Ruleset: Warlock's Rules
Map Size: Large
Playable Races: Some
Surface Levels: 3
Difficulty: Hard
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
Dungeons Minimap:
((Note: Can -only- be played with Warlock's Rules))

Winner of the 2008 Summer Mapmaking competition!
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=15&tn=2649&f=15,0,0,60&st=0

Shortly after the Human conquest of the Valley of Wonders, fugitives from the Elven Court arrived in the Northlands. At first, the native Frostling inhabitants of the Claw Mountains regarded the newcomers with mild indifference, believing they would soon be driven off again by the harsh weather. Then the quakes began...

Welcome to the Warren! It is a single- or multi-player map with 7 races. You fight for your race's survival or supremacy as usual, but besides the other races there are dark creatures from the depths and the inhospitable terrain of the Claw Mountains themselves to consider. As the name suggest, this map is set in a vast maze of tunnels and caves under the Claw Mountains. Expect lots of exploring of dangerous tunnels and wild mountainous lands, with many wandering monsters preying on your unsuspecting parties.

The scenario has a background story and story pop-ups are featured on the map itself, but the main focus is on strategically interesting warfare using the tunnel-network to your best advantage. Considerable attention has been paid to the aesthetics of the map as well.

The scenario uses Warlock's Ruleset and recommends playing with leaders disabled, though an alternate map is provided if you do decide to use them.

Playable Races: Frostlings, Elves, Halflings, Dwarfs, Goblins, Orcs and Dark Elves.
Unplayable Races: High Men, Undead, Lizardmen, Azracs, Humans
Map Size: Large
Levels: Surface, Caverns, Depths
Difficulty: Medium-hard. No real nasty AI tricks, but beware wandering monsters.
Spheres: 5 (no race has 4 spheres in any single type of magic with default settings)
Leaders Starting Level: No leaders on the map. You start with a level 4 hero with the same name as your leader.
Ruleset: Requires Warlock's Ruleset.

More information can be found in the Readme file included in the download.

Updated 23-08-08 with last minute bug-fixes and some tweaks.
Updated 04-09-08 with extra heroes and a few more story-popups.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
vinson98 Unfortunately this crashed my computer every time I tried to play it (always in the first round). Great story though.

I have an old computer which is probably the rea

[Edited on 11/02/08 @ 09:31 AM]

Iguanaonastick
File Author
Uhm... do you have "Warlock's ruleset" installed like it says in the readme and on the map description page?

If you do not have this ruleset installed and active, I am not surprised it crashes.

If you do have it installed and it still crashes, then I would appreciate some additional details on how it crashes if you have it. I have tested the map on several PCs, and it has never crashed in the first turn and would be interested to know what could cause something like this.

[Edited on 09/01/08 @ 07:20 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:967
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:259.36 KB