Please login or register

AoW2/SM Mod Making
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ships, Navies and the AI
posted 10-25-05 07:40 AM EDT (US)   
Im creatting a scenario at the moment where a large continent whos power is derived from its great navy is planning an invasion of its nearest continent, every now and again the computer churns out a new naval vessel in the port i have created and the nearby garrison produces troops and war machines and the like, one problem, a) the troops wont get on the ships and b) on the rare occasion they do the ships just sit in port twiddling their thumbs, meanwhile island is filling up with troops and the ships wont move, is there anyway round this, I heard a couple of years ago there was a problem with AI and ships, is there still a problem, is there anyway I can get the ships to move like the land forces.. please help its driving me nuts..
Replies:
posted 10-25-05 07:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
The ship AI is nuts!
What you could do is spawn ships with units by triggers...
Other than that I know of no way to actually 'help' the computer use navies.
posted 10-25-05 08:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Thanks for that, which setting should i set them too if i want them to pick up units and go and invade an enmy, RAID perhaps, will there have to be land units on the ship already
posted 11-05-05 01:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
I'm not very competent in AI problems, but even Scouts goes far and used to capture anything they can, right ?Scenario Design Guide: Army Properties and Behavior Settings said Raiders will raze captured structures - and they seems to.
Therefore if your army is designed to expansion, not just wiping anything they can, Scout will be better.

Quoted from Njorhg:

Other than that I know of no way to actually 'help' the computer use navies.

Well, maybe - just maybe - if i'll find a way to pack unpacked maps back correctly... custom target waypoint can be set for any already existing army. Maybe, even more than one - but now i don't know this.
Then, and if this waypoint will not be re-set automatically... See ? It would be better than only Behavior setting.
But - no guaranties now. Just possibility.

And even I make no pretence Of having more than common sence - R.W.Wood
The secret half a country keeps, the whisper in the lane... - R.Kipling
[UPatch 1.4 Team] * STLpack
posted 11-05-05 03:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Thank you Turbo for the sound sdvice, the way point thing sounds amazing, I have always thought of AOW as more of a strategic game, but found the naval aspect to let the game down badly. After all before man took to the skies the greatest powers were those that commanded the seas and oceans, which unfortunately AOW AI does not have the same view, if it did I think it would make for a whole new gaming experience...
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Mod Making » Ships, Navies and the AI
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames