You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Riverland Wars (Sprout vs Dan Petersson)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 03-15-05 05:26 PM EDT (US)   
Turn log for the WL match between Dan Petersson of the Halflings and Sprout of the Dark elves.

No leaders
Exploration ON
No customization except hero names
No alliances
No FMDS or WWDS

Let the fun begin!

Itīs nice to be important, but itīs more important to be nice.
Replies:
posted 04-23-05 06:59 PM EDT (US)     91 / 96  
Halflings day 45

The dark elves killed Blossum and Hanias yesterday. Well, we killed Esmeralda and all the yakas today, but these extreme battles cost us much and soon the brave halflings will be dead.

Edit: I forgot to tell that in our counter-attack we lost one of our heroes as well. The newly recruited Roderick Nightrunner got slain in the battle where we killed Esmeralda.

Turn sent!

[This message has been edited by Dan Petersson (edited 04-24-2005 @ 10:16 AM).]

posted 04-23-05 07:00 PM EDT (US)     92 / 96  
The Halfling Memorial Hall of Heroes

Dagarnoucht Nightstalker
Eclo Coldblood

Arnus Strongbow

Bronze the Holy

Forok the Bloated

Dan the Rogue

Namru the Forsaken

Jiswyn Treesong

Conan McHarr

Blossum the Fragrant

Hanias Dragonheart
Roderick Nightrunner

Tarash the Shaman

Doktok the Fat

May them rest in peace forever!

[This message has been edited by Dan Petersson (edited 04-24-2005 @ 04:45 PM).]

posted 04-23-05 07:04 PM EDT (US)     93 / 96  
If I do not miscount, I believe that you have lost at least 9 heroes in this war. Am I correct? Alas, it's a shame that I let you get the advantage earlier. Now that battles are starting to go my way it's too late.

posted 04-24-05 00:07 AM EDT (US)     94 / 96  
Dark Elves - Day 45

Argh! More losses...indeed, 9 heroes have fallen. On the bright side we have *plenty* of gold to attract some new hero

A rather slow day. Smiting from our losses, we were unable to accomplish much - other than drop another 1000 gold training our troops at the arena. Nearly 50 troops - including karagh, basilisk, air galley, demons, beholder, executioners, priests and archers along with a yaka and a few others are getting trained and continue to push forward...our losses are heavy, but the sledgehammer of mass amounts of troops is not easily halted.

We continue to pick away at the flanks as well - finally overcoming a garrison in the east, we capture and raze a halfling 3-hex. In the west, our dragon ships and air galley deliver 30 troops to squash a small halfling counter-attack. While we raze a halfling 1 hex and are in sight of the halflings capital. In the far east, we are plagued by an ice drake, bur our dragon ships are scouting the perimeter and have spotted the sneaky highmen avengers...

Turn sent.

posted 04-24-05 04:55 PM EDT (US)     95 / 96  
Halflings, day of defeat!

Today our last two remaining heroes charged in a suicide strike against the invaders near the frostling capital. They killed many of the enemies, but in the end they were simply too many. Leaderless, the halflings throw their weapons and run like cowards. They will likely be captured and enslaved.

Turn sent for the last time!

This has been a very exciting, fast moving and fun game to play. Thank you Sprout and congratulations to your splendid victory. I made one terrible misjudgement that I think played a very important part of my failure. According to my calculations, I wouldn't face your armies until a few turns later than I did. Therefore I chose to research Call Hero and Water Walking before Town gate. When you showed up, I was still researching Water Walking. I still hadn't reasearched Dispel Magic, so I also had to research Disjunction, Warp party and Town gate before I could defend myself in a proper manner. When I finally had Town gate you had already finished off most of my heroes. That was, in my opinion what tipped the scales in your favour. In addition to my misery, when I finally had town gate available all my air galleys were scrapped and I had nowhere left to produce any new ones. That gave me much worse mobility than you and that also played a huge part in my failure. Once again, well done and congratulations!

The winner gets the honor to report the result to the Ladder!

[This message has been edited by Dan Petersson (edited 04-24-2005 @ 04:56 PM).]

posted 04-24-05 07:12 PM EDT (US)     96 / 96  
Dark Elves - Day of Victory!

The remaining halflings flee before us - our combined forces, although without any heroes - was too much for the halflings. Nearly a third of the north and western cities have been razed during weeks of brutal fighting...a close hard fought battle!

Thanks for the game! Being able to migrate my capital to human near the beginning of the game and dispite losing my hero early and failing to capture any of the lizard heroes, a single dragon ship of 2 ladies of pain, a storm priest and maybe an archer or two were wildly successful - seducing Shelp who proved to be our most powerful hero and capturing all of the important Azarc cities...well they were nearly an afterthought in my main expansion plan, they proved to be the most beneficial. You fought well and if I had fallen back and let you regroup with your advantage in heroes, things could have been very different, but the constant stream of troops finally overwhelmed you! Very enjoyable as always, thanks!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Riverland Wars (Sprout vs Dan Petersson)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames