File Details
Ruleset: TS Standard Rules
Map Size: X-Large
Playable Races: All
Surface Levels: 2
Difficulty: Normal
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
One of the biggest map I have made, it features all twelve factions, a huge number of towns and with it lots of fighting amongst the players. I would recommend it for singleplayer but if someone has the time and will to play this huge map with others, there should be no problem, it would just take quite a while.

More about the map:
7 spheres
12 players
5 heroes

No ruleset
Version 1.36

It features the same custom set of items and heroes as the the first one I published here (http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1153)

Comments/replies/ratings are appreciated. Same as before, if the feedback is positive I will keep posting my maps for your entertainment.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
mkthxbai
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Great original map!
However all the monster lairs/pyramids/castle ruins were all explored. Items were not added in the map.
Duster
File Author
About those items, I actually wrote about that in the information section about the map.

"It features the same custom set of items and heroes as the the first one I published here (http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1153)"

But I am glad you liked the map, I really appreciate it!
Mac_Biodiesel Just started this map as Lizards, and already see a balance issue. I cleared out the cave next to my start. It had only 5 lvl1 units in it. My reward: a mace which granted +4att, first strike, and lightning strike,... AND a shield that gave +2def and +4res.

I checked the map editor, and I see that cave listed as strength average and items average, so something is off. On Day 2 my hero just went from weak to kick-ass. :-/
Mac_Biodiesel
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Played as Lizards
Leaders On
Customize On
Exploration On
Allied Victory On

Flood pwns this map. Try it.

Game ended in 53 turns. A lot of the AI had difficulty expanding, except for the Humans, which ended up allying with me.

Playability: 2
The map is slow and fairly linear. There are sections near the middle where you can be freer to make decisions on your direction, but only if you have boats, fliers, or mountaineering/swimming units. It takes newly produced troops forever to reach the front line.

Balance: 3
Starting positions seemed reasonable, although the Undead never went anywhere. I think they conquered 4 cities all game long. I never saw any Undead units above ground, and I had visibility over their area for much of the game. Items in lairs/caves are much too powerful. Lizards have a huge advantage with swimming ability, Dwarves have some advantage with mountaineering.

Creativity: 4
Clearly a lot of thought and effort went into making this map. Depending on your play style, you may like the result or not, of course. I would have liked to see some Healing Pools, Altars, Colosseums, and Wizard Towers sprinkled in there. I like the use of inverted terrain.

Map Design: 2
Way too much gold income allowed on this map. Mana was okay. I had a massive surplus of gold way too early in the game, which made production of units trivial. But the layout of the map made those units much less effective, since it was hard to get them into any action. With this any cities, there's no need for so many other gold resources, and you definitely shouldn't group them into clusters. Due to the plethora of cities, my rule of thumb would be: "Place gold resources far enough apart so that a single swordsman can only capture one per day." I also don't like going down into a cavern just to see it immediately dead-ends into 3 cities clumped together. That seems like a missed opportunity for long sprawling passageways leading around the map.

Map is a good size for 12 races, and gives room for expansion.

Story/Instructions: 5
N/A

Rodzilla I just started a multi-player game as the Halflings and the first monster lair I ran across is marked as "explored" on the first turn. I downloaded the custom heroes/items and put them in the user folder and looked at the lair in the map editor and it looks okay. Any thoughts why this would be empty?

[UPDATE] It looks like there are more dungeons than treasure on the map! After I added a lot of items, it works okay.

[Edited on 03/25/15 @ 04:42 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance4.0