AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Tribulation Turn Logs
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 05-01-03 04:32 PM EDT (US)   
Turn logs for 1 vs 1 wizard ladder games on Talon Thorn's new map Tribulation.

Games Started:
1. Sprout(Undead) defeats GillB(Dark Elves)
2. Sprout(Orcs) defeats Talon-Thorn(Goblins)
3. Sprout(Undead) defeats GillB(Dark Elves)

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Sprout (edited 05-15-2003 @ 00:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-01-03 04:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 89  
Undead - Day 1:

The landscape looks very grim. We bribe the closest town to join us - but that leaves us with still too few troops to cover all the areas we need to!

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 05-01-03 04:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 1
We would love to have bribed our nearby towns, but a hero joined us at great cost ... no gold makes the Dark Elves unhappy.

Good luck - and death to the Highmen

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 05-01-03 04:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 89  
Undead - Day 2:

Well, having 2 heroes must be nice. We lost 5 units to a troll today...looks like we will be leaving him alone for a while.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 05-01-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 2
It has its advantages ... gold is not one of them.

We had a fun little battle in a monster lair

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 05-01-03 09:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 89  
Undead Day 3 -

The caves are not fun...producing units to replace our losses

Turn sent.

posted 05-02-03 02:09 AM EDT (US)     6 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 3
More exploring.

posted 05-02-03 02:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 89  
Undead - Day 4:

We picked up some loose items - not bad! Left the cave with troll alone for now...had a battle with the Orcs...did not go well because we are short of archers!

Turn sent to Gill.

posted 05-02-03 03:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 4
Still picking up oddments and debating whether to enter the ruins ... yes I know we will in the end and yes I know we'll regret it ...

posted 05-02-03 11:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 89  
Undead - Day 5:

Well we regret exploring the caves! Lost some more swordsmen and hell hounds. The Orcs are not friendly and we have had a few skirmishes!

Turn sent to Gill.

posted 05-03-03 06:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 5
Some of us survived the ruins. Licking our wounds.

posted 05-03-03 12:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 6
Apologies - another unexplained restart

We plod onwards towards some more caves and thinking we will live (or not) to regret their exploration.

posted 05-04-03 02:05 AM EDT (US)     12 / 89  
Undead - Day 6 and 7:

More battles are fought...the extact nature shall remain our secret for now

Turn sent!

posted 05-04-03 03:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 7
We explored the cave meeting surprisingly little resistance and some worthwhile treasure at last.

posted 05-04-03 03:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 89  
Undead - Day 8:

A death alter and fire alter unleashed by the Highmen blast large gapping holes in the dark elven ranks of troops. We capitalize by moving our experienced squad of archers to kill both dark elf heroes and most of their accompaning troops...now that treasure is ours to behold!

Turn sent!

posted 05-04-03 03:57 AM EDT (US)     15 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 8
We're devastated in numbers and morale. We were about to unleash an attack on the Undead, full of optimism, and now all we have left are tatters and remnants.

posted 05-04-03 04:02 AM EDT (US)     16 / 89  
Undead - Day 9:

We continue to press forward against our arch-enemy Dark Elves!

Turn sent.

posted 05-04-03 04:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 9
Nothing much to say about today except that we didn't lose any units which has to be a plus.

posted 05-04-03 04:33 AM EDT (US)     18 / 89  
Undead - Day 10:

Attacked the Dark Elves large city "East"...the defenders were spread thin, so we attacked only 4 of them and managed to take them down with the loss of 2 of our own...the remaining defenders are too great for us to fight for now.

Turn sent.

posted 05-04-03 04:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 10
Wondering why the Highmen don't feel like unleashing their altars on the Undead

posted 05-04-03 11:13 AM EDT (US)     20 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 11
What have the Highmen got against us? An astra took and razed our capital city taking the upgrading gold with them. We are retreating from both enemies.

posted 05-04-03 03:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 89  
Undead - Day 10+11:

An interesting thing...the Orcs and Goblins declared war with me at the beginning of the game...so the Highmen asked for peace..."an enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Anyway, with the Highmen at peace with us...no alters have hit us and so our unmolested troops march into the dark elven territory ready to destroy the dark elves completely!

Turn sent.

posted 05-04-03 04:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 12
I tried to make the Highmen my allies at the beginning but they refused. Hmm ... we're still alive. That's about the best we can say at the moment.

posted 05-04-03 04:54 PM EDT (US)     23 / 89  
Undead - Day 12:

We march through the dark elf lands.

(I sent a suggestion to Talon Thorn to modify the map so that all the evil races start at was with the Highmen to prevent one person from having peace with them)

Turn sent!

posted 05-04-03 05:19 PM EDT (US)     24 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 13
That would be good We tried something different ... all we did was lose units and we didn't have many to start with

posted 05-05-03 04:54 AM EDT (US)     25 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 14
We built a wall and killed an undead archer. Not much in the scheme of things, but did wonders for morale.

posted 05-05-03 04:00 PM EDT (US)     26 / 89  
Dark Elves Day 15
Hehe ... got that wall built just in time.

posted 05-05-03 04:02 PM EDT (US)     27 / 89  
Greetings!

Since this map is still in beta and has been updated a few times, I'm wondering what verion you guys are playing and how it is going. I may need to beef up the highmen even more, since they are not supposed to be conquerable.

-TT

PS: version number should show in the map name, but not sure if you can see that once the game starts.

[This message has been edited by TalonThorn (edited 05-05-2003 @ 04:03 PM).]

posted 05-05-03 04:08 PM EDT (US)     28 / 89  
Undead - Day 16:

The wall has slowed us...for now!

Turn sent.

(P.S. Talon Thorn: Hard to judge, since the Highmen asked me for peace right at the begining...so I have not had to worry about the alters. While the alters did some considerable damage to my opponent...now game is just about over...I am still at peace with the Highmen!)

posted 05-05-03 04:12 PM EDT (US)     29 / 89  
Yes, that was fixed as per your suggestion. Sounds like you have an earlier map; the highmen now have extra gold and mana, plus a regular income, and the towers are guarded. Consider playing it again with the revised setup. I'm open for another game too if you are interested.
posted 05-05-03 04:21 PM EDT (US)     30 / 89  
Undead...

We approach the last stronghold of the Dark Elves only to find Astras flying overhead!! The Dark Elves have been defeated!

Good game Gill!

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Tribulation Turn Logs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames