You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09Round2 Game51 BH&GF's War (Morgul666 - Oleg123)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-04-09 09:56 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 2
Game ID: #51
Map: Blackheart and Goodfella's War

------------------------------------------------------------
Blackheart Morgul666, kimmuriel at gmx.de
Goodfella Oleg123, oleg1996 at yahoo.com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 10-29-09 02:07 PM EDT (US)     41 / 56  
ts

Water-walking veteran Executioner shown in the waves, nice... In case if you wandered, if I can dispell - I can, too.

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 10-29-09 02:30 PM EDT (US)     42 / 56  
hehe, I just wanted to comment something similar but you were faster

Blackman,

well, Goodfella showed us a clear sign of what strength is left in him - his magic.
This makes it pretty clear that we have to be careful with our strategy.
Why taking risks... well, weīre Pirates after all but why should pirates always act silly?

TS

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
posted 10-29-09 04:04 PM EDT (US)     43 / 56  
Feel the city breakin'
And ev'rybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Life goin' nowhere.
Somebody help me.
Somebody help me, yeah.
Life goin' nowhere.
Somebody help me, yeah.
Stayin' alive

ts

posted 10-30-09 11:35 AM EDT (US)     44 / 56  
Damn! Still 4 Kobolds left...
Will it be enough?
I donīt (hope) think so ...

TS

posted 10-30-09 12:26 PM EDT (US)     45 / 56  
I am away from home so I have not received / played the turn. I wonder if you had to try and dispell every hex in vicinity to bust the Kobolds and if it was the way Dahl was spotted, too...

posted 10-30-09 02:00 PM EDT (US)     46 / 56  
? ... The Kobolts were easily spotted with just moving Blackheart out of town in direction of your Air-elemental (I actually expected to see more units coming from the magic catalyst but seeing your 6 Kobolts hiding in the corner also proofed my suspicion to be right...
And Dahl was also easy to spot - I did not want to share any useful information with you until the game is over but did you know that a hidden unit become visible if you have either true seeing or if you step one hex beside it?
(at this point of time I think (hope) I can share that info without endangering that it will break my neck...)
Dahl was spotted because you made a critical mistake - you placed it directly beside the rec.site where I wanted to recruit anyway so I saw him...
I donīt think that trying to cast a spell on each single hex would work though

posted 10-30-09 04:29 PM EDT (US)     47 / 56  
I never payed enough attention to notice that Blackheart has True Sight. Poor Dahl, he was some 20 gold short of buying that ship, o/w he would get away. And I should have casted Haste Domain, then my Cyclops and Gobbon hero would be able to cross the mountains in one turn.
Well, the show must go on for a few turns more, but I am still away of my computer, see you next time...

ts, thanks for your kind comments in other threads

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 10-31-2009 @ 11:19 AM).]

posted 10-31-09 02:17 PM EDT (US)     48 / 56  
I never payed enough attention to notice that Blackheart has True Sight
he does not have...
but Mountains are no dense vegetation so units are not concealed

Blackheart, day 20 or so

moving, preparing, taking some goodies...nothing special

TS

posted 10-31-09 04:10 PM EDT (US)     49 / 56  
Damn! Still 4 Kobolds left...
Will it be enough?
I donīt (hope) think so ...
Well, they were not enough, not with two Bats and two Air Elementals, all but one AE under Halo, and Kobols stone-skinned against Warlord, Catapult, four Pirates, two Slithers and two lvl1 more. I dispelled enchanted weapon from some 5 troops of those who had it casted on, yet the battle went wrong. In approximete simulations, I guess it showed some 15% of my success. In the show time, it went a very, very bad way, and Warlord, Blackheart, Slither and two pirates survived.

My last puny troops are no match to yours, most of my structures sold out and I believe your surface tower will be ready sooner than I will ever have a chance for anything at all.

Good game & see you next time!

[Edit] and I still do not get how the Kobolds revealed themselves, they feature Underground Concealment. In my tests, they stayed invisible for regular Blackheart's troops.

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 10-31-2009 @ 04:12 PM).]

posted 10-31-09 05:48 PM EDT (US)     50 / 56  
well, I can only repeat what I already wrote... Concealment does not work on mountains.
You need to look out for "dense vegetation".
I simply saw your 4 kobolts standing in the corner of the mountains when I went with Blackheart to the border of the mountains (Blackheart himself doesnīt have mountaineering so but he has vision 1 and thus he saw them)

So can I interpret your writing and your not-sending-on-of-your-turn as a capitulation?

[This message has been edited by morgul666 (edited 10-31-2009 @ 05:49 PM).]

posted 10-31-09 06:12 PM EDT (US)     51 / 56  
Underground Concealment doesn't need Dense Vegetation. It works on the Underground and Shadow World levels, on the following terrains: Dirt, Beach, Swamp, Ice, Lava, Shadow Land and Shadow Water.

The underground mountains on this map are mostly Grass and Wasteland, so Underground Concealment doesn't work on them.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 10-31-09 06:52 PM EDT (US)     52 / 56  
So can I interpret your writing and your not-sending-on-of-your-turn as a capitulation?
Yes, you can.

Pawel, thank you for the clarification.

posted 10-31-09 11:18 PM EDT (US)     53 / 56  
Ladies and gentlemen, TNS live at the scene where Morgul666 defeated Oleg123! Morgul666, congratulations with your victory and on reaching the next round. What gave you the edge, do you think? Do you have a preference for JamesEde or Smuki as an opponent?

Oleg123, we are sorry to see you go. You have definitely left a big impression in the tournament. The polls called this a very close match, do you feel it was a close match?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 10-31-2009 @ 11:25 PM).]

posted 11-01-09 01:38 AM EDT (US)     54 / 56  
Well, it was a close match ta least in the beginning
Then risks I took on the surface got me into troubles, and it was downhill road since then.

posted 11-01-09 03:43 AM EDT (US)     55 / 56  
thanks Oleg for this game!
With all sincerity I can say you are a tough opponent never to be underestimated!
Of course, after losing your most important units, nobody will be able to turn the tables without a miracle.
You made clever movements throughout the game and had it not been for the few mistakes (vital mistakes...) you made, I think I wouldnīt have hadd a chance.
Especially given the poor share of luck in this game (I already meantioned in another thread - Fortuna was not on my side regarding distribution of goodies... the guard-units were either crap or evil/pure good aligned so I could almost only rely on my swashbucklers and generals.
Well - thank the heavens I had at least the Dispel Magic spell - the key to success in that game.

Thanks Swolte, well - I guess, the clear breaking point was, when I discovered the invisible Dahl standing right next to the recruitment site beside my starting town.
I bought the galleon and brought him down together with one Swashbuckler.
That guy held many powerful artifacts. No doubt, he alone could have wreaked terrible havoc on the surface especially with the invisibility artifact (If I think about this scenario I still start to shiver...).
He then made two more disastrous mistakes in the caverns to take the one town in the northwest that I took on day 5 and lost two more generals in the process.
Then one more and then it was pretty clear, that the game was over for him.

My preference for the next round? none.
Iīm the underdog anyhow
Iīve never played with/against Jamesede and only a few turns with Smuki so Iīd say I rather concentrate on my own playing
Iīm happy to have made it at least so far. One more round would be nice but itīs already a success for me - for remember who was defeated by Oleg in round one...
It was a guy with quite some reputation

posted 11-01-09 04:40 AM EDT (US)     56 / 56  
Morgul, thank you for the game and for your kind words!
I mean, you burried my chances to ever surprise anyone underestimating me again, but I it made me feel much better while tasting the cranberries of defeat

I absolutely disagree that you would stand not a chance even if some of my ideas worked, actually, even if in the end I were able to assisinate your Wizard in the only tower, it would be the first time I would agree that the word "anti-climatic" suits such a case, because you absolutely deserved the victory in this game.

See you in some other PBEM, one day!

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 11-01-2009 @ 04:46 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09Round2 Game51 BH&GF's War (Morgul666 - Oleg123)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames