AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: +-+-+WL Fub vs LTR on Pestilence and Famine+-+-+
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-16-04 05:29 PM EDT (US)   
Here we go again. No sisters as in the past, but two brothers, quite undead brothers. This should be a fair fight till... erm... death...

LordTheRon as Pestilence
Fubarno as Famine

May the most undead brother win!

Replies:
posted 01-30-05 06:52 AM EDT (US)     81 / 92  
Pestilence

Geez, we won three fights today. Two were a given but one was hard enough. Oh well, it was but a very small punch.

posted 01-30-05 12:22 PM EDT (US)     82 / 92  
Famine -

Ahh! There's still some fight in my brother.

I reveal another force, with a composition of archon avengers, coming north in the eastern tunnel not too far from the Tower of Pestilence.

Some diggers are working on a tunnel to flank the undead dwarf's army and break up that stalemate.

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 01-30-2005 @ 12:27 PM).]

posted 01-30-05 06:24 PM EDT (US)     83 / 92  
Pestilence

I might as well kill myself.

posted 01-30-05 10:46 PM EDT (US)     84 / 92  
Famine -

LOL.

I grow overly confident and this cost me one of my hero's. Well perhaps not overly...

posted 01-31-05 05:39 PM EDT (US)     85 / 92  
Pestilence

Those Dread Reapers really are quite something! Still things are looking horrible.

posted 01-31-05 11:23 PM EDT (US)     86 / 92  
Famine - 42

Sweet victory is mine, but not before I mop up all of my late brothers larger armies. Sorry Pestilence, but you were just not evilllllll enough.

Another good game LTR. Things went real smooth for me after the first or second turn (?) when I went to the void. I didn't really get a chance to use the catalyst trick in the game because my cp were so high to begin with and just got higher. I was one turn away from having 90 cp's per turn.

The two big breakthroughs for me was getting across the underground river in the middle for you and catching a strong hero unprepared. That allowed me to capture the goblin city on your side of the undrground river and get a second free goblin hero.

The second break was you splitting your force up that crossed the river on the balloons and letting my approaching underground forces beat them up piecemeal. I wasn't expecting those balloons. That was a gamble on your part as you probablt weren't expecting a dread reaper who was just barely in range and just barely killed your hero's. I figured you might have to respond to my strong force in the central cavern and you did when you sent the three gold medalled spectres.

Do you want to re-run this one from opposite sides or do you know another good map that you'd like to try? Let me know and I'll set up, if you want.

Best regards

Fubarno

posted 02-01-05 04:43 AM EDT (US)     87 / 92  
Truly dead Pestilence from the eternal void

Very well played Fubarno.

I must say that I really enjoyed the map and the game. I was doing pretty well for a long time, till your underground breakthrough. That was something that caught me completely off guard and that's where you really got the upperhand.

I should have gotten myself back into the game after I crossed the river, but I took too many chances there and should have never seperated my gold medalled spectres from my heroes.

I also realised that I should have gained quicker access to those Reapers as a single Reaper is already a force to be reckoned with.

I'd surely like to play this map again with reversed sides. Please set one up and send it out! Meanwhile I'll report the gameresult of this one.

posted 02-01-05 09:21 PM EDT (US)     88 / 92  
Ok, sounds good. I liked this map too.

I'll try and get it out to you this evening, start a thread and register.

posted 02-02-05 07:23 AM EDT (US)     89 / 92  
Perfect, I'll be patiently waiting for the first turn. Let's see what life is like being Famine!
posted 02-02-05 03:28 PM EDT (US)     90 / 92  
Sorry for the delay, I couldn't get my disk to start yesterday. I have been having that problem. I'll try tomorrow as today is not good.
posted 02-02-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)     91 / 92  
No problem! Just send it out when it suits you.
posted 02-04-05 07:06 PM EDT (US)     92 / 92  
I sent the new game turn and started a thread. Let me know if you haven't recieved it yet.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » +-+-+WL Fub vs LTR on Pestilence and Famine+-+-+
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames