You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Orc Valley (Sprout v Unicorn)
posted 02-17-03 03:57 PM EDT (US)   
Playing on an editted version for leaders off. elves go forth and multiply, keeping a very careful eye out for piggies and assasins, hopefully not assasins riding piggies!
Replies:
posted 02-17-03 04:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21  
Day 2 sees one piggy, now on the spit!
posted 02-18-03 03:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21  
Day 3 sees more roast pork, assinations of assassins and wallbreaking without wallbreakers. Struggling to keep our coffers emptying!
posted 02-19-03 01:32 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21  
Dwarves -

We continue forward...deciding that some of these villages are not fit for dwarves and so they are being burned to the ground

Turn sent.

posted 02-20-03 00:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21  
Dwarves - Day 4 through 11:

We continue to expand, splitting our initial party into smaller groups - it is dangerous and mistakes are very costly, but it allows us to expand quicker and capture more territory. The worst diaster was the loss of 2 out of our 3 attacking units and the retreating mole had 1 life left...that city still remains in the hands of 2 orc archers (with shiny medals thanks to me )

Some of our conquests we have looted, others we are migrating for some of our dwarven brothers...gold is starting to slowly trickle in, although mana is an extreme problem.

Turn(s) sent

posted 02-20-03 03:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 21  
Days 4 to 12(?)

Much the same really, although not splitting up very much. Have ended up looting the 1 hexers, even though the plan was to try and keep them all. Gold is now under control and unit production can start. Mana should also be under control next turn. My accountants should be happy!

Hero has levelled up. No units lost yet. Having lots of healing has helped.

posted 02-21-03 04:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 21  
A couple more turns done - last one is back already from the wee small hours of Missouri!

There are reports of an odd occurrence being corrected between turns. I'm betting this is stack merge error to do with moving on or off a ship. That's pretty worrying if it is, because that indicates good dwarf progress to the waterline.

Finally, a small setback in the loss of a ranger, but I've been lucky so far, so I'm not complaining. And he did enable the conquering of another 2hexer.

posted 02-21-03 11:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 21  
Dwarves -

We continue to scale the mountains and claim more and more towns from the Orcs...fires are seen from all over as these towns are looted to the ground. And nope - has nothing to do with ships

Turn sent.

posted 02-21-03 01:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21  
No more guesses. And no more action. Sitting around waiting for the natives to get friendly.
posted 02-21-03 02:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21  
We manage to finally take a tower fort and it shows us too much...a doombat with 7 helpers are a force too be recknoned with...others cities all under Orc control...things do not look good!

Turn sent.

posted 02-21-03 03:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21  
Dwarves - another couple of turns.

The red plague is hard to deal with, but we resort to the tactics the orcs have often used: BURN IT ALL!!!

We are starting to make progress and overrunning several Orc cities...but is it too slow? Are the Elves already sitting with 10 nature elementals laughing at our feeble attempts??

We press forward regardless, slaying 2 evil heroes in the process.

Turns sent.

posted 02-21-03 04:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21  
Dwarves - more days pass:

We spot a farm with a cute green flag..hmm...well that does not stop us from taking it

Turn sent.

posted 02-21-03 04:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21  
Grrrrhhhh! Where's them 10 Nature Elementals when you really need them?
posted 02-22-03 02:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21  
Dwarves -

After seeing 2 fairies take a tower fort from the Orcs, we beat every bush with our swordsmen until we found both fairies and then called in the archers to dispatch them! No more nasty spies!!

We spot a large group of highly skilled Elven archers at a nearby town...we are unsure how we are suppose to defeat such a powerful force....for now we are content to hold the bridge and send out an occasional scouting force.

Turn sent.

posted 02-22-03 11:58 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21  
Well, the battles begin in earnest! Sent my main force out but misplaced it and subsequently lost it mainly to the dwarf hero. But 7 dwarf units go too, so not a complete disaster.

Meanwhile, my man is elsewhere getting some practice in.

posted 02-22-03 12:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21  
Dwarves - Day 24:

Our transport spots the Elf hero, but he and his pet Nature Elemental are too strong...so we watch only

Turn sent.

posted 02-22-03 01:53 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21  
How do I get your units off a boat?
posted 02-23-03 01:10 AM EDT (US)     17 / 21  
Hmmm..killing all their friends worked well for you. In total, the mighty dwarven army lost over 25 warriers in a span of a day! Not good!

Turn sent.

posted 02-23-03 05:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21  
I'm still not happy with the inroads the dwarves are making - and I'm even unhappier about a mistake I made that could prove a disaster, i.e. my hero may drown. If he does, so will all my hopes.
posted 02-23-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21  
Our recent losses have hurt us badly...as did the display of dwarven archers hitting only 2% of the time against the Nature Elemental!! We are going to need a LOT of archers!!

Turn sent.

posted 02-23-03 04:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21  
Hero clings onto the ice and scuttles off quickly! The game continues!
posted 02-25-03 03:21 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21  
Another day of inroads into my empire.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Orc Valley (Sprout v Unicorn)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames