You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09TRound1 Game8 Rocky (ZombieEater-Albinscott)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-23-09 08:05 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #8
Map: Rocky Divide

------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Ember ZombieEater, b.regalis at gmail.com
Lord Drake Albinscott, albinscott at gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 08-23-09 10:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 57  
Lord Ember

Less than perfect start. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 08-24-09 08:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 1

Military adviser: My lord, it seems the grass is greener on the other side!

Lord Drake: Really?! Onward!

ts
posted 08-24-09 05:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 57  
Lord Ember

A better day, though not great yet.

Spies bring useful news of the lands surrounding us.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 08-24-09 10:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 2

Master Librarian: Sir, according to the Rocky Area Bestiary, Dwarves are a cunning race of sturdy workers and craftsmen.

Bookkeeper: Yes, perhaps they can even be friendly!

Lord Drake: What?! Too vague! Kill'em all!

ts
posted 08-24-09 11:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 57  
Lord Ember

There! Much better day!

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 08-25-09 02:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 3

Stand-up comedian: Hey, where do Hatchlings keep their medals? Under some rock?

ts

[This message has been edited by albinscott (edited 08-29-2009 @ 07:56 AM).]

posted 08-26-09 00:51 AM EDT (US)     7 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 4

Bio-Sociological Expert:Your highness, if we keep doing this, we will exterminate all the races in the area.

Lord Drake:Exterminate yes, save all Draconians and Dire Penguins. Here, take this bag of coins and go to the local store buy some more exterminating product. And don't forget to bring the change!

ts
posted 08-26-09 02:31 AM EDT (US)     8 / 57  
Lord Ember

Setting several wheels into motion that will prove very beneficial in the future.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 08-26-09 02:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 5

Foreign Office Minister: The people of Ashenville welcomes Lord Drake with opened arms and wishes the best of luck to his plans and plots.

Lord Drake: The people of Ashenville should be more carefull with what they wish for, a massive migration program is actually being considered!

ts
posted 08-27-09 00:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 6

Stand-up comedian: I have noticed that lizards are sometimes pretty much alike. For instance, if we would take Lord Drake, a Draconian Shaman and an Elder, and have them forming a lineup, I don't believe that more than 2 or 3 fellow lizard-citizens would be able to tell them apart!

ts
posted 08-27-09 08:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 7

Stand-up comedian: Ok, I have one for you people to guess: what's a Rogue doing hiding behind an Axeman? Don't know? He's has been caught in that lasting Axe effect!

Luckily, Bane Flamewing was able to handle them both.

ts
posted 08-27-09 03:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 57  
Lord Ember

A trap was set. A trap was sprung. And yet, the hero got away!

Oh, well, just need to use a stronger trap next time.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 08-28-09 12:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 8

Veteran Elder: While our society is currently facing a variety of challenges, it is my personal belief and that of my fellow elder colegues, that the Infidels problem is the most pressing and troublesome. This should be quickly addressed, in the best interest of our kingdom and the reinforcement of our religious values.

Lord Drake:Really?! Kill the infidels now! Kill'em all!!!

Bio-Sociological Expert: ::gotta find a different job... fast!::

ts
posted 08-28-09 04:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 57  
Lord Ember

Squashed some more resistance. Watched the red hero retreat hastily out of range. Completed a Quest.

Muahahaha!!

Everything going according to plan!

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 08-28-09 10:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 9

Ambir, International Terrorist Caput Animalis, written message: Toothless, I say!!!

Lord Drake: ?...

Homing Pigeon: ::Gotta agree with that sociologist::

ts

[This message has been edited by albinscott (edited 08-30-2009 @ 05:24 PM).]

posted 08-29-09 00:58 AM EDT (US)     16 / 57  
Lord Ember

The smiting of some uppity Dwarves reveals some interesting treasures. My reach increases.

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 08-29-09 07:54 AM EDT (US)     17 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 10

Military adviser: Sire, we have received an intelligence report referring that the dwarves have been helping our enemy with their skills. Too bad that we have slaughtered many of them earlier, or they could be helping us instead...

Lord Drake: What?? Now, who was the idiot that issued that order??!

ts
posted 08-29-09 02:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 57  
Lord Ember

I broke through another barrier today, opening up more lands.

The don't look so great, but in this little valley everything counts, even in not so large amounts.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 08-30-09 00:13 AM EDT (US)     19 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 11

Military adviser: Sir, Rastorm was captured by the enemy, sir.

Lord Drake:By the lost scale of the Great Reptile!!! There must have been a terrible fight over there! Let's prepare a few awards for the fallen brave soldiers.

Military adviser: Eeerm... certainly sir.. right away...

ts
posted 08-30-09 04:40 PM EDT (US)     20 / 57  
Lord Ember

Resistance in my new valley. We'll have to put those puny Humans in their place!

Hmm? Well, obviously! Obviously, I meant the other Humans! We are not puny, after all!

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 08-30-09 08:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 12

Stand up comedian: 4 Dire Penguins walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What is this? Some kind of joke?"

(adapted)

ts
posted 08-30-09 10:19 PM EDT (US)     22 / 57  
Lord Ember

More Dwarves...

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 08-31-09 08:56 PM EDT (US)     23 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 13

Stand up comedian: A skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Gimme a beer... and a mop."

(actually, we didn't find any undead, but this one was irresistible!!!)

ts
posted 09-01-09 00:28 AM EDT (US)     24 / 57  
Lord Ember

Urgh! We tripped some nasty Faeries who beat my guys pretty badly before going down. And the reward wasn't even half worth it.

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 09-02-09 01:02 AM EDT (US)     25 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 14

Foreign Office Minister: Sir, apparently there are several dwarven settlements on the underground, and not only on enemy teritory as it has been reported. Perhaps we should try to set our relations with them to a nicer status somehow.

Veteran Elder: And why not? As long as they would be kept on their proper step of Draconian hierarchy, that is, on its bottom; they could become excellent examples of an inferior race fitting a superior society. Wait, what am I saying?! They could even become actually useful!

Bio-Sociological Expert: That would be an excellent idea. Diversified societies have a greater chance of survival due to their enhanced capacity of adaptation to external challenges and threats. It has been said that...

Lord Drake: Shut up all of you! I hate dwarves, they are the lowest form of human life! You know what to do!...

ts
posted 09-02-09 02:12 AM EDT (US)     26 / 57  
Lord Ember

The first Flyer was sighted across the mountains. Hmm, I wonder how my Knights will do against those.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 09-03-09 01:29 AM EDT (US)     27 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 15

Liaison Officer: My Lord Drake, the enemy, in the person of his leader Lord Ember, wishes to know how he should handle our good winged Flyers, sir.

Lord Drake: Really?? Well, let him know this: he should get his Knights picking some nice flowers on the countryside. Then, gather some Courtesans, bring some food and nice beverage and set the whole thing in a big reception party right in Haven! That's how he should do it!

ts
posted 09-03-09 02:41 AM EDT (US)     28 / 57  
Lord Ember

Enemy scouts and thieves all over the realm! An emergency draft has been instituted to halt these incursion!

To arms! To arms!

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 09-03-09 09:54 PM EDT (US)     29 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 16

Stand up comedian: Two dwarves walk into a mini-bar...

ts
posted 09-04-09 00:26 AM EDT (US)     30 / 57  
Lord Ember

More of the land becomes visible on one level, while our scouts are being pushed back on another.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 09-04-09 11:50 AM EDT (US)     31 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 17

Military adviser: Sir, could we address some major issues that are presently concerning the Joint Command?

Lord Drake: Why certainly, Bob. But first, let me ask you this: do you have any idea why we are fighting Ember and his thugs?

Military adviser: Err... well sir, I believe we're fighting for the Draconian honor... err

Lord Drake: Wrong, my poor officer! We're fighting for money and wealth. It is Ember who is fighting for honor. Remember, each one fights for what he lacks of!

Military adviser: Oh, right sir... Well, now I have an issue... One of our top scouts reports that Ember is moving north of Haven with some soldiers, while he recently fortified the Recruitment Site SE of his capitol. We suspect that he could be preparing to move to the underground. Should we press there or above, sir?

Lord Drake: Like I said, Bob: follow the money trail, always follow the money trail. That's why we are here for.

ts
posted 09-04-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     32 / 57  
Lord Ember

In the south of the realm, the hide-and-seek with the Draco Flyer continues.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 09-05-09 00:58 AM EDT (US)     33 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 18

Young farmer: Grandpa, grandpa!!! Look, what's that huge snow-dust ball over there, coming in our direction?

Old farmer: Hold on, son. Let me put my glasses... Humnn, looks like a full stack of Lord Ember troops coming down the road. I see 3 Djinn, 2 Repeater Ballistas, 2 Cavalry and a Northern Glow. A Northern Glow!... Now I hadn't been seeing one of those in years!

Young farmer: My goodness! Shouldn't we warn the soldiers?!

Old farmer: Baaah, it's probably nothing. Should be some exercises or something. Get back to work or Lord Drake won't be pleased with this year crops.

ts
posted 09-05-09 02:52 AM EDT (US)     34 / 57  
Lord Ember

Standoff.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 09-06-09 02:38 AM EDT (US)     35 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 19

Draconian Messenger: My Lord Drake, incoming message for you, sir!

Lord Drake: Humnn... let's see... "North Watchtower displays White flag. Considerable Ember troops in the area. Northern flank threatened."
What?!! Didn't that peasant assured us that it looked like military exercises?? Hang the bastard!

Jester: Hihihi! Ember rhymes with blender! Is that the fate of our troops in December? Or should death come earlier in September? Hihihi!!!

Veteran Elder: I can't say I didn't warn you, Lord Drake...

Bio-Sociological Expert: Well, I should get going now... I have to send out some CVs...

ts
posted 09-06-09 06:44 PM EDT (US)     36 / 57  
Lord Ember

Still standing.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 09-07-09 00:29 AM EDT (US)     37 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 20

Elder Veteran Veteran Crusher, why are those soldiers celebrating over there?

Veteran Crusher: With all due respect sir, I believe they are celebrating the fact that we managed to stay alive by the end of 20 days of conflict, sir.

ts
posted 09-07-09 00:53 AM EDT (US)     38 / 57  
Lord Ember

And so, we're still standing.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 09-07-09 08:53 AM EDT (US)     39 / 57  
Lord Drake, day 21

Public Relations Officer: Why didn't we recruit a war machine today? Well, that's a good question.. We forg... eer... I mean... we don't need to spend any more money considering the weak enemy forces we are facing!
(at press conference)

ts
posted 09-07-09 10:34 PM EDT (US)     40 / 57  
Lord Ember

Hmm. What looked like a minor bump, a rag-tag collection of the old, slow and weak has turned into a serious roadblock.

A minor tactical withdrawal was in order, but not before we ripped a couple Enchantments off of those monster Heroes.

------------
Turn sent
------------

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09TRound1 Game8 Rocky (ZombieEater-Albinscott)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames