You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Marlenes Welt (The Groll-Sugar Beet-Fire Golem (Thundarr)-Frall (Swolte)-naeco-unicorn77-Enginerd-King David)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
posted 11-16-06 05:44 AM EDT (US)   

Marlenes Welt - Revision 12

To make the game fast I will add the players from east to west in our real world like in our last game. Then we are possible to play all in afternoon, in europe, at the same time and no one get´s his turn late at midnight and can´t play it. Then we jump over the pool and when we are sleeping the americans can play and send the turns on to the west so that the turn arrive Asia and so on.
We will use PawelS Random Player tool for ramdom setup for the players. I have asked you, if someone wants to make the setup. All of you have sayed that they belive my player setup so I will roll the dices now
Roll! Here are the results!

The nations in "Marlenes Welt - Revision 12" - Games Setup for fast turns

Player 1 - - Morpheus - Undead - The Groll - Germany - email
Player 2 - - Erdari Stolzfuß - Hobbits - Sugar Beet - Germany - email
Player 3 - - Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans - Thundarr - USA - email - thundarr AT dock DOT net
Player 4 - - Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves - Frall - Netherlands - email - frallaow AT gmail DOT com
Player 5 - - Nitrateris - Dark Elven - neaco - France - email - nguyen.huyhai AT gmail DOT com
Player 6 - - Tinuviel - Wood Elven - unicorn77 - England - email - unicorn77 AT onetel DOT com
Player 7 - - Merassia - Goblins - King David - Chile - email - kngdvd2000 AT yahoo DOT com
Player 8 - - Arcita Eishexe - Frostlings - Fubarno - USA/California - email - rutbeer AT earthlink DOT net replaced by Enginerd

To make your headline colored in your wizzards color, simpley copy the line below to your post and change the day.
[b][c=000000]Morpheus - Undead, night ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=FFFF00]Erdari Stolzfuß - Hobbits, day ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=D2B48C]Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans, day ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=FFC0CB]Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves, day ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=9932CC]Nitrateris - Dark Elven, day ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=00FF00]Tinuviel - Wood Elven, day ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=8B4513]Merassia - Goblins, day ___[/c][/b]
[b][c=CCCCFF]Arcita Eishexe - Frostlings, day ___[/c][/b]
From time to time when new special things happens I will update the main post to inform you all. You will see this when I´m insert this line to one of my posts.

World news today in Marlenes Welt
1. Latest version of Marlenes Welt - Revision 9
2. The scenario Marlenes Welt is a XL scenario with 8 races.
3. Go to the links above to have comments or details about the map, please Comments, Suggestions, help
4. The map is only in german language. The Groll, Sugar Beet & Fire Golem are german players. You can ask for help with german translation every time. I´m the mapmaker of this map. I will answer all possible questions, even when it´s bad for me But you can ask Sugar Beet too. Maybe it´s better to ask a allie as a foe?
5. Me (The Groll) and Sugar Beet play at the same computer and use the same email for this game. I have to change the turn order then, so that she and I can play one after the other. That will speed up turn-around time. Same email as The Groll.
6. Very important. I recomment to use a password. But please send you passwort to one of the password keepers!!!
Game Password Keepers
Play By EMail News Page for Roger: Rogerforward@hotmail.com
Age of Wonders II Sprout: speicher@wueconc.wustl.edu
Greenmonster: aow_pbem_pass@hotmail.com

7. I (The Groll) has host the game.
8. We are complete! 8 payers. If someone want to retreat - no problem. This is the last time for that. I will use Pawels random player too now to set up the wizzards.
9. Game has started.
10. The PBEM savegame file is more than MB. Please check your mail account if it can hold this file size when the turn comes to it.
11. Please, if you want to write "Sugar Beet", mark the mail (we use the same email account) so that I (The Groll) can see it. Then I will not open this mail and give it to the Sugar Beet.
20. Please! Be very carefull! This world is extreme dangerous! Don´t rush! Send out spys. Protect your wizard!! We all have hard start positions. Belive me. There is no need to win the game within the first 10 days but you can lose it in this short time when indies attack your Wizzard! No one is faster than you. Be carefull. don´t risk you wizzards life when your tower is unprotected. Take the time you need. This is a XL map.
12. Allied Victory is possible in this scenario! Think about this!
13. I just see that I have a Revision 12 of this map. Made a longer time ago. I don´t know what I have chnaged there in the past but we will play this better version, of course. I will update it in the HG download forum soon.
14. Erdari Stolzfuß dies on day day 32.
15. Thundarr joins this game as sub and replaces Fire Golem forever. Welcome Thundarr! Hope you will like this game. Good Bye Fire Golem.

Rules and start setup for this game:
We play, using the house rules of HG.
But we have some special settings & rules here too

Status -> ready and tight - Do not attack in the same turn you declare war.
Special rule added as a new optional rule: Do not attack on the same turn that you accept peace. (This means, not to attack another player, that offers you peace at this day/turn. When you have not accepted her/his peace offer at this day so far and attack her/him at this day, you are not allowed later at this day to accept later her/his peace offer. You are not allowed to take some of his units or buildings and later in this turn take his peaceoffer. (I assume "attacking" means attacking units and capturing undefended cities and structures.))
Status -> ready and tight - Allied Victory - enabled - yes/on
Status -> ready and tight - All mastery spells - They are forbidden! If you use one all nations are allowed to declare war without warning and wating.
Status -> ready and tight - Bind summoned spell - allowed
Status -> ready and tight - Surrender - disabled/off
Status -> ready and tight - Build Teleportation Gates in citys - forbidden/disabled but if they are already there in some citys on the map, you are allowed to use them.
Status -> ready and tight - Saints are allowed to resurrect every unit you want. I think we won´t get a problem in this game with to much saints that resurect all and everything.
Status -> ready and tight - Build outposts allowed? Yes. But you will find not much space for them in this map. so it will not be very important.
Status -> ready and tight - Pawels Random Payer Generator? We will use it, to set up our wizzards/Nations by hazard to the map.
Status -> ready and tight - Teleporting items: Off

This game will be "FOR FUN" so I hope we all take it esay.
I wish you all good luck and may the best woman /man win.
And I hope all people play fair and don´t cheat or try something of that kind. Some people maybe don´t use passwords. Don´t look into their turns, please.

And please, remember! We want a fast game. Try to play at least one turn per day (no one will be killed if not but it is possible to lose arms and legs first. No, of course not, because we all have a real life to take care of, don't we?).

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. David´s Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marlene´s_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 12-20-2008 @ 11:32 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-13-07 03:38 PM EDT (US)     281 / 790  
Game restarted after crash. Writing all messages again. Grrrr...

Morpheus - Undead, nigth 40

We finaly meet the other lost races and my hearts jumps a little higher.
Finaly we meet all races and that makes me happy.
Our black dragon is a nice little birdy creature that will not harm anybody, but he don´t licks cold frostlings...

TS

Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. David´s Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marlene´s_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
posted 07-13-07 08:13 PM EDT (US)     282 / 790  
Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans, day 40

My world is filled with the mighty that must truly bask in my presence. Foes are hard to come by in this land. I must go farther afield to find some.

Small skirmishes with the creatures native to the desert. Belendor does receive a promotion to Lt. in the RTF. The northern army licks its wounds and ponders some sylvan conquests.

TS
posted 07-14-07 07:25 AM EDT (US)     283 / 790  
I haven't received the turn. Can you resent it?
posted 07-14-07 05:04 PM EDT (US)     284 / 790  
Just did. My bad.
posted 07-14-07 07:32 PM EDT (US)     285 / 790  
ts

log later
posted 07-14-07 09:42 PM EDT (US)     286 / 790  
Nitrateris - Dark Elven, day 40

Our dragon explored a vault which contains a good spell, but we need something evil, pure evil, not good. However, I'm now sure that no one will be able to have it. A human town is tomorrow's plan. Some guards nearby will be dealt with too if there's still time.

The undeads are now no less than a disappointment. Who do they think they are ? Peacekeeper of this world ? Make alliance to elves and tigrans, in peace with dwarves ? Offering us peace? What kind of pure evil could it be ?

There's no place for a leader who has such weakness !

TS
posted 07-15-07 06:22 AM EDT (US)     287 / 790  
Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves, day 40

My surface army continues exploring and conquering Numenor. At first the humans were reluctant to accept my reign and they attacked me. But after they met my beautiful nymphs many of them put down their weapons and offered their surfaces to me.
posted 07-15-07 06:25 AM EDT (US)     288 / 790  
Tinuviel - Wood Elven, day 40

Another couple of battles - for a water mill and an outlying city. No losses, except for a scouting water dancer in the night.

More horsetrading.

TS.
posted 07-16-07 00:34 AM EDT (US)     289 / 790  
Merassia - Goblins, day 40

A pathetic request for Peace was received from Morpheus and returned with a Declaration of War. It is rumored that his troops polish their bones as a means to appease his hobbit, elf and dwarf friends; his simple declarations of love for the forces of light are not enough to persuade his frail mind that he has convinced them of his intent to betray the Darkness.

On the trail we came upon some dwarves and slaughtered them without mercy. They were led by an Archon priestess who sent an urgent plea for clemency to her god but her god did not listen and so was she also cut down in cold blood, her horse slain too.

TS 2 Fubarno

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:

Version 1.4 - Race To Death: Rise Of Evil
Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

Proud member of the Upatch Team

posted 07-16-07 03:03 PM EDT (US)     290 / 790  
Morpheus - Undead, nigth 41

While the goblins and dark elven queens seams to be lesbians and couple with the cold queen from the north, there is of course no chance for a real man like me.

I never made alliances with lesbians but I try this days...
Every man likes lesbians (in fatasy) but when we see them in real life we must face the truth. Short hairs, legs full of hairs and nasty faces. Buhaa, how ugly...!!
And here we have for sure the evidence.
A queen from under the earth are of course full of hairs on her legs.
A Spider Queen... I don´t need to say more of course...
And a queen from the cold north where the only protection against the frost, is hairs on legs...
The facts are clear now...

Or is it the fear this two woman have?
The north is strong and will possibly win this world.
This two dark queens are nothing more than servants for the frostling queen...

But like in real life that I have left behind me a long time ago, they will see what happens when women loves to much...

Scratching, Bite and screaming will be the future of this world.
How ugly. I will leave this world soon behind me too and then you can bite and scratch for it.
But beware of your fingernails little queens...
I can hear you even now scream if they get broken...

I can´t stand this world anymore with all this girls.
There is only one sovereign queen that has the right for this world and this is the light elven queen now.

P.S.:
appease his hobbit, elf and dwarf friends
You forget the Tigrans...

TS

posted 07-16-07 08:35 PM EDT (US)     291 / 790  
Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans, day 41

Blam Sitan's blunderbuss fires and a druid gapes in disbelief at the gaping hole in his chest. Pow Khitan's pistol fires and puts him out of his misery. Meorrw, that was my druid you finished off. Khitan's just shrugs, he was still breathing when I killed him.

The battle completed Sitan eyes Khitan balefully. It seems ye cannot respect me rights to a kill. Begone with ye I hunt with my own army from now on.

Women, Khitan mutters. You can't live with 'em you can't live without 'em. He ponders on to his next battle. I hear rumors of a couple of lesbians however. Maybe they just haven't met a man such as me. heheh.

And so the armies of the north go there separate ways.

ts
posted 07-18-07 07:45 PM EDT (US)     292 / 790  
Hello ! Who has the turn ? It's been 3 days. As far as I know, Frall has just played one of his game today. No sight of his absence.
posted 07-18-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     293 / 790  
My bad. I thought I had already sent it and Frall emailed me today. TS
posted 07-19-07 01:44 PM EDT (US)     294 / 790  
Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves, day 41

My hero was on her way to pick up a few powerfull items when she was ambushed by a band of goblins. Most of the attackers seem to have fled away again, but large armies of dwarfs are sent to the entrance of my caves to kill the band of goblins. These creatures must be stopped before they can do more harm to peaceful travellers.

ts
posted 07-19-07 04:05 PM EDT (US)     295 / 790  
Nitrateris - Dark Elven, day 41

My dragon successfully cleared out the Pampas human town and the guards nearby. He is severely wounded though. The town is sent to my sister Merassia in order for her to fulfill a quest. Tomorrow, he will head north, there's still humans left around here to fill his hunger.

TS
posted 07-19-07 04:11 PM EDT (US)     296 / 790  
Tinuviel - Wood Elven, day 41

Our amphibious bridgehead in the west is secure, after some losses in the night, but is set to remain a mere outpost. So we make an amphibious landing to the north with the main army, and take a watchtower, the better to spy the land.

TS.

Oh! I am on holiday for a week from Saturday, so I guess the turn will be waiting for me on my return.
posted 07-23-07 00:58 AM EDT (US)     297 / 790  
Merassia - Goblins, day 41

Goblins hear rumours of powerful items, our heros want them, yes. Let's see if we can find...

Myself, I don't much care who's a lesbian and who ain't. I mostly just care who likes the darkness, or who should like the darkness but prefers to sun his bones in the light.

TS 2 Fubarno

Sorry about the delay, been busy I know that Unicorn77 is away for the week too.

Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

posted 07-24-07 03:47 AM EDT (US)     298 / 790  
Arcita Eishexe - Frostlings, day 41

I continue to play 'grab the mill' with Morpheus troops in their hiding hole.

Another hero would be nice right now.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 07-24-07 06:36 AM EDT (US)     299 / 790  
Morpheus - Undead, nigth 42

Not much to report.
Catched a watermill.
And readying the terrain for tomorrow night, when this watermill is under frosting control again.
The ground is more comfortable now in this area.

TS

posted 07-24-07 03:43 PM EDT (US)     300 / 790  
Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans, day 42

The day dawns and Khitan continues his deforestation of the sylvan population unharmed. He looks wistfully to the south wondering how his former companion fares.

Alas proud Sitan fueled by her desire to prove herself runs into some dwarvish marksman with an uncanny aim for frostling women. A mere flesh wound by the crossbowman does not concern her. She charges on into the fray. Out of the corner of her eye she sees another stubby fellow with a pistol in his hand. She quickly raises her shield, pow. Aha you missed me you bad breathed lout. Look again growls the dwarf. Sitan stares dumbfounded as she looks at her magical shield and the small round hold inside. Her eyes glaze and she curses the the dwarven smith who made such a costly error.

ts
posted 07-24-07 07:07 PM EDT (US)     301 / 790  
Nitrateris - Dark Elven, day 42

A busy day with all the paper works. On the road, there's only movement.

My council has adviced me not to be drawn into insults with the Undead. There's only actions to take him back to the darkness.

TS
posted 07-25-07 01:11 PM EDT (US)     302 / 790  
Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves, day 42

My draconian town is threatened by a large band of goblin outlaws. I hope my gargoyle is enough to scare the goblins away. The band of goblins who killed my hero must be long gone by now. We will stop the pursuit, but instead guard the entrances to our caves well.

ts
posted 07-28-07 12:42 PM EDT (US)     303 / 790  
Tinuviel - Wood Elven, day 42

Several battles in the night. No losses, but the troops are hurt and cannot heal yet. Best tread very carefully...

TS.
posted 07-29-07 01:57 AM EDT (US)     304 / 790  
Merassia - Goblins, day 42

Goblin troops are tired of days with no battle. The water dancer orders an attack on the Draco village, the results easily predictable - after killing the new inhabitant, the troops get tired of looking at the funny thing flying high above and put down their weapons and go back to telling jokes.

Elsewhere, we move on to new objectives here and there, far and wide. There are many horizons to cross.

TS 2 Fubarno

posted 07-29-07 03:29 AM EDT (US)     305 / 790  
ts

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 07-29-07 02:01 PM EDT (US)     306 / 790  
Morpheus - Undead, nigth 43

Fantastic news!
We captured a windmill tonight from the frostling queen!
Now we are able to conquer the world for sure.
Meanwhile more pestilence is oozing out of our caves and it heals the land from the endless ice.

Waiting for our friends. Passion is still needed.

TS

posted 07-30-07 01:40 AM EDT (US)     307 / 790  
Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans, day 43

Shira cleans out some a haunted den and gets a small trinket for her trouble. We await for our new friend to help rid us of a troublesome bird.

TS
posted 07-30-07 03:24 PM EDT (US)     308 / 790  
turn really sent
posted 07-30-07 05:42 PM EDT (US)     309 / 790  
Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves, day 43

My gargoyle celebrates his glorious victory against a massive horde of goblins. After almost singlehandedly killing many of the attacking goblins he had inflicted such heavy losses that the remaining goblins were to demoralized to continue fighting and fled like chickens. He now flies in circles around the few wounded goblins that remain and laughs at them and their pathetic attempt to seize the town. The goblins seem to mutter something, but unfortunately my gargoyle can't understand goblin talk.

ts
posted 07-30-07 07:18 PM EDT (US)     310 / 790  
Nitrateris - Dark Elven, day 43

My newly born dragon was so hungry both for food and for battles that it went out of control and ate the lonely dwarven rider. I can't punish it for that, dwarves are dragons' favorite food. So we are at war with the dwarves ! My dragon and the succubi will be having fun raiding this land **evil grin**

Here and there, the productions continue, guards are being increased as wars are imminent.

TS
posted 07-31-07 05:05 AM EDT (US)     311 / 790  
Tinuviel - Wood Elven, day 43

Another night battle poses no problems, but the army camps out elvishly, awaiting reinforcements.

TS.
posted 07-31-07 09:54 PM EDT (US)     312 / 790  
Merassia - Goblins, day 43

Goblins laugh at typical dwarven bravado. One of the "heavy losses" his Gargoyle inflicted took time out of his day to cross the swamp and snatch the mine back. That gargoyle sure is funny

TS 2 Fubarno

posted 08-01-07 04:27 AM EDT (US)     313 / 790  
Hi!

I think you send me you email IN turn.
If I try to open it I see Thundarrs color. Good that he have used a passoword.
That shows again how important passswords are
And it´s turn 43 but must be 44 because I am at the start of new turns.
Please resend the right email OUT turn.

Again I want to say that this game has a fantastic speed even when the undead are only sitting in dark caves doing nothing while all other nations grow.

posted 08-01-07 01:23 PM EDT (US)     314 / 790  
I always just use autosend so it should be fine, but I resent too.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 08-01-07 03:40 PM EDT (US)     315 / 790  
Thank you for resending. Now it works. But the game crashes two times today. Therefore all messages are gone. And I don´t have the power to write them all again.
Only one.

Morpheus - Undead, nigth 44

Fantasic news again today. Seam we will reach a golden age soon because we have captured a watermill again.
And completed a mission. A nice spell was the reward.

TS

posted 08-02-07 00:29 AM EDT (US)     316 / 790  
Drac Wüstenherr - Tigrans, day 43

My new flying pet is ready and with him in tow Belendar takes out a flying nasty and his cohort of chaos creatures without a casualty.

All independent nasties should be driven out soon and I can direct my attention outward.

ts
posted 08-02-07 01:58 PM EDT (US)     317 / 790  
Dain Eisenfuß - Dwarves, day 44

The dark elves and goblins have joined forces and are both invading my caves. But when defending their home dwarves fight twice as hard and every dwarf can kill half a dozen goblins without breaking a sweat. But dragons still scare us. A relativey small group of volunteers were sent to the entrance of our caves to face the invaders and hopefully kill or severly wound the dragon and its succubi friends in melee now that it had used up its breath attacks and they had a relatively small escorte and before they could flee over the lava. Everybody expected it would be a suicide mission and that most of the dwarves wouldn't make it back, but we fought with such ferocity that the goblin/dark elf invasion force was completely destroyed, and the dragon is slain. Because of our stone skin enchantments the goblins and dragon couldn't hit us, but we hit them hard. We will eat dragon meat tonight to celebrate this great victory.

In the distance we can see a new and much larger dark elven army approaching and to the north we see another group of goblins. As more and more dwarves are sent to the front we are confident that we can stop these new armies just as easily. But I will nonetheless make sure none of my dwarves will drink to much ale during the feast tonight. If they are to drunk we might be in trouble.

ts

OMG I must have used up all my luck for the remainder of the game in that fight.

[This message has been edited by Frall (edited 08-02-2007 @ 02:02 PM).]

posted 08-02-07 02:12 PM EDT (US)     318 / 790  
*...Thoughts of Morpheus...*

Interesting news...
Does this mean that the undead get more soldiers in future?
Can the dragon be reanimated as undead dragon?
What about this succubus and all the fallen dwarven soldiers?
Vampires and zomies... Muahhahaaa!
Yes! That would be great!

Please more battles and more blood and decay!

Fulfill your destinys!
Become UNDEAD!

...come to me my children...

posted 08-02-07 03:54 PM EDT (US)     319 / 790  
There is nothing left of the dragon to reanimate. It's flesh is being eaten and its bones are grinded to be used for medicines. Many goblins and a couple of succubi died but if they fight as zombies as bad as they fought when they were alive than they will be useless to you.
The dwarves who died will never turn to the dark side.

*Goes back to the victory party and grabs another peace of roasted dragon steak and an ale on the way.*

[This message has been edited by Frall (edited 08-02-2007 @ 03:58 PM).]

posted 08-03-07 11:51 AM EDT (US)     320 / 790  
Tinuviel - Wood Elven, day 44

Some reinforcements arrive, so we venture forward slightly to capture a windmill. There are some nasty looking area guards lurking around.... In the meantime, a flying unit lands on some production resources, and waits to fly back to safety.

TS.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Marlenes Welt (The Groll-Sugar Beet-Fire Golem (Thundarr)-Frall (Swolte)-naeco-unicorn77-Enginerd-King David)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames