You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Round Sea 2.5 (MrlIfford, Bluebaby, Ibobs, Smuki)
posted 08-17-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)   
Game started. I know it is not completed by any means, but I hope balance is good. I am looking for views on balance and other game play rather than how pretty it is as I know that still needs work. Thanks!

MrLifford - Elf
Ibobs - Draconian
Bluebaby - Nomad
Smuki - Dark elf

Game on.
Replies:
posted 08-17-09 02:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
Hey Good News!

Do I go first? and do you have the updated map?
posted 08-17-09 02:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
Drago - Day 1.
We started out on a cold spring morning and eyes our potential targets. There are many and more I foresee tomorrow. We took a couple of unguarded windmills and looked further a-field. Our hero is valiant and needing experience. We also found some nice friends in the woods.
TS

Dave - you are second...
posted 08-17-09 02:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
The Elven Chick - Day 1

... After applying some green lipstick and adopting a haughty pose, the Elven Chick set about ordering her troops about.

Some unguarded Windmills were captured and they found some fine fellows lurking about in the woods ... Probably trying to sneak a peek at the Elven Queen. The were sent on their way!

Turn sent to Bluebaby.
posted 08-19-09 00:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
Yaka - Nomads, day 1

Collected some scattered refugees and about two furnaces. More to come tomorrow.

-------------
Em what is the situation in this game, everybody against everybody?

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 08-19-2009 @ 00:51 AM).]

posted 08-19-09 03:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
Dark Elfs

Gathering of resources...

ts

We can play 2 vs 2, or everyone for himself, or we can leave it open and manage alliances on the way.
Everything is fine by me.
posted 08-19-09 12:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
Drago - Day 2. Our friends from the forests are joining us quickly and bravely to fight the Necromancer and his evil. We wonder if any other leaders are still free of thought in the land? A plan is forming and tomorrow we strike the first blow. Let our sword hand be swift!

TS

I really dont mind either. The AI should be quite strong at the start to give a challenge, so I suggest let alliances form as they will. No spell trading, helpful casting ok.

I suggest standard rules (http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,12,0,60

1 - 2 - 3 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

Please note that I have left out standard rules 4 and 5 deliberately, it is war after all. This rule is more for the AI protection if you ask me and the AI in this will not be at peace with you.
OK?
posted 08-20-09 02:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
Ok, I'm stepping out of this again. I don't think that games without SR4 and SR5 make any sense. At least I don't want this. I'll update the "wanted list" if confirmed.

Ibobs, would be really great if you prepared your test games more thoroughly. Things should be known before game starts, and they should be documented. Btw, the header is incorrect and the turns out of order.

I have the current turn and I can send it out (unplayed) with password removed.

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 08-20-2009 @ 02:08 AM).]

posted 08-20-09 02:16 AM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
Hi Bluebaby, please dont leave - it was only a suggestion. If you want to play these 2 rules then I am not arguing as is little difference to me, really. By preparation, is there anything else, or just this and not applying a correct header? It really was just waiting for a communication back... I can correct the header and add the rules when we have them agreed.
Regards
Ibobs
posted 08-20-09 07:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
Sorry, Ibobs, but I stay out. This partly because I noticed I am in too many games right now and I can't cope with them.

By preparation I mean that first think about what you want, second setup rules and discuss with players and only third start a game. That the header is mixed up (and it doesn't bother you) shows a lack of sense of order. - Just as you wanted to know.

Perhaps this is a game for another newbie and you can play it as you want. Cheers!
posted 08-20-09 08:15 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
Being busy is a fair reason. A mixed header and a rule discussion is (sorry to say) just rubbish. You could have asked about the rules before playing the first turn.

I am just trying to play the game for fun, but the state of the whole community at the minute just seems to be falling apart. See Groll's posting in the last day or so. PBEM is getting less and less popular and we end up arguing about something that is basically irrelevant when it comes to playing the game.

Yes I am a newbie to all this PBEM stuff, but trust me when I say I have better things to do than bother any more.

Please note that this is just the final straw, not directly to do with you Bluebaby.

Ciao.

[This message has been edited by ibobs (edited 08-20-2009 @ 08:16 AM).]

posted 08-20-09 11:06 AM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
.hmmm Well the turn has been sent.

So what's the plan my friends? I think we should just get a new player (Toth perhaps?) and keep going. The rule changes don't really bother me, Ijust like playing = )
posted 08-20-09 12:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
Hi, MrLifford send an e-mail about you needing a replacement. I'm willing to join in the game if you still need someone.
posted 08-20-09 12:44 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
@Ibobs
Well, I am giving valuable feedback, this is something to be recognized. I don't see anything silly or bad here (from my side).

Ok, but let me be straight: Things change, also people in the forum do. But I am convinced that there will be a community for AoW for a long time still. On the other hand, AoW playing is likely not for every type of mind, and in my view it has always been more than just for fun. You must show yourself, to an extent, ingame and outgame. Some people can stand it, others can not.

Finally, and I hope you noticed this, there wasn't meant to be a sharp edge against you in what I said, just information.
Wish you good luck!

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 08-20-2009 @ 12:58 PM).]

posted 08-21-09 08:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
Yaka, Day 2.

The slaves..they..they are, no, they WHERE planning a rebellion. Nobody turns on Yaka the Almighty. Apperantly these slaves where off the wrong breed, My hordes will have to move on and find some more, but not too far because i'm already hearing whispers of defiance.. although maybe plundering those mines and farms will have done them some good.

TS.
posted 08-21-09 08:58 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
Dark Elfs

An Orc village has been convinced to join our growing empire.

ts
posted 08-22-09 01:16 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
The Good Elves: Day 3

A village was approached and the inhabitants were invited to join us in frolicing about in the forest .... We were rebuffed!

Tomorrow they join with us in our woodland play or else!

Ts to Redhaven12@gmail.com (*** Sent to Toth now *** )

[This message has been edited by MrLifford88 (edited 08-22-2009 @ 01:35 AM).]

posted 08-22-09 02:23 AM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
Yaka, Day 3

I eleminated every possible threat in my direct neighbourhood although I'm always on the look out for the next assassin...the slaves will never accept their fate. We also found some slaves hiding building materials, HAH, we captured the slaves and forced them to build a grand building.

TS

[This message has been edited by Toth (edited 08-22-2009 @ 02:23 AM).]

posted 08-24-09 11:58 AM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
The Good Elves - Day 4

Well the friendly hobbits are frolicing with us in the forest now. We are all happily getting along now ... except for the family members of some slingers and pitchfork guys.

Still exploring and picking up refugees
posted 08-24-09 12:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
I see a grand city off slaves arising, perhaps i could persuade their owners to sell them?

TS
posted 08-24-09 02:03 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
ts
posted 08-27-09 04:14 AM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
TS
posted 08-27-09 05:36 AM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
moving...

ts
posted 09-14-09 02:26 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
Bumpity Bump

Where are we in the turn?
posted 09-14-09 05:09 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
Got a new hero.

ts
posted 09-17-09 05:15 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
Found an item.

ts

PS: sorry about restart, but my comp froze in the middle of the battle.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Round Sea 2.5 (MrlIfford, Bluebaby, Ibobs, Smuki)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames