Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Misc. Downloads » Warlock mod fix for 64-bit Windows

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Warlock mod fix for 64-bit Windows

Author File Description
int19h This fixes Warlock mod Rules2.bat to work on 64-bit Windows (XP x64 / Vista / 7). The problem with the original scripts is that it uses a bunch of DOS executables to patch files. DOS is not supported in x64 at all, hence they won't run. This simply provides a drop-in replacement that works on any architecture.

It's written in C# and compiled for .NET 2.0. Vista has .NET 3.0 out of the box, and Win7 has 3.5, so it should Just Work. On XP x64, you'll need to install .NET 3.5 (_not_ 4) first.

Just unzip into your AoW folder (Warlock should already be extracted there), and make sure you tell it to overwrite any existing files!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
int19h
File Author
This is tested and working with GOG (Good Old Games) version of the game.

This is NOT tested with Impulse, but no reports of it working or not working there so far.

This WILL NOT WORK with Steam version of the game (and neither will the stock Warlock mod). Unfortunately, AoW.exe in the Steam version is modified. I'm not aware of any workarounds.
pdifolco How does it install ? there's 3 undocumented exes that do nothing....
Firnyn interesting.....

i just installed Warlock mod on my win xp ( steam ) based game using the original rules2.bat file and it worked fine.. during the installation process it states that its unsure that the mod was installed. but then id you set up the shortcut with rules2.bat ( IE. "directory/directory/steam/steamapps/common/rules2" WARLOCK ) double click it to active it then run the AoW.exe short cut. and it works fine..

well it did for me.. but lighthawk doesn't work at all with steam do to the fact that it replaces the AoW.exe

I have not tried the 64bit yet with steam but i think that as long as you create the AoW.exe shortcut (launch the game with out the launcher). It should work.
int19h
File Author
You don't install it. It's a patch for Warlock Mod - unzip Warlock, then this on top of it, then use the normal Warlock .bat files.
Ziggurat Mason Thanks so much man.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,794
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:8.62 KB