You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Valley of Flowers (Outlier,Waterfly)
posted 06-07-03 01:47 AM EDT (US)   
This is a WL game using the tournament version of Valley of Flowers (Halflings vs Halflings). The game was setup by TalonThorn (TT) and the sides were chosen by TT as well.

Merdoc: Outlier (outlier at hyperhub dot net)
Ellendra: waterfly (torsten dot staedler at t-online dot de)

Replies:
posted 06-07-03 01:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Merdoc Day 1:

Waking up this beautiful morning brought a strange sensation to Merdoc. There seems to be a sense of deja vu in this land and the sense that Merdoc has been reincarnated from a before-life of Ellendra! Weird feeling indeed ...

Merdoc shook off the strange feeling and started to plan right away to re-unite this lovely valley of flowers under one roof. How dare the fair Ellendra, a human at that, command the allegiance of us smarter halflings! Things have to change ...

Without further due, units were sent to combat some nasty lizards and some resources were captured for the betterment of this lovely land.

Turn sent.

ps. Please send your turn to the email address above instead of the yahoo one that TT setup. I only check the yahoo account once in a while.

posted 06-08-03 10:16 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Day 1: Ellendra
We had a real deja vue, as Ellendra is incarnating a third time to duel on this position in the WL series. (Actually I never had the pleasure to play as Merdoc yet.)
If this is good or bad, we dont know - a feeling of routine could provide a false security against an ingenious opponent as Outlier could well be, with his immaculate record ...

We loose some troops on the move and go for the next target - business as planned.

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)
posted 06-09-03 09:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Merdoc Day 2:

Casualties of war are a fact of life ... Merdoc is fully aware of this as he prepares his troop at all fronts. Otherwise just gathering more resources in preparation for an imminent war of attrition.

Turn sent.

posted 06-10-03 04:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Day 2: Ellendra
Approaching some dangerous battles....

posted 06-10-03 07:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Merdoc Day 3:

"A good day for battle ... one down and many more to come. Keep your spirit up and always be on the lookout for any unfriendlies ...", Merdoc calmly preaches to his troops as the stars appear to brighten the night sky ...

Turn sent.

posted 06-10-03 09:13 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Day 3: Ellendra
Unexpectedly fierce resistance was met!

posted 06-11-03 07:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
Merdoc Day 4

An uneventful day as Merdoc rallied the troops once more at sundown. Meanwhile, Lennart yearns in the background and itches for some action tomorrow ...

Turn sent.

posted 06-11-03 10:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Day 4: Ellendra
Many events unfold, but we dont comment yet ....

posted 06-11-03 12:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Merdoc Day 5:

Merdoc woke up and feeling extra fresh from the scouting report that his reputation has become powerful overnight. With the added confidence, Merdoc and company defeated the bridge guards ... then Merdoc conjured up an energetic dancer and send it to spy on Ellendra's activities. Lo and behold, she is alone at the capital with no defences! Remembering his past-life experience as Ellendra, Merdoc sent Lennart and company to captured a magic catalyst and conjured up two more energic dancers. Ellendra didn't have a chance against three of those long-legged killing machines ... So this Valley of Flowers has finally be reunited (again).

Turn sent (as a formality).

Waterfly, thanks for the game. I'll let you review the turn and then report the results.

Outlier out ...

posted 06-11-03 12:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
Day 5: Ellendra
Great move, Outlier! You caught me unawares that this is possible .
I had difficulties anyway from loosing my hero on turn 3, so I guess you would have won even without the magic trick!

thx for the lesson

If possible for you I'd like a rematch after you started the tourney switching sides

posted 06-11-03 01:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
... I think Outlier should be declared off-limits on this map (well, maybe on all maps, but who knows?) --

I got knocked out by Outlier, by exactly the same attack, on exactly the same turn (well, actually, I may have lasted a whole turn longer...), on this very same map.

Feeling a little less sheepish about it now -- at least I have illustrious company .

(edited to remove shameless hijacking of the thread ).

[This message has been edited by JWorth (edited 06-11-2003 @ 08:03 PM).]

posted 06-11-03 09:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  

Quoted from waterfly:

If possible for you I'd like a rematch after you started the tourney switching sides

Are you sure that you want to split your concentration during the tourney? I guess you would like to try as Merdoc for at least once ... BTW, I guess I'll go report the results so the standings won't get mixed up, just in case.

Quoted from JWorth:

... I think Outlier should be declared off-limits on this map (well, maybe on all maps, but who knows?)

Hey, I'm still learning too! You should see my King Roderick gotten beaten up by the Shadowgod (Adolf13) in my Fight for Light game ...

Quoted from JWorth:

I got knocked out by Outlier, by exactly the same attack, on exactly the same turn (well, actually, I may have lasted a whole turn longer...), on this very same map.

Yes, it was a 'similar' tactic ... I'm no longer playing blind so it got 'optimized' by one turn.

Outlier out ...

posted 06-12-03 02:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  

Quoted from Outlier:

Yes, it was a 'similar' tactic ... I'm no longer playing blind so it got 'optimized' by one turn

You have done well, Outlier. I am sure I am going to have a fun time when you get around to challenging me for the title. Unless, of course, a vicious Waterfly comes after you first.

Well done... with the rise of all these new clever AoW II players, the old vets like Waterfly and me are going to have a more challenging time beating you all down with our canes.

It is a pity with the double tournament coming up. We could have played a game together (err... murdered each other). Which reminds me that I am going to start my non-ladder game with Gryning this weekend. It should be interesting. Although...if my grandpa passes away (he is very ill)... **sniffle** that will throw everything amuck.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius
Email at: Tekkaman_Zero@hotmail.com 124881677
posted 06-12-03 03:57 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
thx for the reporting Outlier! Its better to have this done by the victor

Yes, maybe we wait how the tourney progresses and take our time and full concentration. Although it would be quite spectacular, I somehow doubt the same trick works twice, although with it the map could become kind of a betting game like "paper, stone, scissor"....
OK, lets wait a while.
We might also consider a more epic map like Grimstone...

posted 06-12-03 11:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
Good moves Outlier!

I'll see if I can modify a bit to make these early rushes more difficult (more defenders on the catalysts, or place them farther away..). Tekk had a small campsite issue on Danny's Sock as well..

probably the weekend..

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 06-12-03 11:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16  

Quoted from Tekk Zero:

I am sure I am going to have a fun time when you get around to challenging me for the title.

Well, I'm really a 'mild-mannered' person ... I don't know if I'd like to 'challenge' anyone, all my WL games have been by 'invitation' only. Besides, if I should beat the WL champion, I will be obligated to accept up to five challenges at a time! Then I definitely will not be able to dodge waterfly and all others ...

Quoted from Tekk Zero:

Although...if my grandpa passes away (he is very ill)... **sniffle** that will throw everything amuck.

All the best for you and your family ... Family should always come first!

Quoted from waterfly:

I somehow doubt the same trick works twice, although with it the map could become kind of a betting
game like "paper, stone, scissor"....

I don't think it would work on you twice ... but then if it's like a betting game ... Well, you have lots of time to think of a possible 'defence' ...

Quoted from waterfly:

We might also consider a more epic map like Grimstone...

I'm always open to something new!

Outlier out ...

Edit: I see swolte just beat me to a post ...

Quoted from swolte:

I'll see if I can modify a bit to make these early rushes more difficult (more defenders on the catalysts, or place them farther away..).

Perhaps heavier guards at the watchtower and bridge as well ... Actually, there are other exploits ... but if I'm getting a rematch ...

[This message has been edited by Outlier (edited 06-12-2003 @ 11:26 AM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Valley of Flowers (Outlier,Waterfly)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames