Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Public demo
posted 03-25-13 02:30 PM EDT (US)   
Since there is a couple of innovations (classes, new combat mechanics and so forth), the feedback from the community could be much more constructive and useful if the demo is released.

I guess more than 50% of our concerns and suggestions are just speculative, because we don't know what we are speaking about. So I'd like to ask the devs if the public demo is in their plans and if yes, then when it can be expected?

PS: I remember that wonderful AOW-1 demo with great 4-player map... It convinced me that AOW is exactly what I want By the way, it's the only game which can motivate me to write something in internet
Replies:
posted 03-25-13 02:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Yeah, a demo similar to the AoW1 one would be great, or a beta test for those who pre-order the game or for selected members of the community - such things happen with other games, so there is a chance that it will happen with AoW3 too.

AFAIK nothing has been announced about this so far.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 03-25-13 06:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Ha!

This reminds me of how I got hooked to aow ... I played the AoWII-The Wizards's Throne demo over and over and then bought it second hand on the web.

Good idea to release a demo first, yep.
cheers
posted 03-26-13 06:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Will respectfully decline answering the OP question for now.

However, I would like to point out that we've got a game demo we're showing on GDC, so keep an eye out for AoW3 news.
Notch for one seems to be pleased with what we're been doing.

Rumors have it we'll have game-play footage online ; )>

>>>Delete Yourself; You've got no chance to win<<<

Atari TeenAge Riot

posted 03-29-13 11:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Those rumors appear to be true, since I just watched the video. Pretty cool.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » Public demo
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames