Website Feedback & Announcements
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Battle of the Forums: Nomination Thread
posted 02-09-08 08:30 PM EDT (US)   
The clash of forums is near!

Baske announces: "Battle of the Forums"!

It was a lonely day. Inside the Cherub Wagon, Zen; the divine lord and God of HeavenGames turned on his computer. Everything was going fine until Zen realized something was missing. All the staff, as exemplary and *insert flattery here* as they were, were extremely predictable. This was also the case for the members. Zen then had a great idea to add variety to HG. He organised a giant party for a few members from each heaven, and sent in 3 of his most trusted staff with nice sharp kittens axes.

His plan was to assassinate the members, while he sat back and ate some popcorn. As the members realized this, they quickly gathered up their pointy sticks. The stage was set, and Zen ordered the killing to be conducted in a turn based civilised manner. What forum has the most cunning warriors? We're about to find out...

For more information, rules of the game, teams etc. read the Battle of the forums! thread in OD.

Nomination Round

Each former can nominate a representative for the AoWH/AoW2H team, nomination closes Wednesday February 13.

After that, from Thursday 14 to Sunday 17 of February we vote for the nominees. The top three elected will represent AoWH in the 'Battle of the Forums'. A former can only represent one Heaven and one staff member only for our team.

The nominees are:

---

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
Replies:
posted 02-13-08 00:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
Can I nominate myself?
posted 02-13-08 02:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Quoted from Baske, who's behind the idea, in the HG Staff Forum:
Also, just an idea. Instead of having forummers nominate other forummers, perhaps people should nominate themselves for voting, then people that don't want to play don't get stuck in a position they didn't want to be in. They will either feel forced to play, or will just not do it anyway.
Every forum has its own way, but yes, I agree, that is a far better way. I originally thought that nominating others would be fun, but it's proven to be more difficult.
It's up to each forum, but since there have been no other nominees and voting is supposed to start tomorrow, I see no reason why not.

The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
posted 02-13-08 03:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
I'll stand for any sort of election too

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-13-08 05:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
Forwards, onwards. i will stand also for election to this team.

On the bright side, anyone from OD will then love us. on the bad, everyone else will think we are an OD put-up job.

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
posted 02-13-08 10:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
Since we don't have any admins nominated yet, I'd also like to nominate Enginerd if I can. If not, someone else nominate him, OK?
posted 02-14-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
Well, might be an idea to check if he wants to do it first...

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 02-14-08 06:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
Why not... it's fitting in that mostly AoW1 forummers are interested
posted 02-15-08 04:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
Well, now the bad news. AoWH has drawn the Mod team in the first round, and you know darned well they are going to cheat

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 02-15-08 09:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Shouldn't there be a voting thread or something? It says we only have until Sunday to vote.
posted 02-16-08 04:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
Well, at the moment we have 4 nominees.

Disenchanted
CSH
Sir Wulf
Enginerd.

We are all obviously biased. i guess we need someone else to come in here and choose

(Er, I might get picked for the OD team too, but thats easily gotten around as they have a large pool of players to chose replacements from)

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 02-16-08 05:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
I believe Enginerd is chosen to be in for all the great work he have made for AoWHeaven but itīs really not up to me to decide.

No need for unnecessary citerias.-Balak 20/03.08

Well.. that was a unnecessary citeria
posted 02-16-08 05:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
I like the sound of:

Enginerd AoWH
Timelord AoW2H
Swolte AoWH(s) Seraph

Representation

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-17-08 01:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
lol... 3 mods on one team... that's the ticket.

One of the purposes of the game between forums was to help enourage forummers to get to know the other heavens out there. I'd be more than happy to have our 3 forummers be on the team (Disenchanted, CSH, SW). If SW is chosen from the OD team then I can step up to the plate.

I do think we were supposed to have some sort of voting..... but if the general consensus gets us there I guess that will work too.
posted 02-17-08 02:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
I got picked by OD, so i guess you are it Enginerd.

Not that it overly matters anyway. Some heavens are taking it entirely too seriously and are making alliances and all sorts. I anticipate both OD and AopWH getting knocked out fairly early on.

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 02-17-08 04:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Forgive my insolence master! Join us in the Battle of the Forums

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-17-08 04:43 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
lol... 3 mods on one team... that's the ticket.
Except that the rules (for this round at least) set a limit of one staffer per team. There's been discussion in the Staff Forum about that being less then ideal, what with many staff active in other Heavens as well, but for now...
One of the purposes of the game between forums was to help enourage forummers to get to know the other heavens out there. I'd be more than happy to have our 3 forummers be on the team (Disenchanted, CSH, SW). If SW is chosen from the OD team then I can step up to the plate.
And SW has indeed been been chosen elsewhere.

Voting was expected, but the actual procedures were left to each Heaven's discretion, but with only three entries for a three-man team, the issue is moot. We appear to have our team.

posted 02-17-08 07:29 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
Yipee!!! We've got a team!

Thanks for all the help in getting things setup for us CG!

OK team... let's go have some fun
posted 02-18-08 01:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
Yay! That's the way! Thanks Chow for the opportunity!

Come on lads... Let's show 'em how to play a turn based game

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-18-08 08:19 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22  

The nomination is over, maybe we should try to come up with a strategy?
posted 02-19-08 01:36 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
I'll keep reviving you two as you fight off everyone!

It's the perfect plan

Nom Nom

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-21-08 05:25 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Well, if other Heavens are making alliances we'd better do the same, right?
posted 02-23-08 01:41 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Better start checking out the thread below. Our game has started and I think Disenchanted is up next.

Battle Of The Forums: Round 1
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Website Feedback & Announcements » Battle of the Forums: Nomination Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames