You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL- Blood Isles (hesiden GillB)
posted 03-12-03 00:45 AM EDT (US)   
Two Blood Isles games.

hesiden (goblins) vs GillB (halflings)
GillB (goblins) vs hesiden (halflings)

day 1 out shortly.

Replies:
posted 03-12-03 01:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
hesiden (goblins) day 1 played and sent to halflings.

GillB (goblins) game started day 1 sent for you to play.

posted 03-12-03 02:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Good luck & good game

Played and sent. Usual sort of beginning stuff.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 03-12-03 09:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
Played and sent ... surprised to see our opponents already in the second game.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 03-13-03 00:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
Goblins day 3 played and sent. I thought I'd be a bit different here and not go free the goblin prisoners first thing. May or may not be a good idea.

Halfings day 2 played and sent. Hit a bug here, my eagle rider flew onto my galley, but didn't seem to "merge" with the stack. I could see the eagles wings flapping behind the ship and the ship could not move. I thought I'd save the game a reload and it would fix it, but the eagle rider simply disappeared. I don't mind continuing, just thought it was strange.

GillB, looked at your recommendations. Good Omens is hilarious, don't know why you don't like Disc World as well. Which Disc World(s) did you read? I met Terry Pratchet once, nice guy. FYI, Highlander can't be the best TV series every because that spot is taken by Babylon 5.

posted 03-13-03 03:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
Turns sent ... things not going quite as hoped

Do you want to replay that turn? It's bad enough losing your eagle rider to the enemy (*clears throat meaningfully*) but it's worse to lose it through a bug ... I don't have any problem with you replaying if you want to.

I started the first Discworld. Can't remember what it's called. Pratchett's a 'local boy' and was taught at junior school by my daughters' ex Head Master. People have told me I should try other ones like Wyrd Sisters but I haven't got round to it. Sorry, but Highlander the Series rules everything (except possibly the West Wing).

posted 03-13-03 09:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17  
Halfling game sent.

posted 03-13-03 09:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
Don't worry about the eagle rider.

Both games sent.

posted 03-13-03 10:09 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
Goblin game sent.

posted 03-14-03 02:40 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
Goblin game sent ... I get the feeling this one might be nearly over ...

Halfling game sent

posted 03-14-03 10:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
Goblin game ... stalemate for now
Halfling game ... need an entire rethink

Both sent

posted 03-14-03 10:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
hesiden as halfings defeats GillB's goblins. I think the goblins get a slow start if they try to free their prisoners first. Also the halfing's avengers give their navy an advantage as you found out the hard way. Good game.

hesiden as goblins turn sent.

posted 03-15-03 05:13 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Goblin game returned in case you want to do something with it. Congrats ... good game

Halfling game sent. Goin' back to our roots ...

posted 03-15-03 07:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
Turn sent ... getting a bit tricky ...

posted 03-16-03 03:46 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
Main goblin and halfings armies clashed. Goblins won, but the halfing fleet still remains and is in range of the gobin ships. Lucky for the goblins we have water walking (else we wouldn't attacked and left our fleet vulnerable), so it looks bad for the halfings.
posted 03-16-03 04:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
Very bad ... but we're still alive. I'm a bit sad that one goblin hero managed to dispose of two Halfling heroes, but I suppose that's FC for you

posted 03-17-03 11:58 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
Haflings sent the goblin fleet to the bottom of the ocean, but the gobin leader walked across the water and captured the halfling capital without a fight. I do believe the halflings have no ground forces left, so its just a matter of sinking the two remaining halfling dragonships.
posted 03-18-03 02:22 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
Turn sent

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL- Blood Isles (hesiden GillB)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames