You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL - Arctic ReClash (Nojd v Unicorn)
posted 03-02-03 05:39 AM EDT (US)   
Arctic Clash, Rematch

Humans - Nojd
Frostlings - Unicorn

Replies:
posted 03-02-03 05:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 29  
Day 1, The Dark Frostlings
It felt like we got good starting conditions, but failed to take advantage of them.

Turn sent to the True Frostlings (Unicorn).

posted 03-02-03 06:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 29  
I'm Ok with the starting positions.

I think 3 archers and a shaman are almost always good enough to defeat 2 eagles, probably with the loss of one archer, maybe two. So I sent such a force off to the node and could not be bothered to play it tc. I lost two archers to the eagles before we even started! Then the eagles failed to hit completely. On the their third go they took out the third archer and I had a wounded shaman. He healed himself and took out both eagles next go! So now I have the node, less troop upkeep and a sliver medal shaman. Not sure whether I was unlucky, stupid, or lucky!

Scattering out everywhere else to do things.

posted 03-02-03 06:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 29  
Day 2, The Dark Frostlings
So much to do! And so much upkeep...

posted 03-02-03 07:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 29  
Decisions, decisions, decisions. All battles go well, but am I doing things quickly enough and in the right direction? I have set myself a plan for the centre and MUST have the discipline to stick to it.
posted 03-02-03 08:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 29  
Day 3, The Dark Frostlings
Nothing spectacular to report today. All is well!

The rush for the center should become interesting soon.

posted 03-02-03 08:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 29  
Spot of really bad news caused by rabid dogs overnight. AND I knew they were coming. Grrrrrh. Everything else going OK though.
posted 03-02-03 09:19 AM EDT (US)     7 / 29  
Day 4, The Dark Frostlings
The sky is glowing far too bright.

posted 03-02-03 03:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 29  
Far TWO bright? Never mind discipline, my strategy for the centre would not work. Back to losing everything that goes in there.

Two doggies killed overnight. Several more succesful battles in the day. Well, no units lost and various items gained. But is progress too slow....?

posted 03-02-03 06:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 29  
LOL, yes, two bright!

Day 5, The Dark Frostlings
We're spreading our dark light in the north east, and snatched a tower right in front of the nose of a huge horse.

In the west, we dared charging forward, and managed to kill two wolf riders. What might be coming behind in their tracks?

In the center, our quick frog rider made a gamble and attacked his lighter look-alike. Lady luck was on the dark side, and he won the fight without even getting scratched.

posted 03-02-03 06:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 29  
Frog gone here, dogs gone there, not a good day for the creatures. Pity the glowing thing didn't try it's luck on the huge horse. Not much else done today.
posted 03-02-03 07:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 29  
Day 6, The Dark Frostlings
A very good day, with lots of progress everywhere! We stayed away from everything light blue, though.

posted 03-03-03 01:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 29  
One significant battle, and a certain amount of "shall we go here, shall we go there" dithering around. Mixed in with "shall we buy this, or shall we buy that, or shall we save our pennies?". And of course the old chestnut "shall we make this, or shall we make that, or shall we save our pennies again?". Dont ya just lurve this game?
posted 03-03-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 29  
Day 7, The Dark Frostlings
The two glows have stopped glowing, but they almost turned off the lights for Jomund. He was sure it would be an easy win, but pehaps he learnt that he's a mere mortal.

In the north east, we watch the light blue numbers grow in an exploding way. We stay away, but at least our glow managed to take out one swordsman.

posted 03-03-03 03:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 29  
Day 7 sees a turning point in my luck - it got worse

Well, actually it didn't. But I thought I would have a chance with a floating reasonable hero and two penguins v a frog rider and a glow (even though it was medalled). So I risked a lot, and failed. Subsequently thought the wyvern might have a chance too, as the glow was badly injured, but it did nothing too. So that's probably lost it. But on we go.

posted 03-03-03 04:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 29  
Day 8, The Dark Frostlings
After yesterday and tonight, our future looks great! We're charging towards the light ones' homes with what we're assuming is a powerful enough army, and in the east we've done a good job blocking the way for the still huge light army. But they may still have a couple of tricks to surprice us with?

posted 03-03-03 05:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 29  
Tricks? You will observe my hand never left my wrist! A nice trick would be to have two towngates cast and ready. Looks like forces in the east are reasonably balanced - might have had a stab if I could have brought everything to bear. So I've dangled them temptingly....

In the west, things look bleaker, but we might get a tidy force together before the storm clouds break.

I'm not hopeful, but there's always a chance.

posted 03-03-03 06:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 29  
Day 9, The Dark Frostlings
Nothing worthy a report today.

posted 03-04-03 04:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 29  
Hanging around, waiting for some action.
posted 03-04-03 05:12 PM EDT (US)     19 / 29  
Day 10, The Dark Frostlings
I see a whole lot of archers, and I think someone is building a boat.
No action today.

posted 03-04-03 05:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 29  
I hear there's a flood coming, so a boat may come in handy.

I seem destined to play this map for ever being one turn away from producing a nordic glow. Every time I get there, some other flying unit turns up to spoil things. Grrrrrh!

posted 03-04-03 06:02 PM EDT (US)     21 / 29  
Day 11, The Dark Frostlings
Killed a big bug.

posted 03-05-03 02:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 29  
My beatle has gone to meet John Lennon and George Harrison. Wasted it really, now I'm running from the city it took. Just another one of my bad decisions. Did manage to retrieve my floating goods, though.
posted 03-05-03 02:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 29  
Day 12, The Dark Frostlings
Jomund found a monster lair to explore in the enemy backyard. Those Trolls hit hard when they hit...
Nothing very useful was retrieved, except some fighting experience.

Our eastern party is feasting on grilled eagle tonight.

posted 03-05-03 04:29 PM EDT (US)     24 / 29  
Thought I would be able to engage a nordic glow, but somehow it didn't fight. Got my 4 hex back. Now I shall produce ice drakes!
posted 03-05-03 05:14 PM EDT (US)     25 / 29  
The glow spent the night in the mountains next to a gold mine. But since the mine was already light blue, the glow didn't feel any need to rush down to defend it against the unwelcome visitors.

Day 13, The Dark Frostlings
No fighting today.

posted 03-05-03 05:45 PM EDT (US)     26 / 29  
Snowblindness? Ah, the nature of blue. When is blue not blue? Or some other half-hearted excuse.

Next turn will probably see a climax. Or more accurately, an anticlimax.

posted 03-05-03 06:20 PM EDT (US)     27 / 29  
Day 14, The Dark Frostlings
Darkblueness is spreading according to the plans. I predict the days of lighblueness will end in two days!

posted 03-06-03 12:46 PM EDT (US)     28 / 29  
Having been outplayed again, and managing to survice negative 61 gold this turn, I feel it is pointless prolonging the agony (if it cvan be prolonged!) and have done the decent thing.

I had freeze water ready to attack the heros on the water, but now they aren't there!

Well done Nojd!

posted 03-06-03 06:38 PM EDT (US)     29 / 29  
Thanks Unicorn! Good games, and good map! Remind me to post a positive review, in case I forget to do so this weekend!

I must confess that the first one was won by pure luck only. But I'm proud to have luck on my side sometimes...

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 03-06-2003 @ 06:40 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL - Arctic ReClash (Nojd v Unicorn)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames