You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Blood Isles WL (Sprout vs Species)
posted 02-02-03 08:25 PM EDT (US)   
Wizard's Ladder game - turn logs.

House Rules: ON
Leaders: OFF
Customization: OFF
Exploration: OFF
Allied Victory: ON
FMDS: OFF
WWDS: ON

Halflings - Species8471(at)fastmail.fm

Goblins - speicher(at)wueconc.wustl.edu

Replies:
posted 02-03-03 01:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
A very sad start. Hopefully things will look better tomorrow.

Turn sent.
Sprout

posted 02-03-03 08:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
turn sent
posted 02-03-03 09:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Not much better today.

Turn sent.

P.S. Why the restart?

posted 02-04-03 07:04 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
turn sent a few hours ago...

I wish I could answer you question. I thought I fixed this a while ago, but I got another rash of restarts that started a couple of weeks ago and lasted for multiple turns in every game. However, most of the games I started recently have not had problems.

posted 02-04-03 09:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
i would offer to help, but i know nothing of computers!

turn sent

posted 02-06-03 04:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
Lots of hopping off and on ships (and then off and on again) to raze stuff. Not a Goblin in sight...

turn sent

posted 02-07-03 00:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
A very wicked turn...lost some of my best units - will not be able to put up much of a fight unless the Halflings are careless!

Turn sent.

posted 02-08-03 02:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Gathering together for the coming storm.
Turn sent.
posted 02-09-03 01:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Well - during the night the halflings landed and killed our heroes and almost all our units for very little loss of their own. They even razed our capital! Do we dispair? Of course not - our leader knowing the aggression nature of the halflings leader, Species, arranged all this to trap him The cost of baiting our trap was high - and the chance that it will work is not complete...but we spring the trap none-the-less.

The first move works, our Galleon along with Djinns and Beholder defeat 2 halfling ships, eagle and avenger. Now the halflings main force is trapped on a small island with only a power node. They do have an avenger left still and another dragon ship. In addition, they still have other shipyards and several cities...but our fearless leader before baiting the trap with his life, assured us that this would work. So we move forward attempting to complete the noose around the neck of the halflings.

Turn sent,
Sprout

posted 02-11-03 08:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
Things continue much as they have in this past age

Still attempting to keep the halflings trapped with only 4 units!

posted 02-12-03 01:44 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
another two days of turns sent...not exactly going to reveal much since Species does not reveal anything
posted 02-12-03 03:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
Oh, we've been much to busy to report. You know, running laps around the power node, staying in shape.
posted 02-12-03 08:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
turn sent back to species....not much happening here...we notice that the halflings home island is a bit busy with lots of azarcs and humans around!
posted 02-13-03 04:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
Nothing happenning here either! Keep your eye on the indies turn sent
posted 02-13-03 09:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
We continue to sink some boats...stranding both Syrons on the halfling's main island seems like a good idea to us

Turn sent.

posted 02-14-03 03:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Halflings can sink ships too (for all the good that does us...)
posted 02-15-03 01:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
The Goblins lose their hero, Djinn and Assassin, and we unfortunately lose a centaur. I don't know why they ever got off their boat. turn sent
posted 02-15-03 02:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
it was bad luck..thought we could raze shipyard and jump back on ship...could not raze shipyard!! and boat was out of movement...oh well...now razed shipyard.

turn sent.

posted 02-22-03 07:12 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
Goblins still control the water, but we control the means of production, so we can wait them out. turn sent

Restart from AoW crashing. Yes, this is an increasingly common occurrence, happened twice today in fact

posted 02-22-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Good game - want a rematch?

Still curious what could be important enough to risk your last ground troops. Without opening the turn, I'd guess you were trying to take over a shipyard or a 3-hex (maybe the one on the middle island was producing a catapult?)

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Blood Isles WL (Sprout vs Species)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames