You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WOW! How could I have missed that AoW3 Is being developed?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 09-07-13 07:15 AM EDT (US)   
This is great. I had a look through the official game site and it looks like AoW3 will a really great game
Possible the best turn based fantasy game ever (I have great faith in Triumph Studios)…
So I guess it is time for me to become active in AoW discussions again. Some of the old-timers here may remember me, and some of you may have played my mods for AoW1 and AoWSM.

Kris Lighthawk
Creator of Lighthawk's mod
Replies:
posted 09-07-13 10:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 55  
Hey Kris, good to see you here! Thats a looooooooooong time ago...

I have always been a great admirer of your posts, so keep 'm coming.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-07-13 03:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 55  
Wow... Maybe we can get some of the other old timers to return... I think I was a newbie when Kris "retired"

Enjoyed the AoW1 Lighthawks mod, most excellent!

2009 1v1 Mapmaking Competition 1st Place MapBattle of Enioch
posted 09-07-13 05:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 55  
It has indeed been a long time since I last posted anything outside the roleplaying forum, and even there I have not posted anything for months. I was coming to Heaven Games today in order to try to restart the RPG I am GMing there, when I noticed the AoW3 forum... and now I have used my whole day checking out all the info I could find about AoW3…

I really like what they are doing with the game and I think it has the potential to become the greatest game I have played ever.

That being said there is also a few things I don’t like, such as stacks of only 6 units and the fact that you seems to start so close to the enemy in combat that fast units can close to melee in one turn.

But it is good to be back, especially considering the reason that I am back…

Kris Lighthawk
Creator of Lighthawk's mod
posted 09-11-13 06:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 55  
Welcome back! I too remember you, and I too was a newbie when you retired. I heard great many things from you, especially from Jomungur (who is still around, from what I saw).

I'm pretty sure more old timers will return once the game is launched and advertised, for sure.

The stack limit is set in stone from what I understand, but they are still tweaking the starting distances. Make sure you post your concerns and suggestions because they are listening!

Cheers!
posted 09-11-13 04:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 55  
Indeed, listening we are ; )>

>>>Delete Yourself; You've got no chance to win<<<

Atari TeenAge Riot

posted 09-12-13 04:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 55  
Jomungur is still around?

Cool.

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

This is how man and dog differ.
posted 09-13-13 11:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 55  
Darn.

If Jomungur is still around I should stop dev'ing and start practicing.
Else I won't stand a chance anymore within a week after release.

Atari TeenAge Riot

posted 09-13-13 12:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 55  
Just to clarify, the "still around, from what I saw" refers to me seeing him post a few times in this AoW3 board. So I suppose he's around, lol. Though he seems dormant now or lurking from the shadows (!) *gasps*

<<.<<
>>.>>

And yes, not to sound too fatalistic, but we don't stand a chance. It would be great if, during your balance passes you could, you know, balance him too so that he's not so OP? But anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting to get my behind kicked once again playing this new installment :P

Cheers!
posted 09-17-13 01:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 55  
override function GetDamage()

if PlayerScreenName == Jomungur then
damage = actualdamage - 5;
end

end

{orc voice} Job Done {/orc voice}

Atari TeenAge Riot

posted 09-17-13 07:11 AM EDT (US)     10 / 55  
Are you in need of (urgent) medical attention?
posted 09-17-13 07:38 AM EDT (US)     11 / 55  
override function GetDamage()

if PlayerScreenName == Jomungur then
damage = actualdamage - 5;
end

end

{orc voice} Job Done {/orc voice}
Hahahaha! This will do. Much appreciateeeeedddd!
posted 09-17-13 03:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 55  
I'm definitely around. I'm really looking forward to the release as well, although now my gaming is compromised by wife and kid. So no need for the damage reduction - it's well covered .
posted 09-18-13 06:58 AM EDT (US)     13 / 55  
Who is Jomungur ? I was just in San Diego last week and I didn't see a Jomungur ...
posted 09-18-13 07:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 55  
Hahaha...Damn right, Jom. Nice to hear that!

And just can't wait to play with you and Tom again!

Cheers.
posted 09-20-13 06:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 55  
@You3, I don't know if that was a joke, but omg you made me laugh!

He's not a developer, btw, but Triumph should ping him for thoughts on balancing the game.

Jomungur was the top ranked AoW1 player, very few people came close. There were a few very very good players back then who have all vanished, like Jesta, Silverleaf, Der_Waggs (I played my first multiplayer game ever against him, damned near won as well!), Mikail...

He also did a guide for Aow2 when that came out, which is still well worth reading.

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

posted 09-21-13 11:37 AM EDT (US)     16 / 55  
It was not meant to be serious even if I didn't know who he was (I mean this thread explained the context but prior to this thread I did not know of him). I started playing with AOW-2 (never played AOW-1) but I never played multi-player though maybe I should have.
posted 09-23-13 06:18 AM EDT (US)     17 / 55  
I've just seen the anouncement! Fantastic news!

"When you've got nothing, you might as well trade it for"
posted 09-23-13 02:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 55  
This game really shines in multiplayer. If you like, I am up for a game!

posted 09-24-13 06:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 55  
Well for aow-2 - I haven't played since 2009; i have to find my disks - i was playing one of the custom senario - it was quite good and quite long but i ran into a fatal bug with one of the triggers and since the game took so many hours i was really er unhappy with the out come - i think i had been playing for 2 or 3 weeks when i ran into the bug.
posted 09-25-13 03:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 55  
All I can say is that I play it now and it is pretty much bug free (playing MPE)

posted 09-26-13 08:05 AM EDT (US)     21 / 55  
Maybe when AOW3 is released
-
Kind of wish this site had a PM system.
posted 09-26-13 08:32 AM EDT (US)     22 / 55  
No worries. Anyone up for a game?

posted 09-26-13 08:40 AM EDT (US)     23 / 55  
What is PM system?

MANVS MANVM LAVAT
posted 09-26-13 11:36 AM EDT (US)     24 / 55  
private message.
posted 10-08-13 09:00 AM EDT (US)     25 / 55  
Wohhhh ... Kris, it was long long long time ago.
Warlord Keldon, Fistandantilus and me are ready to strike back!!
posted 11-11-13 08:19 AM EDT (US)     26 / 55  
I know! I missed it for a bit. Can't remember where I found out about III, but so many good memories just came a storming in! I wanted to just hug my computer and cry.

Age of Wonders Moderator on Anook
posted 11-20-13 07:01 AM EDT (US)     27 / 55  
And out of the woodwork, the old-timers return. I, too, shall join you in the new age of wonders.

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, then how come nothing is free yet?
posted 01-03-14 11:39 AM EDT (US)     28 / 55  
I heard about AOW3 sometime last year, but didn't look into it too much. I didn't want to dig too deep because it would make the wait seem that much longer!

Now it's 2014, and I'm super excited! I can't wait to dive into the game, and start playing again with new and old friends!

Cay
CayMack on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. CayMack#1436 on BattleNet.
Visit: TrueAchievements|TrueTrophies
posted 01-03-14 01:14 PM EDT (US)     29 / 55  
Woot! Cay! Talk about an old-timer! Here's hoping we see AoWIII and yourself soon.
posted 01-04-14 08:19 PM EDT (US)     30 / 55  
Getting sloppy, Kris?

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 01-06-14 01:52 PM EDT (US)     31 / 55  
Did someone say out of the woodwork old timers?
posted 01-07-14 02:30 AM EDT (US)     32 / 55  
Happy 2014 AOWers!

Good to see your names, Chowguy, Cay, FFBJ~!

Bluecollarheaven
"Where there is imagination, the possibilities are endless."
Age Of Wonders 2 Heaven | AOW2H Scenario Designers' Hall
posted 01-07-14 06:35 AM EDT (US)     33 / 55  
Liz! *hug*

It has been far too long!

Happy New Year to you too!

Member of the Evil Liberal Conspiracy - Moderate European Conservative
posted 01-07-14 07:27 PM EDT (US)     34 / 55  
Hey Edi! Glad you're here. Indeed, how the years have passed.

Bluecollarheaven
"Where there is imagination, the possibilities are endless."
Age Of Wonders 2 Heaven | AOW2H Scenario Designers' Hall
posted 01-07-14 09:09 PM EDT (US)     35 / 55  
Now if only Kheldar shows up, we could have a real old-timers convention Plus Nojd and Mik, I suppose.

(For those who don't know, Cay, ffbj, Blue, et al were old-timers when I was a newbie.)
posted 01-07-14 11:56 PM EDT (US)     36 / 55  
Blackmane has posted over at ageofwonders.com, though not for months now.

Member of the Evil Liberal Conspiracy - Moderate European Conservative
posted 01-08-14 04:12 PM EDT (US)     37 / 55  
Yep, a lot of water has passed under the frozen impassable bridge. Oh No it is the end!
posted 01-17-14 05:10 PM EDT (US)     38 / 55  
Woot BCH is back, cue awesome maps and good stories.

posted 02-26-14 04:50 PM EDT (US)     39 / 55  
Wow, so many names from the old AoW2SM days.

*looks around for BlackKnight*

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 03-01-14 10:59 AM EDT (US)     40 / 55  
I am giddy like a little school girl! Hear me Sqquuuueee!

It has been a long time since I last played Shadow Magic(even though I bought it, again, when it got released on steam. All well and good. I can't find my old disc these days anyways!). Not that I was ever on the forum much, but it is fun to see that many of you guys are still on here!

Edit- Checked my profile. Apparently it has been over half a decade since I logged in. No wonder I had to request my username and get a password reset!

[This message has been edited by ShunWolfkin (edited 03-01-2014 @ 11:00 AM).]

posted 03-02-14 10:45 PM EDT (US)     41 / 55  
Wow. Just noticed the game on Steam. Can`t believe it. Looking better than I could have hoped. Haven`t been around here for a few years, but I recognize lots of old names.

Cheers all.
posted 03-03-14 10:47 PM EDT (US)     42 / 55  
Hail, hail, the gang's all here.

Does anyone know if one will be able to purchase a boxed copy of the deluxe edition?
posted 03-04-14 07:27 PM EDT (US)     43 / 55  
Hey Alex. Well they are making them. It is sort of vague, a region by region thing.
posted 03-04-14 10:18 PM EDT (US)     44 / 55  
Hello there!

I am just going to get the digital deluxe edition from Gog and dive in, I have a map concept already cooking in the back of my brain.

[This message has been edited by Alex Mars (edited 03-04-2014 @ 10:18 PM).]

posted 03-28-14 07:19 PM EDT (US)     45 / 55  
Blimey! There's a lot of names here I recognise stretching back nearly 14 years for me.

Anyway, looking forward to Monday when it all starts in earnest.
posted 03-29-14 04:44 AM EDT (US)     46 / 55  
Yeah, pretty awesome right.
Big forum reunion : )>

Atari TeenAge Riot

posted 03-29-14 09:36 AM EDT (US)     47 / 55  
Yes, nice to see you all again.

Think AoW 3 will be what finally forces me to buy a new computer.

Hopefully it will suit my taste better than AoW 2 and SM, which while they are good games failed to charm/seduce me as the original AoW 1 which I recently started playing again.

/Eriksson
Life is nothing but a game
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 03-29-2014 @ 09:37 AM).]

posted 03-30-14 01:49 AM EDT (US)     48 / 55  
Hi gang

Dix is back too, so nice to see all of you here after all those years that passed.
posted 03-30-14 09:19 AM EDT (US)     49 / 55  
Since my last post, even more names have come out of the woodwork. Great to see everyone coming back again after so many years!

So, it comes out tomorrow... Can't believe the day is finally here!

Cay
CayMack on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. CayMack#1436 on BattleNet.
Visit: TrueAchievements|TrueTrophies
posted 04-01-14 04:37 PM EDT (US)     50 / 55  
*joins reunion*

So, when do the mapmaking begin?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » WOW! How could I have missed that AoW3 Is being developed?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames