You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Valley of Flowers (JWorth vs. Outlier)
posted 04-19-03 02:06 AM EDT (US)   
Valley of Flowers, tournament version

Merdoc, halflings -- JWorth: jay at immaterial dot net
Ellendra, halflings -- Outlier: outlier@hyperhub.net

House rules, played blind -- shall we also play with a ban on summon hero?

Replies:
posted 04-19-03 02:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Merdoc, turn 1.

Hmm...lots of possible directions here. We make some choices.

Exploring, etc...

Turn sent.

posted 04-20-03 00:46 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Ellendra Day 1:

A lovely morning as Ellendra strolls out of her capital city and survey the surroundings. Sent some units to capture some resources and also took care of some nasty lizards along the way.

Turn sent.

posted 04-20-03 01:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Merdoc, turn 2.

More exploring, some fighting.

My scouts do some quick calculations, and realize that in this constricted kingdom we may encounter our foe rather soon ...

Turn sent.

-- JWorth

posted 04-21-03 11:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
Ellendra Day 2:

Continuing exploration and found some much needed gold and mana. Slained some draconian thugs that are pestering an ancient ground and we were rewarded with a nice mace.

As the wind chills through her bones, Ellendra felt that enemy foes may indeed be not far away ... preparing troops as such to meet this eventuality ...

Turn sent.

posted 04-22-03 01:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Merdoc, turn 3.

Deep in my secret lab, I'm hard at work developing halflings with legs as long as humans. If they work to specifications, they might even be able to outpace these pony riders that pass themselves off as shock troops. While the research looks promising, for the moment I guess I'll have to make do with the followers I have. My only consolation is the thought that my opponent faces the same limitations...

Back in the valley, more marching and exploring, found same badly needed caches of gold and mana (I wonder who left them behind?). Looks there'll be some fights over the next couple of days.

Turn sent.

posted 04-22-03 01:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
Ellendra Day 3:

Ellendra further planned her troop movements while scouts continued to find more gold and mana pieces. Chris also learned a new skill!

Meanwhile, one scout spotted a watchtower with unfriendly guards; wonder what lies beyond ...

Turn sent.

posted 04-22-03 11:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
Merdoc, turn 4.

More marching across this endless meadow. I never thought I'd say this, but my halflings are growing tired of flowers , though they're enjoying all the loot.

In the distance, one of my scouts has spotted a guarded tower...

Turn sent.

-- JWorth

posted 04-23-03 12:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Ellendra Day 4:

A joyous day as Winger has joined Ellendra. Surely our nemesis would not have a chance now!

Took care of the watchtower guards easily and finally had a view of the other side! There seems to be more guards on two bridges though ...

Meanwhile, spotted more nasties guarding different resources. Hmmm, just have to deal with these matters another day ...

Turn sent.

posted 04-23-03 02:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Merdoc, day 5.

Hmm...it seems our rival is moving quickly -- I'll have to pick up the pace...

In some more cheering news, Lennert is growing wiser and stronger daily, and some dwarves have joined our cause.

Turn sent.

posted 04-25-03 11:40 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Ellendra Day 5:

Hearing the opponent's footstep nearby, Ellendra decided to put on the cone of silence ... Marching and fighting ...

Turn sent.

posted 04-26-03 01:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
Merdoc, day 6.

So, the vanguard of Ellendra's army is in sight. Internal security measures are being implemented...

Elsewhere, more marching, more fighting. Agent 99 joins our cause, a welcome addition .

Turn sent.

posted 04-28-03 08:04 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
Ellendra Day 6:

After a brief and relaxing vacation near the seashore, Ellendra figured that it would be a good day to explore more enemy territories. She sent Winger and some help to recover a magic catalyst nearby and Winger came away much wiser and hardly even sweated.

With the additional magical prowess, Ellendra decided to stroll across the bridge with Chris and company. She first sent a just-finished ultra-modified lizard to scout the opponent. To her amazement, Merdoc is alone in his capital! Ellendra can't resist such an opportunity ... she quickly conjured an energetic dancer, blessed its existence, and then sent this genetically modified long-legged creature to join his lab cousin ... Without any army support, Merdoc the Infamous was easily defeated!

Turn sent (as a formality).

posted 04-28-03 09:05 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Ouch! Nicely done, Outlier. I'd thought that I was still a turn or so away from having to worry about direct attack...ah, well, live and learn.

I'll go report the results. Oh, and sure, I'd be happy to playtest your map. Send it along when it's ready.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Valley of Flowers (JWorth vs. Outlier)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames