posted 08-13-09 08:25 PM EDT (US)   
Setting your password for a PBEM game can be a bit counter-intuitive, so I've written a guide here. The most important thing is that you can ONLY set your password for that turn WHEN YOU ARE INGAME. You will have to remember to do it then!

So, suppose you have opened your first turn. To set your password for that particular game, click the [Game Option] icon. This is the icon in the bottom right shown in the picture.

Next, click [Gameplay] settings. A screen will come up that will allow you to set your password.
Click [Change] to set or change your password. You will need to confirm this once (make sure CAPS LOCK is off...).

Congratulations, your password is now set! The next time you will receive a turn, it will first ask you for your password before you can open it.

IMPORTANT TIPS:
# PLEASE SEND YOUR PASSWORD TO A PASSWORD KEEPER!
These are trusted members of the community. You can find the current keepers in this thread.
# PLEASE MAKE THE PASSWORD EASY TO REMEMBER!
If you forget, the whole game is lost...

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 08-13-2009 @ 08:27 PM).]