loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: !=={+++++> War of the Twins: Fubarno vs Enginerd WL
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-19-06 01:00 AM EDT (US)   
WL game between...

Enginerd as the good guy, "Hooray, yippee, huzah!"

Fubarno as the bad guy, "Boo, hiss, gerrr!"

PBEM rules in effect. Surrender turned off.

May the best brother win.

Replies:
posted 01-07-07 10:58 PM EDT (US)     41 / 63  
Irasmus -

Argh! I thought I was so clever, but it looks like my brother has snuck an army up too, towards one of lightly guarded frontier towns. I order the garrison to hold their ground and either get victory or die on the wall.

Now, to the main stage, as Aramil's main force sallied forth from their town to recapture the watch tower between us. This is sort of what I've been waiting for as Aramil should have a very tricky decision to make in a "sticky" situation.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-09-07 11:23 PM EDT (US)     42 / 63  
Aramil

Arghhh!!!! Webs!!!! Our mighty force is pinned

We will soon be surrounded and overpowered in the desert lands.... it is of little comfort that we take two cities from our brother for losing the middle will be our ultimate end. We will fight on... hopefully the battle will go our way....

posted 01-10-07 05:39 PM EDT (US)     43 / 63  
Irasmus -

Unfortunately I miscalculated and was unable to conquer a magic catalyst in the dungeons that would have allowed another web spell.

The enemy force was out of reach of my western army so the two forces couldn't combine to attack the enemy.

Now it is the white nights who have the initiative as to what will be done. I gather a grand force to meet his should he decide to fight a grand battle.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-11-07 08:06 PM EDT (US)     44 / 63  
Aramil

Hmmmmm whatever shall we do..... 3 mighty stacks are nearby including about 8 vampires (where did they all come from ) a dark sorceress, my evil twin, lots of other beasts, some swimmers, ice creatures, ugh!!!!

Our mighty 3 stacks hole up and hope for the best... the other stragglers of my brother we killed but we're sure things won't go to our liking.

Underground.... things going quite well but it won't matter down there in the end.

posted 01-14-07 05:25 PM EDT (US)     45 / 63  
WE are doomed... it is only a matter of time... Our evil brother has 6 stacks of armies approaching including several seducers and entanglers to trap us. We do have a mighty army but their numbers are half... most unfortunate

Underground... things going really really well...

posted 01-15-07 02:16 PM EDT (US)     46 / 63  
Irasmus -

I am joined by my other army, including my three black knights to face the three white knights. The only thing missing is my pusillanimus brother who cowers in some far off safe location.

I and my mighty armies move within range of the enemy. They cry woe and doom, but I am leary of their laments for to take the town from these three stacks will be dificult and require much loss of my forces.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 01-15-2007 @ 02:20 PM).]

posted 01-20-07 08:33 PM EDT (US)     47 / 63  
Aramil....

What a fine situation we find ourselves in now.... it is really most unfortunate... 6 stacks are approaching the center city in the desert... our mighty 3 stacks are doomed... but we will fight to the death and hopefully take out many that are in front of us...

Underground... things going well... we hope to convince a mighty army to join us tomorrow...

posted 01-21-07 05:55 PM EDT (US)     48 / 63  
Irasmus -

So, Aramil sent the flower of his knighthood out to fight one of my mighty armies, and they won. Unfortunately the survivors couldn't get away to safety and my reserve grand army, led by me, came up to take command of the field. The white knight force was slaughtered, one of the white knights was even captured and enslaved. I lost one of my black knights. My army marches on.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-23-07 06:57 PM EDT (US)     49 / 63  
Aramil

The lands above ground will soon be lost... forever... We will fight as long as we can but it appears inevitable that my evil twin will soon overwhelm us.... darn vampires seducing everything in sight

posted 01-25-07 04:25 AM EDT (US)     50 / 63  
Irasmus -

I lead my army quickly towards the east to hopefully exploit any weakened state my brother may find himself after his defeat in the big battle.

I am nearly to the water that surely seperates me from my brothers final demise. Along the shore is a human town and within I see what is hopefully the last white knight that will ever live. A war galley is offshore so I expect that the white knight, with some other refugees, are planning their escape.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-25-07 11:25 PM EDT (US)     51 / 63  
Aramil day 29

Run...Run... Run Away and Hide... our evil brother is approaching and he will destroy us!!!

posted 01-27-07 08:04 PM EDT (US)     52 / 63  
Irasmus -

An ice bridge is forming across to Aramil's island. I shall soon see what their plan is for defense.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-28-07 06:07 PM EDT (US)     53 / 63  
Aramil

Hmmmm... defense... not much of one I'm afraid

posted 01-29-07 00:47 AM EDT (US)     54 / 63  
Irasmus -

Some of the refugees attempting to flee onto Aramil's last redoubt were caught and killed.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-29-07 07:14 PM EDT (US)     55 / 63  
Aramil

Our troops are mighty below ground... above ground we are getting thumped on

posted 01-29-07 11:38 PM EDT (US)     56 / 63  
Irasmus

I lead my 23 units deeper into Aramil's lands. Extra units follow up across the ice bridge. Hopefully there are no surprises.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-31-07 02:34 AM EDT (US)     57 / 63  
Irasmus - 34

Having marched, battled and seduced across my own wasted lands, a great river, through the desert, steppe, and forests to cross another great river, I and my army stand at the very front door to the White Tower. In my hand is the Headchopper and I gaze up to my brother on the ramparts. I wonder at his Horn of Drow and shield, Knight's Blessing. Soon they shall be mine, after the dirty work of sieging his his last castle.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 02-01-07 03:26 PM EDT (US)     58 / 63  
Irasmus - 35

The Black Knights prove dominant as I defeat my brother in the siege and occupy his tower.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fun, interesting game. If you want to rerun it from opposite sides, send me a turn.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 02-01-07 08:30 PM EDT (US)     59 / 63  
Aramil... Arghhhh Defeated...

Interesting map, I think your host of vampires with their seducing ability really tipped the scales in your favor. Not sure how you really managed to get all of them.

The overland web spell you cast on me to hold my troops in position at a critical time in the game was well played. You also made good use of that ice queen in crossing the waters. I had hoped to have several days to prepare for the invasion but that didn't happen.

posted 02-02-07 02:33 AM EDT (US)     60 / 63  
I think I started with 2 or three vampires on the surface and my second reinforcement group had 3 or 4 vampires, can't remeber exactly. Also, the three prisoners I released from the dungeon in my wasteland were the three nymphs.

I think Timelord made a cool map concept here and yes the maze is a lot of fun. One thing I'm not sure about is whether it's possible to take out the center indie wizard underground. I had a fabulous force underground that was all but obliterated two moves into his domain, by electrical attacks. I know you experienced some of this too, but didn't suffer as bad. I was totally shocked and barely got out with a couple units.

Did you try to rush into the center underground after you realized my force was rushing at you? If it's possible to capture the underground, then it's possible to have a tie on the map, which is unique.

I played this map once, a map test before TL released it, but have never looked at the map in the editor. I think I recieved different units in the reinforcement events from the first time I played it. Perhaps the units are picked randomely or TL changed it for release. Did you get any nymphs?

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 02-02-07 02:57 AM EDT (US)     61 / 63  
Well played Fubarno!

The centre indie wiz in the ug cannot be taken out, well, not unless you have a magic relay unit and have some summons that can defeat 2 ancient dragons + whatever the wiz has built. He is there primarily to cast storms, overland spells and generally annoy you with summons (the last is very rare though).

The reinforcements are random (picked from 10 lists or so), primarily to give some replayability to the map in addition to the maze underground. The Archons can get satyrs, nymphs and more cardinals too. How many reinforcements did you guys manage to get?

Quote:

Did you try to rush into the center underground after you realized my force was rushing at you? If it's possible to capture the underground, then it's possible to have a tie on the map, which is unique.

Hmmm...interesting idea but not possible at the moment. I'll have to think about this

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 02-02-07 05:43 PM EDT (US)     62 / 63  
Above ground I only received one white knight spawned as reinforcements. Underground I picked up a couple moles and rune master when they spawned on me, could really have used those above ground. My starting nymph and satyr (or whatever I started with) died quickly while trying to seduce something (my poor TC skills are to blame I'm sure). My cardinal underground did quite well. Not sure how you could get another above ground.

Underground I never really tried to go for the center wiz tower. My gold medal cardinal also had magic relay so having domain was not a problem underground and I thought of making the attempt for the center. Big problem was the lightning storms so I spent most of my time searching outside of the domain. I was working on getting units with lightning immunity (djinns and a few other units). I had managed to enlist the aid of a couple chaos lords, pheonix, dragons and other lvl 3s. Quite a force underground but never made it close to the center.

Fun map... I think I'd have had as much or more fun just trying to make an attempt on the center... maybe making that the goal of the game (first to capture the tower wins) or something like that.

posted 02-02-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     63 / 63  
I had 3 reinforcement events on the surface, including the ship, and one reinforcement event underground.

I was thinking that if I had to rush the center I would send my units peicemeal into the wizard domain, hoping that few could be targeted by storms and they could regather when near the indie wiz tower and attack. A desperate plan that sounds like it would be destined to fail when I hear of the center defenders.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » !=={+++++> War of the Twins: Fubarno vs Enginerd WL
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames