Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: No
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 2
# of players: 2
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
Just a first map ive created since finally finding a copy of shadow magic to play again :)

Goblins can go adjacently north to a fortress beyond a sign for their first or 2nd hero.

While Frostlings can go a bit SE and once the haunted crypt is explored, chucky helps out :)

those are the only 2 events i have up right now, as im still learning that side of mapmaking and what works and what doesnt.

i dont have a version update or anything, but i have updated this map since posting it so many days ago, fixed some things, added some others. I believe its a final product now but any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) thank you

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Swolte
Staff
Thank you for this upload, Puncturebox!

The map seems well painted, though perhaps a bit empty in some areas (compared to others). I can see you put thought into making the transitions between the terrains look very natural. Nice! The snow and wasteland contrasts very well, and this creates quite an original atmosphere, I think.

In terms of playability, there is a very strong and short, what I would call, 'tension line' which runs straight from one wizard to the other (through the underground-cave that is guarded by a few weak undead). In a really competitive match, this constrains where the information/action is and this may also make the map quite tricky to play.

In a match between a good player and a mediocre player, for example, the good player will attend very strongly to that tension line. If the mediocre player ignores it, or even strays from it too much, the game can be over really quick.

Anyway, got carried away there (hope the rambling made some sense).

Map seems balanced, but its hard to tell because of the many factors. The Frostling queen seems to have more resources at her disposal on that main tension line, so that is to some advantage.

For a first map, this is great work! We will be starting a 1v1 mapmaking tournament soon, and I hope you will enter and submit!
Puncturebox
File Author
Thank you, good sir for commenting so quickly on it :) after reading some of the stuff you said, i noticed some things, changed them, or added a couple new things in, not too much, but i was wondering how i go about to resubmitting the map, as some changes are switching the 2 goblin starting cities, so Mab's domain covers more area in the beginning, such as Artica's does, aswell as as you said about that tension line, i added 3 more indie undead units there, maybe i guess to fend off an Artica player for more turns. But now i believe it's a final product, as final as it'll ever be anyhow lol, time to move on to a bigger map for my friends and i, but ill definately keep my eyes out for this 1v1 tournament :)
Swolte
Staff
Sounds great, you can update this file by using the (small) update button!
:)
Mapmaking tournament will start this week!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:366
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:59.83 KB
Added:02/06/10