AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Magic Rules Turn Logs
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 04-28-03 02:04 AM EDT (US)   
This thread is for turn logs for 1 vs. 1 games played on TalonThorn's new map Magic Rules.

Current games started:
1. Sprout(Azarcs) defeats GillB(Humans)
2. Sprout(Azarcs) defeats Alex Mars(Humans)
3. Sprout(Elves) defeats GillB(Dark Elves)
4. Sprout(Humans) defeats TalonThorn(Azarcs)
5. Sprout(Humans) defeats Unicorn(Azarcs)
6. Da_Moose(Humans) vs. Sprout(Azarcs)

Good luck to all!

[This message has been edited by Sprout (edited 05-09-2003 @ 11:28 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-07-03 03:00 AM EDT (US)     91 / 102  
Humans - Day 11 (Game 4):

The Azarcs should have believed us when we said that we had a plan! Now all the Azarc heroes are dead and the rest of the Azarc empire should follow quickly. Rene had saved up a level terrain spell that opened the way for all 15 of our units to attack...and the Azarcs were in range because they went after the spider (bait) that we placed before them!

Turn sent to Talon Thorn.

posted 05-07-03 03:03 AM EDT (US)     92 / 102  
Azracs from the grave - game 4

What was that? warp party or lots and lots of free movement spells? I thought you could not move near that many units across the mountains. Warp party then?

Well, I should have known, superior attack does not help against many grunt units since the heroes don't get to attack the first few rounds. I could have had you otherwise! Maybe.

Congrats. I'll let you post the win.

PS: Level terrain! Ah ha! First time I've heard it used to good purpose. (Still, the roast spider WAS quite good!)

[This message has been edited by TalonThorn (edited 05-07-2003 @ 03:09 AM).]

posted 05-07-03 03:28 AM EDT (US)     93 / 102  
Game 4 Recap...

Yup...it is the first time I used level terrain to gain an advantage as well! I actually did not realize that level terrain affects center hex and the 6 surrounding hexes...so it is possible with the 1 spell to level enough of that mountain range to get through.

My elephants have stone skin, enchant weapon and dark gift on them...they hit hard. In addition, all my heroes had spells while yours did not - the stonings were not a huge factor - but simply too many grunts in the end managed to drag you down!

Thanks for the game - would you like another?

posted 05-07-03 11:30 AM EDT (US)     94 / 102  
Game 6 now started.

First turn sent to Da_Moose.

posted 05-07-03 03:48 PM EDT (US)     95 / 102  
Humans - Day 11 (Game 5):

With freemoving boats, we must be more cautious than ever to avoid being surprised!

Turn sent to Unicorn.

posted 05-07-03 06:07 PM EDT (US)     96 / 102  
Azracs Game 5 Some Days.

We get a boat and move it quite freely, all thanks to the great powers for allowing this. In fact, we move onto a nice island, have some fun in the sun for a while, then move on garlanded with gifts into Human lands. Now we wonder what backlash that will provoke.

posted 05-08-03 00:59 AM EDT (US)     97 / 102  
Humans - Day 12 (Game 5):

While we were away our homeland is invaded. Sadly the Azarc heroes are *much* stronger than us...so staying away from them sounds very good to us!!

Turn sent to Unicorn.

posted 05-08-03 12:20 PM EDT (US)     98 / 102  
Azracs Game 5.

Capturing lots of Human resources. Also, we see evidence of a troop concentration.

posted 05-09-03 00:44 AM EDT (US)     99 / 102  
Humans - Day 12 (Game 5):

We spot the 3 Azarc heroes near our former home. Using our freemoving sailboats we quickly send 14 units to attack 2 isolated heroes. Even with such overwhelming numbers we lost half our forces including our best hero!! We attempt to console ourselves that the Azarcs have only 1 hero we know about - but it is bitter medicine in the face of the victory we had hoped to win!

Turn sent to Unicorn.

posted 05-09-03 07:05 AM EDT (US)     100 / 102  
Azracs Game 5.

Well, it was enough. Attempted to pick off a few units which, with a lot of luck, might have meant survival was possible, but that failed miserably. Which left nothing but prolonging of a lost cause.

Good game! I particularly liked the free movement serpents, although I'm not sure how you could predict who they would attack.

posted 05-09-03 11:27 AM EDT (US)     101 / 102  
Recap Game 5:

Thanks for the game Unicorn! The serpents were just a test to see what would happen...was hoping they would pick to attack you since three of them were in range and your heroes were the only fresh meat! Oh well, had to do it the hard way, but it worked alright in the end!!

Good game!

posted 05-12-03 00:55 AM EDT (US)     102 / 102  
Azarcs - Day 1 (Game 6):

We start off by taking a builders guild and earth node!

Turn sent to da Moose!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Magic Rules Turn Logs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames