You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Random Large (Tibbs vs Bhruic)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-27-04 08:16 PM EDT (US)   
WL Random Large (Tibbs vs Bhruic)

Tibbs: Humans
Bhruic: Orcs

Large random map
No underground
Cities set to Large
Everything else is Random
Surrender ON (because I forgot)

Good Luck!

They call me MISTER Tibbs!

Sidney Poitier (In the Heat of the Night)1970

[This message has been edited by Tibbs (edited 04-28-2004 @ 09:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-10-04 01:24 PM EDT (US)     41 / 71  
Now with the windmill under our control we are free to focus elsewhere.

posted 05-10-04 10:11 PM EDT (US)     42 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 22

Found nasty unicorn that stole my windmill. But big army of stinky humans near too. Would kill, but they have big nasty floating brain. It probably think better than me.

Bh

posted 05-11-04 09:33 AM EDT (US)     43 / 71  
Phobius sat awake throughout the twilight hours knowing that at dawn the first battle of man and orc would commence. Hero vs hero, knight vs bat, cavalry vs cavalry. It was going to be bloody.

As expected, the cavalry was the first wave to fall for both sides. Their pointless charges absorbed by the other. The knights followed, supported by the superior war mind of the Hive, and tore through the last of the defenders. Almost.

The orcs retaliated and downed the hero of the humans and his accompanying unicorns. Next it was their minion spider. It was disposed of easily. If not for the valour of the knights the day would lost but they stood their ground and tore through the enemy ranks. In the end the enemy was all but eliminated except for a sole doombat who escaped into the air.

posted 05-11-04 12:54 PM EDT (US)     44 / 71  
[color]Skulkan, Day 23[/color]

Army all die to humans. Well, not all die. Bat survives. Bat is mad. It no want to run away. It return to fight.

Me laugh at humans! Bat is mad. It kill all the nasty humans. Me like Bat.

Bh

posted 05-11-04 02:06 PM EDT (US)     45 / 71  
Sorry for the restart message but the game crashed as I watched your one bat kill all my troops. I would write a longer post but I think this forum has an obscenity rule.

posted 05-11-04 10:14 PM EDT (US)     46 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 24

Me think it time to move in and crush the humans. But me be wrong before.

---

np, you couldn't have been any more surprised than I was. I was hoping to get the brain, and figured the knights would butcher me. They did come close a time or two, but somehow those darn bats just wouldn't die.

Bh

posted 05-11-04 10:56 PM EDT (US)     47 / 71  
The orcs win the first round and speak of total victory. The realm of Phobius shall not fall so easily.

posted 05-11-04 11:52 PM EDT (US)     48 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 25

Me find new city. It full of nomads. Not very tasty, but me think me take anyway.

Bh

posted 05-12-04 08:16 AM EDT (US)     49 / 71  
Reports have been placed about a certain bat flying around.

posted 05-12-04 03:45 PM EDT (US)     50 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 26

Me not seeing many humans. Me know they are around. Are they hiding? Me try and find out.

Bh

posted 05-12-04 08:01 PM EDT (US)     51 / 71  
They're right above your hell hound.

posted 05-13-04 00:45 AM EDT (US)     52 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 27

Ok, now me see humans. Lots of humans. And a nasty spider too. Fire dog not going to live long, me thinks. He did like Furnace tho'.

Bh

posted 05-13-04 08:11 AM EDT (US)     53 / 71  
Here come the bats. This time we shall hopefully do better.

posted 05-13-04 02:19 PM EDT (US)     54 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 28

More humans come. Me think it good time to go someplace else.

Bh

posted 05-14-04 00:23 AM EDT (US)     55 / 71  
At the light of dawn the horn was blown and the hound hunt began. Sir Edwert IV of the noble house of rose was the first to reach the beast and easily put it to lance. The enjoyment was only half-hearted because everyone knew where they stood. The edge of human domain and the border of orcish territory.

posted 05-14-04 01:15 AM EDT (US)     56 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 29

Dis not good day. First fire dog dies. Then another fire dog dies. Me think fire dogs just not up to snuff. At least me get Earth Node for troubles. Humans coming to me. Me needs bigger army to fight dem.

Bh

posted 05-14-04 08:46 AM EDT (US)     57 / 71  
Movement is slow in the orcish swamps.

posted 05-14-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     58 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 30

Me looking for where humans go.

Bh

posted 05-15-04 11:49 AM EDT (US)     59 / 71  
Slooow movement.

posted 05-15-04 02:51 PM EDT (US)     60 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 31

Me see humans now. They drag slow people along. They move slow. This makes me happy. Me faster than them.

Bh

posted 05-15-04 05:40 PM EDT (US)     61 / 71  
Rollin', rollin', rolling....

posted 05-15-04 08:15 PM EDT (US)     62 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 32

Finally me find other friendly city. Too many of those 'nice-nice' cities. We have to eat them and move in. But me not think eating these be good idea.

Oh, and humans move towards me. They too slow to care about.

Bh

posted 05-16-04 06:01 PM EDT (US)     63 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 33

Me see sneaky spider try to take back windmill. Me say no! Me squish spider.

Human army keep moving. The slow, but big. Me little worried now.

Bh

posted 05-17-04 09:21 AM EDT (US)     64 / 71  
Phobius stands atop his tower walls. The orcs have ignored our advancing war party and they march unhindered in orcish lands. The risk is great because the orcs have sent their deadly little bats at our lands and are circling the defences of the city wall. One army shall fall, but which one?

posted 05-17-04 03:34 PM EDT (US)     65 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 34

Me have big army in home city now. Humans not look so tough. They attack, we kill them. They best go home now.

Bh

posted 05-17-04 04:02 PM EDT (US)     66 / 71  
A stressful situation.

posted 05-17-04 07:15 PM EDT (US)     67 / 71  
Skulkan, Day 35

Today is a great day for my Orcan empire! No longer must I feign stupidity in an attempt to confuse my enemies. In two stunning battles did we prove our superiority, throwing down the false usurper Phobious and his armies. First my crack warriors pounced on a tactical blunder Phobius made that split his attack force in twain. We engaged half of it, routing the enemy and leaving him severely weakened.

Then, my most fierce war bats swooped in on his capital. Although a few fell, the majority broke through, feasting on the corpse of Phobius.

Long like the Orcan Empire!

---

Good game Tibbs, you certainly had me worried at times. Those bats sure seem to be on the powerful side - perhaps a little too powerful. Still, I suspect that had your army been faster, it would be Phobius celebrating a win.

Bh

posted 05-17-04 07:16 PM EDT (US)     68 / 71  
(and, of course, that would make a great deal more sense as "Long live the Orcan Empire". Although I hope someone likes us).

Bh

posted 05-18-04 09:37 AM EDT (US)     69 / 71  
Good game Bhruic! Having seen the destruction those bats could do on the knights I decided to change my strategy and go for cannons. I should have built a bunch of ballista in hindsight but I had a lot of cash so I was about to have them rolling out starting at the beginning of the next turn. That army in your territory was mostly for show because I had very few units that could attack a Wizard Tower well. They'd be good defensively if I kept them together which was another mistake. Anyway, congratulations again because you definitely hit me with my back turned and if you'd like another game, I'd enjoy it.

*make sure you claim your WL victory

posted 05-18-04 10:03 AM EDT (US)     70 / 71  
Ah, yes, cannons would have been quite good bat killers, hadn't thought of them.

You might have considered your army "for show", but when I first spotted it, I had 4 units in my city - my wizard, 1 pikeman and 2 archers. I think you could have taken them. I managed to pull in some of my outlying armies.

As this was my first WL game, I have no idea how to claim the victory.

Bh

posted 05-18-04 10:05 AM EDT (US)     71 / 71  
Oh, and a new game would be good. Although I'd prefer not to be Skulkan again, that's 3 games in a row I've had him, time for someone new.

Bh

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Random Large (Tibbs vs Bhruic)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames