You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09TRound1 Game21 Color (Charx-Sapphoenix)
posted 08-23-09 08:35 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #21
Map: Colors of Black and White

------------------------------------------------------------
White Charx, charx at gmx.net
Black Sapphoenix, Sapphoenix at gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 09-03-2009 @ 11:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-29-09 00:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33  
-- Charx reported to be absent in August --

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-02-09 12:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 33  
White, day 1

Finally we chose a teleporter to take. The battle for the capital was a very close one, leaving 3 of my units with less than 2 HP...

ts
posted 09-03-09 11:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 33  
- Game restarted -

(Sounds like you're lucky here, Charx!
)

posted 09-05-09 07:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 33  
-- restart --

White, day 1

Lucky?? This time the battle went completely different, and we have only 2 units left... no comment...

ts
posted 09-06-09 10:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 33  
Black, Day 1

The shadow world is sickening us! I don't recall how we got here or what happened, but I'm determined to leave this accursed place.

Stepping into the nearest portal, I was transported along with a few of my loyal subjects into another location . . still we couldn't leave the shadow world! Making the best out of our misfortune, and also partly to vent our frustration, we attacked everything within our sight. Our rampage gained a little village & a recruitment site although the price to pay was high.

Sapphoenix is losing every single PBEM (almost!), but loving it!
posted 09-07-09 01:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33  
White, day 2

We play it safe now.

ts
posted 09-07-09 07:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33  
Black, Day 2

The debilitating shadow effects have finally claimed its victims causing some of our groggy warriors to fall (with plenty of luck from opposing archers! ) in two tough fights to gain some structures. All in all, the trade off was worth it although we freed some opposite alignment units, which is of no use to us so we fed them to the wolves!

posted 09-08-09 02:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33  
White, day 3

Still repairing whats lost on day 1. We recover slowly, but we recover!

ts
posted 09-08-09 10:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33  
Black, Day 3

Picking up the momentum, we recruited more useless mercenaries but fortunately we gained some useful resources as compensation. When are we ready to expand at this snail pace? When can we escape from the debilitating shadow effects?

posted 09-09-09 03:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 33  
White, day 4

Making some progress and proceeding carefully. We don't want any of our brethren die again...

ts
posted 09-09-09 10:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 33  
Black, Day 4

The shadow world is such a boring place! We only took a node. Still infused with plenty of energy, we craved for action . . fight . . conquer . . .

posted 09-10-09 05:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33  
White, day 5

Two battles won without losses. But in the first, i myself was going down to 3 hitpoints... puuh, that was close to death...

ts
posted 09-10-09 11:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33  
Black, Day 5

Day after day, the shadow effects are rotting into us all. We craved for the open air to escape these all. In desperation, we took another income structure . . but still no cave leading to the surface.

posted 09-11-09 02:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 33  
White, day 6

We make slow progress, but progress after all. But my unicorn seems to be blind, running around structures for free without noticing them...

ts
posted 09-11-09 04:08 AM EDT (US)     15 / 33  
Black, Day 6

We had almost given up hope on searching for the cave to the surface when our next few encounters showed a faint hint of fresh air on our cheeks! Summoning all our forces, we furiously swept through a node, a recruitment centre & an income structure consecutively without rest. The breath of fresh air infused everyone in our retinue the strength of a thousand angels.

posted 09-11-09 12:44 PM EDT (US)     16 / 33  
White, day 7

We are working hard and had a very productive day today.

ts

PS: Away until Sunday evening CET

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 09-12-2009 @ 04:26 AM).]

posted 09-12-09 06:04 AM EDT (US)     17 / 33  
Black, Day 7

Alas! Our hope was crushed when we moved nearer to the 'cave' because it is no cave at all. Furious, we conquered two income structures. The defending syrons were all defeated although their riders were lucky enough to kill two of our units with a single blow!

posted 09-13-09 02:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 33  
White, day 8

Just moving around...

ts
posted 09-13-09 10:35 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33  
Black, Day 8

A consolation to our loss yesterday, this morning an archon priest met me & offered her service to the draconians! I welcomed her gladly & immediately put her to my main army for I forsee her skills to be very complementary to our forces.

posted 09-14-09 02:34 AM EDT (US)     20 / 33  
White, day 9

We cleared a recruitment site and found some nice companions to hire.

ts
posted 09-14-09 10:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33  
Black, Day 9

Why are our mercenaries cursed? Another one-hit wonder from the defenders took our one of our minor units - just like that! *rants & raves*

Our forces cleared an ancient ruin & found a nice piece of equipment. Now, who wears the jewelry? Report of our scout stumbled upon a teleporter re-energised our hopes for jumping at Mr White unawares . . .

posted 09-15-09 02:23 AM EDT (US)     22 / 33  
White, day 10

We captured a node without losses.

ts
posted 09-15-09 04:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 33  
Black, Day 10

Our forward scout met its untimely demise after it stumbled into White's scout. We also caught a glimpse of White's territory. Now, the real battle begins . . .

posted 09-15-09 05:11 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33  
White, day 11

I am glad that my scout survived...

ts
posted 09-16-09 10:17 AM EDT (US)     25 / 33  
Black, Day 11

The scout must be crazy to have survived & jumped into our territory. I took the opportunity to train my bear to gold.

PS: I have moved this game back to my desktop computer. Please expect a restart message.

[This message has been edited by Sapphoenix (edited 09-16-2009 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 09-16-09 05:21 PM EDT (US)     26 / 33  
White, day 12

We don't hesitate to send out another scout. Maybe your bear is still hungry?

ts
posted 09-16-09 07:44 PM EDT (US)     27 / 33  
Black, Day 12

Actually my bear was still hungry, but it's passed meal time. I didn't want to mess up his feeding time.

Finally, White showed himself with his main forces *counts his units*. It will take more than a day to regroup my units to face him, however, so we decided to destroy the teleportal in case he thinks of harassing my pretty garden repeatedly.

PS: This is the second turn I took on my desktop computer. I don't know if it still generates a restart message but if it does, I explained myself.

posted 09-17-09 02:42 AM EDT (US)     28 / 33  
White, day 13

I am sorry to tell that Black and his bear are no more...

Good game Sapphoenix!

Well, of course i am happy to win this game, that was hard from day 1 (i lost the earth-elemental, 1 minotaur and 1 unicorn when attacking the draconian town). But i am not happy that it resultet in a misunderstanding of game-mechanics. The lesson i learnt today: Destroying a teleporter means that you can't go out, but anyone else can still come in...

I thought that Sapphoenix last post could be a bluff and sent a scout to test it. It died immediately, but it revealed that Black's gold-medalled earth-elemental and his leadership-III givin brain are not with the army that stood on the teleporter. But Black himself was with it, so i decided to attack with all i had, a bunch of lvl 3s and 2s, enchanted with shadowwalking and stone-skin.

I hope that i can sleep better now....
posted 09-17-09 02:54 AM EDT (US)     29 / 33  
Yeah, you have to teleport to the other side of the portal and then destroy it...

Spell check failed - not enough mana

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-17-2009 @ 02:56 AM).]

posted 09-17-09 03:16 AM EDT (US)     30 / 33  
Oh gosh!!! How stupid I am! But very funny.

Congratulations, Charx! You deserved the win. That was a fun game (except the shadow world I hate ). I have enjoyed it a lot. Now, if I get it right from Swolte, you stand a good chance to go into round 2 with a win.

CONGRATULATIONS, CHARX!!! Happy for you!

posted 09-17-09 09:47 AM EDT (US)     31 / 33  
TNS reporting from the scene where Charx just obtained a victory over Sapphoenix. Congratulations Charx, you seem to have a tough schedule, and so this win must come as a relief?

Sapphoenix, what happened? Could it be your sig is not intimidating enough?

posted 09-17-09 11:17 AM EDT (US)     32 / 33  
Of course its a relief. Now i have some realistic chances to make it to the 2nd round, which would be great! But i need one more opponent point, so all my best wishes go to Sapphoenix and i hope that she can manage to win both her other games

Referring to my tough schedule i would say that many players face one of that kind, which is because many of the so-called-newbies turned out to be very dangerous. In the end, the seeding for the 2nd round might become totally unimportant, as everyone of the 16 players will be hard to beat. So there is nothing to complain about...
posted 09-18-09 03:32 AM EDT (US)     33 / 33  
@Swolte: My sig is not meant to be intimidating, I'm just stating the fact unfortunately. You want to suggest something for me?

@Charx: Are you kidding, Charx! It's PAWEL & VOVY, you know!!! Both are champions! I stand no chance at all. My only salvation will be to survive as long as I can.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09TRound1 Game21 Color (Charx-Sapphoenix)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames