Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multi Player Maps » The Forgotten Evil v1.1 (updated 07-04-01)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Forgotten Evil v1.1 (updated 07-04-01)

Author File Description
Bluecollarheaven
File Details
Ruleset: TS Standard Rules
Map Size: Large
Playable Races: All
Surface Levels: 3
Difficulty: Easy
Story:

Welcome to Hectoraze.
Once upon a long time ago, the good races of this land were once united by a terrible Ten-Year War against the wicket conjurer, the Infamous Warlock Lord of the North. The good races won and razed his city to the ground. Heros of that time banished the Dark Elves and the Goblins down to hell. The Orcs were allowed to remain on the Land only because they had, in the very end, killed their own King (a mere servant of the Warlock Lord) and joined with the Good Forces. The Undead armies were totally eradicated. The Warlock Lord was believed to have died along with his cursed armies.
Many years went by and the land was in peace, and the third generation after the end of that war had forgotten the price their forefathers had had to pay for all their lives. Batches of unrelated conflicts spread through the land of Northern Hectoraze. The Orcs which have increased in number over the years had once again fallen back on their greedy ways and have their eyes set on the Dwarves' rich gold mines. The Lizards, tired of being misunderstood and looked down upon, decide that it was time to rise up and show the World their strength. The Humans led by the radical Cleric Adrian decided to start a Crusade to stop the other races from ruining the world with their wars, but instead escalated problems. Elves and Halflings who had all along been peaceful with everyone, were stepping up their military poweress for fear that if they don't, they too would be dragged into the conflicts.
Unknown to those above, the Dark Elves and the Goblins found the forces that held them in Hell are growing weaker. And much to their twisted joy, the Warlock Lord is very much alive and hiding in the mountains of the Cold Frontier. He too has recovered and had some power to summon a few 'old friends' to begin the new invasion. Out of vengence and hatred, they vowed to destroy those on the surface....but each leader held a dagger behind his back when he shook hands with the other.

No of Races: Nine (Human, Undead, Lizardmen, Goblin, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Dark Elves and Halflings)
Difficulty: Easy - Normal.
Recommended play: PBEM

For those of you familiar with my RPG character and the backdrop of that, this story may seem a little off to you, but then, I made this map ages ago! :)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Queen Elquein
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
A very lovely and interesting map. Blue never fails to make good things. ;)

The map looks good, and otherwise balanced. Good for mp games, and also good for single play.
Angel Draco
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
I've played this map several times in PBEM as the Undead, Orcs and Lizardmen. The undead definitely have the advantage as you begin with two heros in two different areas: one on the surface and one safe far underground, which means you can expand quickly.

The Lizardmen definitely have the most challenging starting position as you begin in a island type area with not a whole lot of cities. You have to move quickly against the Frostlings or the Elves and Humans. A few well-placed teleporters makes for good strategy.

I gave this map a low blance score because of a high number of super power-up items available in a concentrated area that allow for someone to have an "uber-hero" within a few short turns. There is a series of crypts located in a passage way not far from te surface, and not too heavily defended, that has tons of power up items that grant some awesome abilties like physical and magic immunity. As the Undead, I had an unstoppable hero by turn 20 which let me dominate the game quickly.
RobSF For my first game on a custom map, this has been a highly-enjoyable experience. I chose to play the Undead. While I did not have two heroes at the beginning (maybe this got fixed in the July update?), I did have forces start in two different locations. One 3hex city trapped in Hell, and my hero hiding in some wasteland near the western edge of the main continent up on the surface. "Breaking out" of Hell was very entertaining (although not much of a challenge), as a sort of a mini-quest to reunite my forces. As Draco said, there are some valuable items to be found in lairs, tombs, and ruins. There are also some interesting challenges underground: Syrons, Titans, and Karaghs, oh my!

I don't want to try to rate this map yet, because I'm not even finished with one game on it. I'll finish this game, then play the map again with some of the different races to see how it balances. Right now, I can say that I'm enjoying this map tremendously, and would recommend it to others.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0