Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Barondir Bay Turn Logs
posted 05-10-03 00:34 AM EDT (US)   
Thread for 1 vs 1 wizard ladder games on Barondir Bay map.

If anyone is interested in playing - just reply or email Sprout.

Games started:

1. Sprout (Azarcs) vs. Enginerd (Humans)

Good luck!

Replies:
posted 05-10-03 00:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 1:

Not the best start to our conquest of Barondir Bay. Our powerful azarc rider fell in battle and the spells of our hero William Firestarter are quite wimpy!

Turn sent to Enginerd.

posted 05-10-03 10:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Humans - day 1

My mighty heroes and stack went to slay the goblin beasts. The goblin bombers had a different idea. The town was taken but one hero was lost. I hope my troops fight better from here on out.

Turn sent to Sprout

posted 05-12-03 00:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 2:

We divide our forces today...taking a town with bribe and another town by force.

Turn sent to Enginerd!

posted 05-12-03 00:44 AM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
Humans day 2

No one wants me to bribe them. At least the bombers didn't put up much of a fight this turn.

Turn sent to Sprout

posted 05-12-03 00:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 3:

Using the troops that we bribed and the catapult produced on day 1, we dropped our forces off next to the Lizard capital and captured it today

Of course there is a large stack of lizard troops right outside , but then again they do not have wall crushing/climbing units

Turn sent to Enginerd.

posted 05-12-03 07:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
Humans day 3

Captured a nice dwarf city and another shipyard. I'm sure I can build some nice boats to go visit the new lizard king. My homeland is secure for now.

Turn sent

posted 05-13-03 02:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 4:

Explored a temple today...cursed undead mummies were there in spades! We managed to escape without losing any troops - but going to be a while until the curse wears off of our heroes!

Turn sent to Enginerd!

posted 05-13-03 06:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Humans day 4

Discoverd some pesky lizards that probably ran away from home. Do I welcome them? Hmmmm... I think not.

The invading lizards are dead now.

Turn sent to Sprout

posted 05-13-03 07:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
Humans day 5

Killed some more pesky lizards. Wait! A lone frostling wolf rider has come to visit my homeland. I wonder what he's up to?

Turn sent to Sprout

posted 05-14-03 00:33 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Humans day 6

The frostling wolf rider didn't play nice so we had to put him out of his misery. Hmmmm, my goblin darter sees an azrac swordsman in the caverns. I wonder what will happen next?

Turn sent to Sprout

posted 05-14-03 10:17 AM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
Azarc - Day 7:

Our swordsman sees the goblin darter's eyes are filled with bloodlust...making him an easy target. Ducking the poison darts, two swings of the sword later and our swordsman continues his journey

Wondering what the humans will do on my...err...the lizard's island

Turn sent to Enginerd.

posted 05-14-03 09:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Humans day 7

That tower I captured helps me see lots of things. Many catapults in the lizard capital with an ugly orange flag. More lizards hiding. Maybe I shouldn't have stayed where I was...

Turn sent to Sprout
Enginerd

posted 05-15-03 00:19 AM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 8:

Now that the Humans see the trap we have laid for them, we act...our catapults rush forward (well...roll slowly) and crush the elephant as we move to squash the humans that have invaded this island.

Elsewhere, our home island is invaded by a lizard hero - just I should have built walls!

Turn sent to Enginerd.

posted 05-15-03 11:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
Humans day 8

Do I stay and fight all those catapults? Better to run and pick the battlefield rather than fall into his trap. Too bad I'll have to abandon that nice little town. Hmmmm, what do I do now?

Turn sent to Sprout

posted 05-16-03 01:24 AM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 9:

The humans flee as expected...but where? Into the caves we expect...they will find little of value for them there.

Meanwhile, our forces on our homeland dispatch the 8th level lizard hero...and our troops on the frostling island capture a mine, builders guild and storm their capital...although their heroes fled as well.

Turn sent to Enginerd.

posted 05-17-03 07:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Humans day 9

Yes, we found a teeny weeny city down there and the smell of death everywhere. At least we're alive.

Turn sent
(Not expecting a reply for several days)

posted 05-27-03 09:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 10:

Too tired to fight any battles...so we do a simple one in FC and otherwise just reinforce our position.

Turn sent to Enginerd.

posted 05-27-03 06:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
Humans - day 10

Met a wee little azrac wandering around in the caverns. I'm sure there's more around. Hopefully I'll have time to gather my forces together before they invade.

Turn sent

posted 05-27-03 09:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 11:

We are below you in the caverns...we about you in the waters...overhead in the mountain tops and skies above you...we are everywhere...fear the sun people.

Turn sent.

posted 05-27-03 10:04 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
Humans day 11

Not only do I have to deal with all those sunburned people but I strayed too close to the undead . I must have upset them for being alive, we mourn our losses. Morale has never been worse as my troops have little fight in them. I must remedy that.

What is that in the skies above? An Eagle! Drats! out of reach of my ballistas, he better not get too close.

Turn sent

posted 05-28-03 08:47 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 12:

Our hasted dragonship delivered 5 turtle catapults to join the 2 that were waiting at the edge of the shore...together the 7 turtles sunk both of the nearby human ships - although we lost 3 and another was severely wounded in the fighting.

Our eagle contines to have fun flying around...unless those ballistas learn to climb mountains I think we are safe for now

Turn sent.

posted 05-28-03 11:10 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
Humans day 12

My ships, my poor ships

Troops are trying to stay motivated for the fight that will soon come to my homeland. The ballistas are prepared, I wonder what tricks the sunfolk will come up with next.

Turn sent

posted 05-29-03 11:02 AM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 13

Using our ships to ferry our troops across we establish a foothold on the Human island by taking their 3-hex city.

In other news another lizard hero was killed by our forces.

Turn sent.

posted 05-30-03 11:10 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
Humans day 13

Things are looking bleak but in 4 days a mighty miracle will be performed and victory will be ours. However, the sunfolk think 3 more days will be sufficient for their purposes.

A weak hero joined are troops, he is stranded on an island and will be of no use to us.

Turn sent.

posted 05-31-03 01:29 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 14:

It will not be long now...our combined forces approach the human capital. It will not stand for long!

Turn sent.

posted 05-31-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
Humans

3 more days until the miracle is here and all sunfolk will will die. Catapults are near, the eagle is hovering, what else will arrive on my borders tomorrow? The capital is gaining strength, it will not be easy to take.

turn sent

posted 06-01-03 00:51 AM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
Azarcs - Day 15:

No more reason to wait. The 5 units that were within striking distance of the human capital move towards it...joined by 5 more catapults dropped off by our hasted ships...and they are joined by our heroes who town gated in with a full stack of troops. The combined forces easily overcame the human capital.

To end the campaign, another boat dropped off some darters to kill the stranded human hero.

Good game!

posted 06-01-03 04:46 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Humans -

The miracle we were waiting for never came, it seemed to take another form backed by the power of the sunfolk. The Azracs have triumphed.

Great game, I learned some things and won't be as easy to beat next time. There will be a next time....

Enginerd

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Barondir Bay Turn Logs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames