebelling 1H was massacred, I think the Highmen could have a problem (or 2 or 3)

Sending ... hope I have at least one unit left in the morning

posted 02-03-03 04:58 PM EDT (US)     10 / 35  
Well, I guess I will just sit around waiting for the Highmen to die

(Nothing to do with the fact that my heros are too scared to venture out and are employed with my other units migrating a 3 hex!)

posted 02-03-03 05:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 35  
I don't blame 'em. Mine ventured out & look what happened to them

Well, everyone's still alive this morning. (I say everyone with a sad laugh inside ...) Wish I knew where that NL has gone. Or maybe a new hero would like to pop out and join us. Don't think we can afford one though

posted 02-03-03 05:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 35  
By NL do you mean Nordic Light? I know them as nordic glows. I can tell you there are 2 or 3 of them in the centre. I don't think they come out much, but if you venture anywhere in the centre circle bordered by the caves and gaps and such - they strike! If you're lucky, 4 archers may take one out.

I'm still at home.

posted 02-03-03 05:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 35  
Sorry, yep, I meant Nordic Glow ... it's been a long day. And one went well outside the centre to kill my heroine.

Anyway ... as for today, we didn't really do anything or go anywhere. But we're all still alive.

posted 02-03-03 06:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 35  
Oh. That's bad news. My heros and a small party just took a i hex near the gap to the centre. I can't see any glows, but...... So I grouped together but that had to be outside the city, so I guess it will just rebel overnight. Never mind - more xp!

Nice turn rate, btw. But I may have to go to bed now.

posted 02-03-03 06:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 35  
Don't worry ... sleep well & don't dream of frostlings

Darn it ... found that Nordic Glow, or rather it found my little archer who was on a small scouting mission. No doubt it's after my just migrated almost undefended 3H.

posted 02-04-03 02:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 35  
Off we go again!
posted 02-04-03 05:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 35  
The good news is that it didn't take my town. The bad news is that I've lost it which means it'll turn up where I least want it.

posted 02-04-03 05:27 PM EDT (US)     18 / 35  
I would have been VERY surprised if it had taken your town - I've never seen them do that. They just seem to boing around in the centre.

In other news, we buy a 3 hex and send the newly acquired troops to battle it's neighbour, so confident in the result we are thinking about the garrison stage and use fast combat. But... errr... we lost!

But our heros are pretty much recovered and go on the track of juicy items.

posted 02-04-03 05:40 PM EDT (US)     19 / 35  
Not a lot we can do at the moment except sit tight & cross our fingers for a L20 hero to emerge who's dying to join us for love and not gold. Hey, a girl can dream

posted 02-04-03 06:10 PM EDT (US)     20 / 35  
Talking of dreams, that's what I'm off to do now. Might have got some more turns in if outlook express hadn't decided it needed to compact itself! At least, that's what I think it was doing for 40 minutes, whirring away and not generating a display.
posted 02-04-03 06:23 PM EDT (US)     21 / 35  
Hooray ... that darn Glow came back overnight but it's now no more. Unfortunately so are most of my archers.

posted 02-05-03 02:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 35  
Starting to investigate down below.
posted 02-05-03 05:54 PM EDT (US)     23 / 35  
Still no hero ...

posted 02-05-03 06:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 35  
Spotted a palladin all on his own....

Intelligence reveals the presence of 2 doom bats in a monster lair, so seven archers deal with them and the heros turn up late to collect the goods.

posted 02-05-03 06:44 PM EDT (US)     25 / 35  
The poor paladin got lost. I blame snow-blindness

[This message has been edited by GillB (edited 02-05-2003 @ 06:45 PM).]

posted 02-06-03 04:39 PM EDT (US)     26 / 35  
Played and sent

posted 02-06-03 05:18 PM EDT (US)     27 / 35  
The 4 hex in the caverns rebelled. Can't waste time migrating it. Pleanty to do elsewhwere! Had an average battle in a monster lair. Items weren't much cop and we lost a few archers, but got some more hero xp.
posted 02-06-03 05:18 PM EDT (US)     28 / 35  
Doing a lot of waiting ... played & sent

posted 02-06-03 05:35 PM EDT (US)     29 / 35  
Thumb-twiddling ... there is method in my madness ... I think

Played & sent

posted 02-06-03 05:51 PM EDT (US)     30 / 35  
Moving very close to Highmen heartlands now!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Cold Fusion (GillB v Unicorn)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames