Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Battle for Olympus2 - GillB v Unicorn77
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
posted 10-20-03 02:27 PM EDT (US)   
Unicorn77 takes Lizards, GillB takes Highmen

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
Replies:
posted 11-08-03 05:36 PM EDT (US)     151 / 168  
Lizards

Fortunately, we are at peace with the dwarves, because they now have their own astras flying in the north. Looks like there might not be much to do up there.

We are maintaining our resources by hit and run raids on the elves.

Possibly, it is only the two astras that need dealing with. But there must be a highman income generator somewhere.

posted 11-09-03 03:24 AM EDT (US)     152 / 168  
Highmen
We did something really stupid ... *sigh* ... or, to be more precise, we didn't do something that we meant to do.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 11-09-03 06:27 AM EDT (US)     153 / 168  
Lizards

Possibly that was not cancelling the ranger production in my captured 4 hex, which I should not have left. Or maybe not razing it. No matter, with a few extra archery units now available, we take on the two astras and critical mass tells. Then we have to kill our turncoat ranger and take back our 4 hex.

Where to now? Looks like there might be a 3 hex down south, Not sure where else.

posted 11-09-03 06:35 AM EDT (US)     154 / 168  
*sigh* It was not razing ... I meant to, then sent the astras to kill the boat forgetting to raze first and they didn't have enough movement to get back. Stupid stupid stupid

I can't believe they didn't kill any of the rangers ... 2 gold medal astras, one enchanted?

posted 11-09-03 08:10 AM EDT (US)     155 / 168  
Lizards

The astra battle did go well. But they took out the two lizard archers first because they would not get hit back. Which gave the rangers enough time to pepper the first astra and kill it. Plus they got a hit in on the second, which then chose to heal itself, rather than try taking a ranger out. So they then got another complete round in plus another I think, and goodbye number two. I keep saying "critical mass"!!

Today we take the southern town, and now we can't find any more. I'm suspecting we might have to go under ground.

posted 11-09-03 08:20 AM EDT (US)     156 / 168  
*Cries* We were so near getting a giant ...

posted 11-09-03 03:12 PM EDT (US)     157 / 168  
Lizards

Won't be much to report from now on..... until we find where the Highmen have gone!

posted 11-09-03 04:52 PM EDT (US)     158 / 168  
Highmen
Let's just say that sooner would be better than later if you don't want me finished off by another race whose very high level hero is pursuing us.

posted 11-09-03 05:28 PM EDT (US)     159 / 168  
Lizards

Seeking, always seeking....

posted 11-10-03 02:16 AM EDT (US)     160 / 168  
Highmen
We can run but we can't hide.

posted 11-10-03 03:25 PM EDT (US)     161 / 168  
Lizards

Tippy toe, tippy toe.

posted 11-10-03 05:11 PM EDT (US)     162 / 168  
Highmen
I guess we'd better come in the open. There's no way we can win and we don't really want to surrender to the dwarves as they were the start of our problems.

Trouble is that now the map is all dark, we need to find the lizards. Shouldn't be too hard because I guess they own most of the map.

posted 11-10-03 05:37 PM EDT (US)     163 / 168  
Lizards

Well, we own far from all the map. We are at peace with the goblins, so they have their own little area. We are at war with the undead but they have gone quiet. We are fighting a running guerilla war with the elves and have made some inroads into their territory. We are at peace with the humans and halflings, but have seen little of their areas. I think we may be at war with orcs but we haven't gone anywhere near them. We wish we were allied with the dwarves, as that would help our search.

And search we do!

posted 11-11-03 03:22 PM EDT (US)     164 / 168  
Lizards

We see some highmen!

posted 11-13-03 03:31 AM EDT (US)     165 / 168  
Highmen
Our few remaining archers take on the lizard hero stack, knowing the outcome would be annihilation. We never really recovered from losing our hero stack early on. Everything after that was delaying the inevitable.

Thanks for the game and congratulations

posted 11-13-03 12:28 PM EDT (US)     166 / 168  
And thanks to you too! Yes, we said this before, it was the hero battle, as ever, that pretty much settled things. But also, you seem to have had a problem with every other race, which can be so for the ultra good highmen. You did not quite kill off the azracs, which is what I thought was so funny. They had a city, several heros and many units, almost all in single stacks, packed into the top left and right corners. God knows how they got there, but they could not find the way out!
posted 11-13-03 01:55 PM EDT (US)     167 / 168  
Arrgghh ... I never checked there because in the first game I lost a whole load of units to an indie Yaka Avatar that was up there. That is sooooo irritating.

And, yes, I had problems with all the other races. They were all at war with me from the beginning and, although I tried on several occasions to make peace - especially with the dwarves who really loved me - they always refused.

posted 11-14-03 07:45 AM EDT (US)     168 / 168  
By "at war from the beginning", do you mean they quickly declared war, or that was the status from Day 1? Because if it is the latter, that seems quite unfair, and I will have to check the map in the editor. I didn't change anything (not sure how to, actually!) but it may have been set that way and if so I should take back my WL victory claim. Because all of my race relations were initially peace. And quite the reverse occurred with me in that I kep getting bombarded with alliance proposals.

It may have been that your actions (razing and/or migrating cities, etc.) did not help, plus you could take some action to positively help (building walls in grumpy cities, etc.) but I am surprised you could not at least get the dwarves onside, as they are only one step removed as far as race goes.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Battle for Olympus2 - GillB v Unicorn77
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames