AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Thinreed Lake - Nojd v Unicorn77
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-07-03 01:24 PM EDT (US)   
Nojd accepts the Dark Elf position (he must know something).

Unicorn starts off as elves in the customary way.

Replies:
posted 03-07-03 01:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 46  

Quote:

(he must know something)

Either that, or:

Quoted from Manuel of Fawlty Towers:

I know nooooooothing

You usually autosend your turns, but this one hasn't arrived yet (assuming you've played it already).

posted 03-07-03 03:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
Que?

There was a "slight" delay in posting and actually sending the turn, so I'm sure it's with you now. If not, post again and I'll resend.

posted 03-07-03 05:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
Day 1, The Dark Elves
The dark ones have a general with a very small brain, and his soldiers aren't too skilled at fighting.

Turn sent to the Elves (Unicorn).

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 03-07-2003 @ 05:34 PM).]

posted 03-07-03 06:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
The Dark Ones sound like fine people to me!

Day 2 of the elves goes quite well in terms of battles, experience, items and cities. On the down side, almost every random city is evil, so we either slow down and migrate, or destroy and forgo the resources. More decisions, decisions!

posted 03-08-03 11:03 AM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
Day 2, The Dark Elves
We're hunting boars for our big party tonight. One more of these pigs would be good.

posted 03-08-03 05:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
First biggish battle comes with an attack from the dwarven branch of the family. It was obviously going to be a victory but the price was far too high! Ah well, that's catapaults for you, when they hit, they sure hit! And ballistas too.
posted 03-09-03 10:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
Day 3, The Dark Elves
We learnt a very, very useful spell today! The green ones will find out about our progress - soon!

The last of the dwarven pigs has been turned into barbecue.

posted 03-09-03 03:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
Day 4 nearly sees the loss of another important unit. It got seduced then turned on my hero immediately after! It was already damaged and went down to 2 hp after turning on his boss, who then had the graciousness to relieve the seduction. But it did not return to our control until the next turn. Puzzling.

In better news, we find the flyer, and also research a favourite spell.

posted 03-09-03 06:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
Day 4, The Dark Elves
Hmm, there are a few problems that needs to be solved. And we're working on it!

posted 03-10-03 02:13 AM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
Trying to cause a few more problems, but I have put my special forces in full view. I'm hoping there's nothing around to disturb them in their tower.
posted 03-10-03 05:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
Day 5, The Dark Elves
No surprices tonight or today, which is a bit worrying since surprices is what I expect...

posted 03-10-03 05:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
Always expect the unexpected.... or the Spanish Inquisition... or, as in the case of this day.... not a lot.

A hasted Karagh! Isn't 40 mp enough for you? And a hasted water walking hero will be difficult to cope with.

Hey! It's you whose supposed to be on the backfoot!

posted 03-10-03 06:34 PM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
I didn't expect to find Water Walking in one of my wizard towers!

Day 6, The Dark Elves
Today offered a couple of surprices, both for dark and green elves. I hope...

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 03-10-2003 @ 06:35 PM).]

posted 03-11-03 05:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
Well, this certainly proves how different maps can play - I've never found anything as useful as water walking in the towers, such that I haven't even bothered to check mine. Perhaps I had better!

A little dance occurs in the west. Dark elves come forward to take out my retreating stack, so......

Had a pop with my special forces, which may prove worthwhile in the long run, but could have been better with a lot of luck.

Trying to be annoying with pigs in space... I mean mountains.

posted 03-11-03 02:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
Day 7, The Dark Elves
A day of mischief rather than battle. We sent an eagle to destroy that very bothering balloon, and sent two strong swimmers to cancel some nasty plans on creating dragon ships - that shipyard is just a pile of wood now.

Our advanced force in the Elven home has split up, and is somewhat voulnerable. Maybe... But very hard to defend against on all fronts!

In short, a very successful day in limiting the mobility of the elves, but we're a bit worried about the coming night.

posted 03-11-03 03:37 PM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
I think I need to keep taking a toll on the enemy, even if it means heading further away from my homeland. The karagh can cause some trouble, but can't swim AND climb walls! (I hope).

Pity the eagle got summoned just before I got my balloon home. That has spoiled one plan, now I have to wait a bit for another.

posted 03-11-03 04:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
Day 8, The Dark Elves
Our divide and conquer strategy is working out very well! We captured a few undefended locations today, a fresh (and enchanted) demon feasted on a boar, the Karagh healed itself and captured the unwalled elven city.

posted 03-11-03 04:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 46  
Yes, water walking is proving a great difficulty for me. I don't really have a plan now!
posted 03-11-03 06:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
Day 9, The Dark Elves
Today was a slow day, with not a single fight.

posted 03-12-03 01:55 PM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
No fights? Only just, I'll wager. Now I see my dwarf heros are completely cut off and can only sit and wait in the lizard 4 hex. My other hero party does what it can.
posted 03-12-03 04:50 PM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
Day 10, The Dark Elves
Nothing dramatic today either. The last boar rider was killed, and the Elven 4hex (deserted) was taken. Our armies are preparing for the big battles that are destined to be fought in a few days.

I'll be away for the weekend. I'll play my next turn on monday night.

posted 03-12-03 05:34 PM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Sitting waiting for the inevitable.
posted 03-17-03 03:36 PM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
Day 11-12, The Dark Elves
For the first time ever, a water walking battering ram has been seen!

posted 03-17-03 03:51 PM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
My only consolation is that I have water walking in the pirates game v Cay, so I am trying to put it to as good use FOR me as it is going AGAINST me here. And I recently saw someone use water walking on a builder! (I can only assume that you have mana coming out of your ears.

And welcome back.

posted 03-18-03 03:07 PM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
Thanks!

Day 13, The Dark Elves
Finally I was able to arrive with a significant force on the center island. Previously I've had lots of units nearby, but not with enough power to attack and most likely not strong enough to survive a night in the open next to the Dwarven heroes and Mole. But now the Elves are left with only their northern fortifications, and we're setting full speed towards them!

And yes, I do have way too much mana!

posted 03-18-03 05:01 PM EDT (US)     26 / 46  
At least the speediest unit won't be speeding anywhere anymore!

Please send me all your surplus mana.

posted 03-18-03 05:33 PM EDT (US)     27 / 46  
Day 14, The Dark Elves
Moving north...

Sorry, I missed your mana request. Let's see what I can do tomorrow.

posted 03-19-03 03:29 PM EDT (US)     28 / 46  
Day 15, The Dark Elves
We felt a little bit sorry for the green skins, and sent them a generous last gift. They must use it well, since they don't have much time left.

posted 03-19-03 04:29 PM EDT (US)     29 / 46  
Scratching my head trying to come up with some strategy other than sitting around waiting to be killed.
posted 03-19-03 05:01 PM EDT (US)     30 / 46  
Day 16, The Dark Elves
The NE was terror to face, but eventually it was defeated. The eastern city is ours!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Thinreed Lake - Nojd v Unicorn77
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames