Arctic Wolf
File Details
Ruleset: TS Standard Rules
Map Size: Medium
Playable Races: All
Surface Levels: 3
Difficulty: Normal
Maps of Arctic Wolf - Volume 1

Hi Everyone and welcome to a very outstanding Map Pack. Have you every wanted a really good collection of maps for single player play. A collection which would really entertain you in ways that old episodes of Monty Python can't.

Well you are in luck. Let me introduce myself, I'm Arctic Wolf! You may remember me from such outstanding downloads as 'The Orcs of the Southron Kingdom' or 'A Cry in the Heartwood Forest'. I continue the tradition of quality highly playable maps with a collection of maps which represent a cross section of the maps I have made over time. Each one has been spruced up a bit to bring it up to a level that satisfies me, and will hopefully satisfy you. I have 12 maps in all in this download. Some of the maps are favourites of mine from my previous campaigns, altered to work as regular maps, and some are never before seen. As a special treat, I have included at no additional charge the early version of my classic map, "A Cry in the Heartwood Forest"! The original version of the map actually played opposite to the uploaded version. It is an EVIL version rather than a good version. A kind of other side of the coin version if you will.

These maps are meant to be fun and fast! Some are short on story, but all are long on adventure!!

Play these maps anyway you want, most are set up to be played as they are without alteration or customization, but after you do it my way, then do it yours. All passwords have been removed, so enjoy and edit the maps to your hearts content. Bye Bye!!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dan Donnard
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Well, It is always difficult to rate Map packs. Anyway: I give it a try.

Maps of Arctic Wolf are always fun to play and the Map-Design is the best, AoW has ever seen (really!!!!)

The Balance: Balancing is difficult and so you may understand that there are maps in a map compilation, that are not so well balanced.
I.e. "Mines of Gromfulden": Here it depends on the starting race. If you play Goblins, it is very easy to play. You start with a completely upgraded Hex-4-city. So you take the mines and install the karragh. Then you can sweep away your weak azrac ally and the rest of the races. If you play any other race you do not have this advantage and so 1 point down for balance.

So again: congratulations to this many astonishing maps (where do you get the different storys from? )

Keep on doing this kind of maps.

The best map (in my opinion) is "The marshland war" (What a map! ). This one is one of the best maps I've ever played.

very very good !

rgds
Dan Donnard
donnard@canada.com
Arctic Wolf
File Author
Thank's Don!!

As a note; I gues I should have been more clear in the story, but in "The Mines of Gromfulden" you are supposed to play the Orcs. Much Much more difficult!

Kind Regards
Arctic
Stoneskin In Half Moon Falls, you didn't put any trigger on the message event.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0