You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: PestilenceFamine_v1.4(beta)(jsroy vs BruceEstrie)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-27-04 09:52 PM EDT (US)   
New 1 on 1 WL game.

Map is pestilence and famine v1.4 beta.

Playing mode is blind. (just the way I like it )

Standard rules apply

Players:

jsroy73
BruceEstrie

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 11-27-2004 @ 10:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-05-04 11:03 AM EDT (US)     41 / 47  
Tour 19:

Ca l'aire que la guerre vient d'être déclarée. On pourra pas dire que tu n'as pas courru après

posted 12-07-04 08:49 PM EDT (US)     42 / 47  
Day 30:

Hehe, captured a newly built wizard tower belonging to famine. He knew I wanted one so he kindly spent the money on it for me

posted 12-07-04 11:17 PM EDT (US)     43 / 47  
I sure did... prendre ton territoire était trop facile, il faut bien que je te laisse une ville pour rendre la tâche d'un minimum de défi !!

Cher frère regarde bien comment elle est construite cette tour, bientôt elle ne sera que souvenir pour toi...

posted 12-15-04 02:17 PM EDT (US)     44 / 47  
Jour 53:

Nothing interresting

posted 12-16-04 06:17 AM EDT (US)     45 / 47  
Day 54:

My brother controls 75% of the map, but I still managed to destroy one of his wizard tower...

ts

posted 12-19-04 07:34 PM EDT (US)     46 / 47  
LAST POST:

Yes, this is probably my last post in this game because I offer this game to Bruce.

We both had a similar start but I suffered a couple of unlucky events early in the game that gave the advantage to Bruce. To compensate I tried to sneak a mojor force behind enemy lines to take out his wizard. In getting there, I found that he had built himself another tower. I captured the city with the tower and selled it for a lot of gold! After that, my forces pushed deaper into his territorry and arrived almost unharmed near his capitol where his forces intercepted me and destroyed half my forces, my other half still managed to kill his wizard though. Unfortunately a powerfull strike force of his captured a city on the center of the map having another wizard tower so his wizard did not die.

His wizard now being in the center of the map was easier to get to, and because my scouts had seen that he was only lightly garded I sent there half of my troops to finish him off. In the mean time Bruce managed to corner the strike force I had sent to kill his wizard and destroy it.

When my troops got to his wizards tower in the center of the map he had gathered a lot of reinforcement. But since my troops where of better quality I ordered the attack anyway, but only to fail (Bruce had lost almost nothing in the attack).

So now here is where the game stands. While my energy was spent on getting a strike force to his wizards tower, Bruce's energy was spent on conquering most of the land. My assassination of his wizard having failed, the destruction of my strike force and of my army of elite leaves me very weak (my reputation is: pathetic) and Bruce very strong (his reputation being: Terrible).

So now there is no way I can overcome him with the present distribution of power.

Félicitation Bruce, tu m'as vraiment détruit dans cette partie. Alors si t'as pas d'inconvénient j'aimerais te l'abandonné et en commencer une autre !

Jean-Séb. Roy

posted 12-20-04 10:22 PM EDT (US)     47 / 47  
J'accepte humblement la victoire.

In fact, at certain point, you were very very close to win this game. You had destroyed the 2 cities I ahd a tower in, and threatning the third (and last one), where my wizard was.

The spider web spell saved me. By casting it at the tunnel exit, I stopped you bone dragon and big unique unit (don't remember his name) to bring back my head to your office...

That extra turn allowed me to build another tower in 1 turn (really 1 turn, that's all have build that turn!) and to have another escape. It also allowed me to bring a stack of 8 archers to defend my wizard along with 2 reapers.

From there it turn around, both attacks on my wizard failed and I knew nothing else was coming since I had clear view of 95% of the ground level. Most buildings were mine and I had a dozen of "concealed" unit in the remainings part of the map.

A very exciting game, I enjoyed it, thanks.
Bruce.

[This message has been edited by BruceEstrie (edited 12-20-2004 @ 10:22 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » PestilenceFamine_v1.4(beta)(jsroy vs BruceEstrie)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames