Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multi Player Maps » Lord of the Rings: Reign of Terror (original)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Lord of the Rings: Reign of Terror (original)

Author File Description
Jason
File Details
Ruleset: TS Standard Rules
Map Size: X-Large
Playable Races: Some
Surface Levels: 3
Difficulty: Impossible
This map can be played as a single player vs. the computer or as a co-op against the computer (it's more fun that way). You can play as: Highmen, Humans, Dwarves, Elves or Halflings (Hobbits). Story BackgroundThe bearer of the One Ring, Frodo Baggins, has died. His attempt to reach Mount Doom failed, and the One Ring has disappeared once again. Now Sauron has vowed to crush all of Middle Earth and reign forever. With Minas-Tirith girded for war; the Elves holding at Lothlorien, Elrond's house and northern Mirkwood; Gimli gone to rouse the Dwarves of the Iron Hills and the Men of Rohan gathering for the storm from Isengard; and Meriadoc returned to the Shire to gather the hobbits, the good races wonder if they can stand - especially as Sauron sows mistrust and fear among the alliance members, causing them to eye their neighbors with suspicion. Indeed, the Men of Rohan, led by Theoden who is under Wormtongue's influence, are mistrusted by many.... And then the terrible news arrives.... Gandalf has disappeared, none know where the grey rider is to be found!! The clouds of war and death hang heavy over Middle Earth and all wonder if this is the end of their age......
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Angel Draco
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This is quite possibly one of the greatest maps ever made for AoW. Jason always delivers and this map is no exception! The detail, the story and the challenge! A perfect score!

A wonderful recreation of Tolkien's world, this map will push your playing skills to the limit! I've won the map on single-player as the Highmen, Hobbits and Humans. But, this map is most fun played with others in a PBEM.

I highly recommend you turn Leaders OFF! It's just too easy to die!

I would say the the Highmen and the Elves have the hardest starting positions as they can be attacked from all sides. The Humans have the weakest starting position. The Halflings and Dwarves both begin in a corner so they can at least focus their defenses. Playing as the Haflings (i.e., Hobbits) is the most fun.
Queen Elquein
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Truly a great map. I think that we all know Tolkiens writings. :)
Beautiful map in a land that we all know. Truly a great map, one of the best and most entertaining ones that there is.
I am just playing it in a pbem game, and it has been very fun so far, and challenging too, wich is very important.
If you don't have this map, then you should get it.
Bluecollarheaven
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
It's by the far THE BEST Tolkien map ever made. (And there are quite a few out there, none of them can be compared with this one. They are not even 10% close to this beautiful and well-constructed map.) The map is very challanging. Close to impossible, but the detail and story and action will have you coming back to play from all sides.

A true masterpiece!
Vykromond
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
I beg to differ with a 5.0, though this *is* one of the best maps ever made.

Giving a 5 in Creativity & Story/Instructions to a map that derives story from Middle Earth and is one of a l-o-t of Middle Earth maps is overkill, I think.

Other than that, a wonderful, must-play map.
Cay Well, everyone's already said it, but this is one of, if not the greatest AoW map of all time. It is by far the best Lord of the Rings map. Although there is now some tough Tolkien competition in Fall of GOndolin and Mirror of Galadriel.

I would not recommend this map to beginners as it would surely be overwhelming. However, for players who are very familiar with AoW, this map is a must-play!
Cay
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Well, everyone's already said it, but this is one of, if not the greatest AoW map of all time. It is by far the best Lord of the Rings map. Although there is now some tough Tolkien competition in Fall of Gondolin and Mirror of Galadriel.

I would not recommend this map to beginners as it would surely be overwhelming. However, for players who are very familiar with AoW, this map is a must-play!
Sir Crashalot
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Simply the best PBEM map I have ever played.

nuff said

Crash ;p
TekkaZeroX
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Very well done map!!! For newbies you must have all the races to even consider victory. For diehard AOW fans this is a blast.
KoRny3354
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
the map is kladdig so i dont orka playa it, its too much shit and the map seems to be helt sne sorry but i dont like it bla bla bla.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.4
Balance4.6
Creativity4.6