You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09TRound1 Game45 Mountain (Luke811-JamesEde)
posted 08-23-09 09:19 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #45
Map: Mountain of the Gods

------------------------------------------------------------
A'Shir Luke811, notmyrealmsn_1 at hotmail.com
Ne'khan JamesEde, jamieede at yorku.ca
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-29-09 01:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
Gather round now, cuz its storying time. And if we don’t practice the tell, we ain’t gonna remember where we been.

You all know the story, and it starts long ago. It’s a long story, and it ain’t quite done yet. Cuz we ain’t quite done yet ourselves. Some people move in and outta the tell, but the people’s always the same. Its us, the nomads. We ain’t always where we are now, but we came from along way away. The never-never land, can’t go back there. We done been all over, we have. Always been our people’s way to move, to find better places. But we ain’t no cowards, we all know that. Fact is, some our folk have tried the impossible and dared big-some dangers. Tonight’s story is one about a brave one of our chiefs, what tried to scale the mountain of the gods. Did he do it? Why you a-askin’ so soon? You’ll find out, you will, but you’s got to be patient. Tonight we’ll just get to know the man and how he came to be in such a place.

Ne-Khan, That was his name. He was born of the Khan, our greatest chief. Not direct, mind you, but down the line of parent-child. He was a born wanderer, seeking his fortune wherever he would. He hears about this mountain of the gods, a mountain so high it stretches right up to the heavens. He hears about the golden riches up there, and he makes up his mind to go see-looks up there that mountain. See what he can find, right? As all of us what gots heart would, cuz why not go for some glory and riches at the same time, no? Well, he gets together some of his followers, and he moves camp to the base of the mountain. And he’s a staring into those there tunnels, and, mind you, he’s a bit scared, cuz we people ain’t no under-dirt people like goblins nor dwarves. But he’s all set himself up to go when, zap! There’s a vision! A voice in his head. Spirit it was, all fearsome-like, and bloody. Tells him, no, commands him, to kill these priests a wandering the land.

Well, no sooner than Ne-Khan promises to obey, than his scouts turn up to say they seen some holy men in robes wandering about. No, our man, he’s no more a religious type than any other, but the fear of that vision of the war-spirit hardened his heart, and he went down and had those monks killed. Lo and behold, he returns to his horse, and he finds a horn, all hot to the touch and a-glowin’. Figures this was his reward, and sets it to his lips and sounds it. Gets all his men all riled up, like they was gonna fight him or some such, like a mutiny or something. Ne-Khan, he’s no fool, he sees the magic in that horn and he stows it away. He’s sure it will serve well on the days to come. And, yes, children, there are many more days in this story to tell. But not tonight, not tonight…

posted 08-30-09 02:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan of the nomads continues…

All right, you’ve waited a whole day, and now I expect you all wanna be hearing more of the tale I started last night. All done our chores are we? Animals bedded down? Tents cleaned? Everything ready to move out tomorrow? Good, then before we sleep I think a bit more of this 'tell' will be a good reward for a day of hard work out of all of ya.

You know, life on the move has its ups and downs, and its share of excitement, and its share of boredom. I don’t need to tell you that, I know, cuz we’ve all of us lived out our lives on the trails and its steeped in our blood, this way of life. Our man Ne-Khan had it no different. Days of battle were often followed by slower days of walkabout. Well, after his first day at the base of the Mountain of the Gods (remember that, it’s a real place I swear, I heard bout it from me elder), anyways, after his first day, our man he sends scouts ahead to examine the entrance to a big old cave at the base of the mountain. But they come back, right, with news of a different source. Seems there’s some interesting stuff in and around this here cave entrance, and Ne-Khan, hes gots to decide which way he’s a gonna follow. There’s some material hard by what could be used to spruce up his camp a fair bit, but there’s also a ruin of some sort of goblin sort, like as not to contain treasure, so that’s also tempting. But what our man needs more than anything right now is more troops, so when the scout reports sighting a critter den what likely have some friendly animal sorts to add to the ranks, he sets his war party out inna that direction.

And then what happened, you ask? Well, that’s it. They’s just rode toward it, and hadn’t reached it by nightfall when they made camp. Told you, sometimes life of nomads be pretty boring. They pitched tents and rested for the battle of next day. Always work to be done, not all things are glorious, bloody fighting. They bed down their camels and horses same as you done tonight. If you wanna hear more, get some sleep and come round the fire tomorrow, after we’ve made it to the market-town ahead. I know, I could tell more tonight, yes, yes. But there ain’t no need rushing this ‘tell’. Its got its own pace like a camel, and if it takes awhiles to get there, it gets there in the end. And that, my children, is all you need to think on tonight.

posted 09-01-09 00:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan continues…

A good day, eh? Made a lot of good trades. Well worth it, coming all the way to this market-town. Yes, yes, I know, day is done, chores are done, your bellies are full and the fire is warm. You want your ‘tell’ for the night, don’t ya? Gather round and we’ll hear more bout our man Ne-Khan.

Last time we checked, he had camped in sight of a beasty den. It was guarded by a right crazy assortment of baddos, but our man Ne-Khan weren’t a-scared. That morning he woke before his men and surveyed the lands. He had a sudden thought, what if there’s unfriendly people a-movin’ towards him? So he takes a party over to a nearby tower to take a see-looks. Funny thing is, this here tower’s got some men in it, and they start a-firing arrows down. Well, our man’s got some stout bangers with him, and they made short work outta those arrow-boys, wall or no wall.

Having spied out the lands in the cave, he turns back to the den, and sends in his best troops. Included in the attack was a courtesan. Now, Ne-Khan knows that a pretty face can lure even an enemy into one’s own camp. This here lovely, she done seduces a warrior as was sitting atop some great lizard thing, all the while Ne-Khan’s other troops were slaughterin’ his compatriots. Now he steers his lizard with the pack, and lends its strength to our man’s mission.

They take a look inna that den, and crikey if it ain’t full up with people, not animals at all. One of them steps forward, a tribesman from the jungle. Claims he can tame any animal. Well, Ne-Khan knows the perfect use for him. Takes him north with some of the lads, and they attack a bunch of animals what were guarding some building materials. True to his word, that tribesman enslaves a great big bear to fight for them. The resources are used to make a new training ground for the troops, so the army shall grow bigger and bigger.

Ne-Khan knows its been a good day, and takes an extra cup of wine before turning into his tent that night. And now, my children, I suggest you all do the same, for its many days on the road to the next town, and you’ll need all yer strength.

posted 09-01-09 11:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 43  
hehe my story starts and ends.

T.S.

What tastes like chicken? Precious ? Yes !
Chicken does, but so does turkey. It means they are all
against us, how else would explain such an inconsistency ?

You ,you're against me, at least I know that.

The universe smiles wicked, hungry smile at us, but through bars, mind you.
posted 09-03-09 00:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 43  

Cold night out here on the plains, eh kids. What’s that you got there? Ahh, some wheatberries, very tasty, I’m sure. Well, I suppose you all be wanting to hear the next bit of the story of Ne-Khan. Pull your blankets up and come closer to the fire. Like as not gonna get real frosty this night.

The great chief, he sees that there ruin his scouts spotted few days back. And even though he’s a-itchin’ to get into those caves, he knows that his army should clean up roundabouts the base camp firstwise. So he picks out his best warriors, led by his best man Stuart, and has ‘em ride up round that ruin. Sure enough, it ain’t abandoned. There’s treasure in there and some right nasty elves a-guardin it. All funny elves with green skin and white hair. I reckon they was darkelves, but the ‘tell’ don’t say for sure. Anyways, Stuart leads his fighters in there, and they disable half of ‘em, which buys enough time for the courtesan to seduce one of the better fighters amongst them elves. Aoi, but when she comes back, she’s all a feared and shakin’. Says he’s bound to her will, but he’s a cold and terrible elf. And to look at him, Stuart believes every last word of her. That elf done be all wrapped in shadows and almost ghost-like. Anyways, Stuart has the rest of them darkelves killed and they all round up the gold and treasure in the place. Finds a wand too, but its magic is the very same Stuart already knows. He ends up passing it on to our man hisself, so now they both be a working the death magic. Elsewhere, a rider camped at the critter den they done cleared last day hires another courtesan outta there. Don’t reckon I know why she was staying in filthy place such as that, but sure nuff she had her reasons. But she ain’t much being like Ne-Khan’s courtesan. She’s a fierce, vicious one with a whip to each hand. Says her ability to bring men to heel is unmatched, and our man Ne-Khan says ‘prove it’. He sends her on ahead to a campsite spotted on the horizon, along with some stout fellows.

Betcha ya’ll figure she brought out some sorta powerful fighter out of that camp to fight for the chief, right? We’ll keep yer bets wrote down, cuz ya’ll ain’t a gonna find out tonight. Off, off to bed witchya!

posted 09-03-09 11:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
Lost another 3 units which I could have prevented ,

tomorrow two new once will hopefully join for a pricy

posted 09-05-09 11:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
JamesEde, by chance I read in another game you're having a bit of a delay. Please post reminders in all threads, so its easier for me to keep track.

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-06-09 02:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 43  

Well, you all are round bouts the fire early tonite, aren’t ya? Are you sure you all done yer chores? If I find you ain’t you gonna catch it, surewise.

I know, yall anxious to know what was the outcome of that battle that our man Ne-Khan was a-fixin for when last I was givin’ the ‘tell’. Well, I wonder how many figured that that new courtesan seduced a right powerful soldier for our hero? Ya’ll be right. She was a powerful worker of her charms, and lo and behold, the camp turns out a-be filled with more of them darkelves. Well, that whip-wielding she-devil, she done seduced another one of them shades, while the rest of the crew piled up the carcasses of them drow fellas. Powerful creatures, they is, though what they be a thinkin’ to have their heads turned by a pretty lady is beyond my reckoning. They just don’t seem the type to be interested in that stuff. Well, whatever the reason, Ne-Khan and his troop is that much stronger now for havin’ this shade, and they put its services to right good effect, killing a couple of holy-types guarding a well.

But our man Ne-Khan goes up to have a drink, and what is he a-seein’? The water be right still and on it he starts to see far off wise, like a different place than the cave they be a standin in, and what should be reflected in that water. And that’s not all he sees. Strangers, bearing red flags and weapons o’ war. enemy, he figures, for the rumour of the power and wealth of this mountain done surely reached all over the lands. Now he knows it fer certain that there a be another contendin’ for this glory. Well, Ne-Khan ain’t gonna stand for no competition, so he tells his troops to sharpen their swords cuz they’s a going to go kill them intruders right quick-wise. What he don’t tell ‘em, however, is that he wonders that if he was able to see them by the well, how long was they a-lookin’ back at him and his doins?

And our man Ne-Khan goes to bed with a head full of worry and wonderin’. Now, whether yall be wonderin’ or worryin’ or simply gots heads full o’ air, its off to bed with the lot of you, and you’ll get more that ‘tell’ tomorrow-wise.

posted 09-06-09 09:02 AM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
Saw him exploring the campsite.
He got another units to his command :s

We're back in the game with our two victories today.
Tomorrow i'll let my army grow once again!

posted 09-07-09 01:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43  
When other are resting,
others are fighting...
lost of one unit and gaining some new will help me winning this war.

posted 09-08-09 04:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43  

Yes, come in, come in. We’ll have our fire inside the tent tonight, cuz its being so cold nowadays. Seasons changin’, fer sure, fer sure. Yes, I was just tellin’ the others here about the day that Ne-Khan the chief battled death. And won. Why don’t you join the others and I’ll begin again. No, we weren’t a-bein’ too far into the ‘tell’, but it would pay yerself handsome to be quicker about yer chores if you be all eager for these here stories.

Our man Ne-Khan hears tell his scouts reportin’ about a graveyard nearby. So he puts together a strong party under Stuart and sends ‘em out to see if there be any treasure roundabouts. Well, no sooner do they’s get into the middle of that graveyard than all horrors break loose upon them. Bodies start popping out of graves, all rotted and some no more than bones. But they’ve got themselves swords and a murderous look. Stuart knows that this place is the home of the Evil Dead, surewise. He hangs back from the battle cuz he’s a bit wounded, but sends in the strongest fighters. Then they all be a-hearin’ this cold laughter, right, and in the middle of all this mess this horrible sight appears. Great tall thing, like a person, but big, dark and cold. Draped in black robes, with horrible wings what like a bat coming outta its back, and a great scythe in its cold, bony hand. Where its face outta be, nothing but a skull, a-grinnin’ down. The warriors know this is being the face of death fer sure. And they’s just as certain that the only way out of such a nightmare is to put these souls down for sleeping again, and vanquish this dark spirit what is a-leadin’ ‘em.

Well, Ne-Khan picked the right crew to take on this trouble, cuz between his beholders and his pit guard, that foul death-spirit be all a-frozen the whole battle. The rest of that lot, skeletons and zombies don’t be a-posin’ too great a challenge, and after a surprisingly easy battle, the heroes are able to recover a fair bit o’ treasure and a new ring for Stuart from that grave. The money is instantly put to good use hiring a new soldier. And whaddya know, but the beholders, a bear and a bookish dwarf-fella, they be a-itchin for a new fight, they moves on to a relay just what’s south of thar and kill some priestly type a guardin it. Ne-Khan orders the troops to form up for tomorrow’s challenges before striking camp for the night. His troops done earned there rest.

And so have I, so if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to my tent now. You can learn some more tomorrow. May the spirits guard you, good night.

posted 09-10-09 10:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
ts

posted 09-12-09 05:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
restart message , don't know why...
maybe I saved it twice? or something
had 7 PBEMS which contained some big ones
so was little bit busy, but no idea what caused the restart.

posted 09-13-09 01:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 43  

Hoy, hoy. There’ ain’t a-goin’ to be no story-tell tonight, by gar. No, not a word after that disgraceful display. Imagine, the first time we be a-runnin’ into our fellow tribespeople in 4 moons, and y’all have to be a-carrying on like that? Downright ashamed I being, no mistake. I don’t care if theys other kids done started it, you don’t go carrying on round their chief like that. No respect, I tells ya. Now get ya going, and I don’t be caring too much where you be a-going.

What, yall still here? OK fine, I’ll give yer wee minds a little fer to be chewin’ on in your blankets tonight, but no more. Our man Ne-Khan was in that mountain caves almost 10 days when he formulates hisself a great big brain-cracker of a plan. He’s gonna have help, right, from a few new hunters he recruited, one as can seduce the weaker sex, one as can dominate animals, and one as can just whallop the tar outta anybodies. Ya’ll be findin’ out more another night, though, so now, I mean it this time, skedaddle ya off!

posted 09-13-09 01:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
Forgot to mention that I accidentally opened up your turn by mistake. It was your last turn, not this one I'm sending on to you. Don't know if it will generate a restart or not. I never looked at the map, but closed the program with the Ashir, its your turn picture. You should password protect your turns, even just for the tournament, make it impossible for this kind of thing to happen.

james.

posted 09-13-09 07:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 43  
hehe i think of protecting all games but forget it a lot ...

Euhm other restart message , game crashed becus someone said something to me on facebook pretty strange :s

posted 09-13-09 10:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
Can one of you two do me a favor and let me know what turn it is... I'm guessing turn 9 or 10.. thx
posted 09-14-09 00:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 43  
Days of the story, thats being a big problem, cuz us nomads don't be a-thinkin' in terms of days. We's just do the 'tell' as it be a-happenin'.

Sorry, my story telling hasn't incoporated a day count. Its day 10.

james.

posted 09-15-09 01:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
jeeej i bought another unit...
Money is zero now...

in both PBEMS birds are being hatefull..
I really hate them.. hate hate hate..

euhm moral problems XD
let's see maybe i'll keep my army XD

posted 09-16-09 01:00 AM EDT (US)     20 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan continues… (day 11)

What, yer being back again, ares ya? What for you be a-wantin’ more stories now. You know, I’m getting old now, and I be plenty busy, mind, and I don’t have the energy to be a storying every night, now. Why don’t ya give an old woman a rest fer once.

Oh, come back now, don’t ya be leavin’ with such a long face now. I’ll tell ya a bits about what our man Ne-Khan done having done these past days. His time in the caves of this mountain be reckoning up to bout 10 days now, an that being a longish time to be down in dirt. But he’s a findin’ things down there, items and such of different sorts of power, and many new followers to help him in his quest. An he be a seeing blood from his enemy. For some other power done ordered a magic bird our man done sent over the waters to be killed. So Ne-Khan has lost first blood, but he’s a-vowin’ it won’t be the lastwise. Sets his sight on a few more targets, then he’s beds down fer the night. And a tired one he is, so very tired…

posted 09-17-09 02:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan continues... (Day 12)

Well, yes, be yerself comin' in now. Yes, come inna tha tent. I know, I know, I was none too being polite the other night. Gots to know I was just tired, ya do. Yah, I wouldn't give the 'tell' every night iffin' I didn't enjoy it somewise myself. Yes, let's gather round the fire (gar, still cold nuff, ain't it?) and have another listen.

Well, our man Ne-Khan senses trouble inna air. He thinks that since that there other fella done killed so many his bird-scouts, that there other fella done got some plan to be a-invadin'. But Ne-Khan, he ain't no slow sort, and he has hisself a good thinkin', comes up with a plan he does. Right quickwise. But he decides to keep it all hushy-secretish. So that being the last yous gonna hear bout from me. Other than that, he's having hisself a right good day, with seductions of powerful units, plenty of the yellow stuff to pay his warriors, and an all-round biggish band o' followers to defend his side o' those caves. Yes'em, this be some kinda high point for our man. Will things continue gettin' better-wise, or is things headed for a steep fall-dropping?

Yall ain't gonna find out tomorrow, but you'll get a step closer to the end, ya will. Spirits guard ya inna yer sleep.

posted 09-17-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
ofcourse 10% moral chance and my army leaves me in one turn... lol this game sucks ***

posted 09-18-09 02:47 AM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
TS day 12, log later.

posted 09-18-09 01:33 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
ts logging now

posted 09-18-09 02:55 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan continues (Day 12)

Har, yes, finally starting to warm up something. Good to have come down outta them mountains, yes? Long trek this, and no market-towns for many days now. Good thing we's being nomad. I think any other race woulda dropped by-and-by, but we's can move the distance, by gar.

Tonight's being big sorry 'tell', big sad storying. Our man Ne-Khan went to sleep dreaming of glory, but the next day he done met with tragedy something fierce-wise. Day starts off well enough. Messengers come by the main camp saying how one of the war bands killed some spiders what was guarding a house. Inside was a winged seductress type, being called succubi, methinks. Signed her up and she done fight with our man now.

The bird-scout Ne-Khan done sent inna the red territory is making good with some economic sabotage. Rumours come in that that red feller be havin' morale problems, so our man is hoping that a bit less of the yellow stuff will encourage more desertions.

But the next battle don't be going so good for Ne-Khan. A fierce bunch of them bloody-handed darkelves guarding a war-quest stone, and they done kill Stuart, Ne-Khan's righthand warchief.

Now our man is all a-filled with grief. The war spirit, he's all commandin' "Kill these infidels", and to vent his rage, the great chief sends out a war party that very day. Little it does to be a-endin' his grief to have all that blood spilled, but his reward from the war spirit offers a terrible chance. He be gettin' a spell of some powerful dark majiks, ability to raise dead heroes. Our man is torn, for Stuart was not just being a great warrior, but was also our man's friend. Will it be right with the spirits to call him back as some sort of half damned zombie-thing? Or should he let the dead rest in the halls of their ancestors? He don't settle that question that night, as he don't be having the magical power for such a spell right aways.

Our great chief be a-goin' to his tent with heavy heart and heavy mind. I know, I know, it ain't as fun a story tonight as other nights, but that's the way of the world-wheel. It done go up, and it done gotta come down sometime. Come by again tomorrow and we'll see if things don't be a-lookin' up for our man Ne-Khan.

posted 09-20-09 11:08 PM EDT (US)     26 / 43  
- Tournament reminder for Luke811 -

posted 09-21-09 00:05 AM EDT (US)     27 / 43  
I should point out that Luke has played, but forgotten to log turn 13. I have also played turn 13 today, but have not logged yet, on account of this burden I have taken to write stories for each log. So the delay is not as great as it seems.

james.

posted 09-21-09 00:29 AM EDT (US)     28 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan continues... (Day 13)

Being thankful, I am, for this gift. Mint tea will be very much appreciated on the long nights on the trail. Sometimes I wonder if I am too old to be a-journeyin' the caravans no more. But I done lived me life in the wagons, and I don't be a-seein' no reason to go all quit on it now.

Well, where did we leave off? Ahh yes, our man Ne-Khan be all inna mourning over the loss o' his friend Stuart. It may be that this great big-some sadness done unhinged his thinkin, for the next day, dontcha know, he be a-sendin' his hunters out to battle this fortress, and without having the proper support, not the numbers at all. They done lose several units to enemy darkelves, and Ne-Khan shudders atta each one, knowing their value as warriors. But the new recruits that done came outta that dungeon made up somewhat fer the loss. Elsewhere, he finds his bird being all over mischief for those red troops. He may have to delay things a tiny bit, but he's dead straight he's gonna be winning these lands inna end.

posted 09-21-09 10:48 AM EDT (US)     29 / 43  
bump , saw the turn yesterday but had no time to play it.
Did like 4 turns with the other one that day than 5 games just bump in my mailbox pretty late so ...
I choose some quick played turn to play

ts in 30 mins

posted 09-22-09 12:12 PM EDT (US)     30 / 43  
Gonna need a resend, cuz the email for last turn was all screwy. Had the same size as a turn, but no attachment and a whole bunch of code-gobbledegook at the bottom.

james.

posted 09-22-09 04:56 PM EDT (US)     31 / 43  
Sended

Won't be able to play every day
I have an exchange student for a week soo
But i'll do my best to play as many turns as possible

posted 09-23-09 09:02 PM EDT (US)     32 / 43  
Email still messed up. Try sending to jamieede@gmail.com instead. If not, may have to try sending it through a third party.

james.

posted 09-24-09 12:05 PM EDT (US)     33 / 43  
tryed it

posted 09-25-09 02:25 AM EDT (US)     34 / 43  
TS, log later.

posted 09-26-09 03:35 AM EDT (US)     35 / 43  
ts we are dead

posted 09-27-09 01:44 AM EDT (US)     36 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan of the nomads continues... (Day 14-15)

Har, yes its being awhiles since I done give you the 'tell'. Yah, well, that's the thing see, we's all being very busy-like, non? But tonight I be a-tellin' ya of two mighty days inna life o' our man Ne-Khan, eh? Sit, sit. No, didn't being light me no fire tonight, warm nuff, methinks.

So where were's we? Ahh yes, our man, done lost inna grief over his friend Stuart and the many strong warriors he done be a-seein' go to earth in the past few days. He decides to be a-playin' tings a bit more careful-wise. He has his boat all lined up fer invadin', but he holds off, see. Gonna wait till all his hunters done lined up to get therselves over inna one day. Figures its better that way. But that don't stop Ne-Khan from orderin' all sorts of harassment down on any as straggle on the red side. Takes out some decent hunters o' the enemy what got separated from their army. He also being ordering the seduction of all these here gobbos he finds up ahead in the caves. Needs to be keeping some big army to make up fer the loss o' those many fighters. He goes to sleep, an at the both times he's a thanking the Spirits for their fortune and a-prayin' to 'em for to keep it up.

There, a right good tell. Now off ya, to yer beds, an' I promise to try to tell ya's a story tomorrow-wise, fer sure.

posted 09-27-09 06:43 AM EDT (US)     37 / 43  
Ne'khan, the Gipsy.
Killed my tree which I blew life inside..
He killed my creation so he killed a piece of me..
My power ain't growing, but there is hope.
We wait on the enemy maybe they come close?
Maybe they'll send a fantail to scout the caves of the Draconians.
We are not sure but we think he'll come closer and closer .. But he'll be carefull.

" Oooh great A'shir, I've been crystal gazing in my globe.
I see the world, the globe in my globe. No human, no demon, no creature , no Draconians, ... , nothing ! "

Said the oldest elders against me.
Maybe war isn't the solution maybe we can't win it.

Or maybe we need to get some new elders?

ts

posted 09-28-09 05:37 PM EDT (US)     38 / 43  
TS log later

posted 09-29-09 12:52 PM EDT (US)     39 / 43  
The tale of Ne-Khan continues... (Day 16)

There, you be all a-tyin' it wrong. The way you go about knotting a bridle is such-wise. Now, you be a-seein' how its done? Good, don't let none ever be a-sayin' that old Granny Yaga never done teach nothin'.

Oh, hello there. Didn't see yall come in. I was just a-showin' young Birnay here how to tie a bridle for his camel. Ahh yes, where were we with the 'tell'? Ne-Khan was havin' his warriors wait onna other side of the river, afore they done being invading that there red fella's lands.

Well, guess what he did? He done invaded those lands! He done landed some big-some pack onna those lands. He finds those red folks a-holed up inna tower. So he goes and he picks out his best warriors, sends two packs of 'em gainst the tower. He done picked some good warriors for that, let me be a-tellin' you, cuz as the battle is settling, he finds only a small 4 of his tribe done fell, while almost two full packs of the enemy gone to earth. Many, many good-some weapons and items left onna ground from them thar dragon-man and dwarf hero. His finest warriors pick them up and they being all that much stronger-wise, dont ya know. They done take a market, and the gold begin to pour in. The spirits of those warriors be a-runnin' high, but our man he holds 'em together and tells 'em all cautious-wise to be a-playin' it safe. Stick together as one big-some group. Don't go all crazy over loot. They done gonna take these caves from those reds piece by piece, and do it all proper-wise, to achieve some lasting victory. No need for any nasty surprises to pop outta these here caves. No, by gar!

posted 09-30-09 07:22 AM EDT (US)     40 / 43  
"No surprise waiting on the enemy, everything is dead.
Kill me or I surrender and flee away from this country
and may bugg you again ! "

ts

posted 09-30-09 10:58 PM EDT (US)     41 / 43  
--------------------

This game will be officially closed once JamesEde has played his turn. JamesEde, please send the turn (+ password) you have just played to me, asap.

Also, if any of you wish to give up, please let me know as this will save the judges time.

You are welcome to finish this game by yourselves, though, but no turns played after this post will be valid for tournament purposes.

Thanks!

posted 10-01-09 02:36 AM EDT (US)     42 / 43  
final turn played and sent to swolte. will write up a final log ASAP.

james.

posted 10-01-09 11:15 PM EDT (US)     43 / 43  
All judges have evaluated this game and decided that JamesEde is the winner.

0 (Luke811) - 3 (JamesEde)

Congratulations to JamesEde.

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 10-01-2009 @ 11:54 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09TRound1 Game45 Mountain (Luke811-JamesEde)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames