Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: Yes
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 5
# of players: 4
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
I made this map solely for testing... but eventually I had painted whole terrain, made some dull events, and created some items, so I decided to finish whole map.

This map is NOT balanced, doesn't have spectacular story, my hero descriptions have been written in a whim (seriously), and bothering to click wizards descriptions is pointless. ;)

Good in this map is that it is made with BNW 3.2 and there's some ready made heroes :p

I made my "mastery spells" before the actual map so I think there's no real use for them (but I decided to keep them there for... some flavor?). Though, I removed Life and Death "mastery spells" because they were way too unbalanced for this map -- if used. It's also possible to use those "mastery spells" multiple times even though I didn't intent so. I just noticed it too late and changing it now would be too much trouble.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Kirky Picardo Greetings The A M!

I have just downloaded this map and have been checking it out in the editor. While I have no idea how it plays yet, I can see that you are a very talented map painter as it looks wonderful. Thank you for making it for BNW. :)

I did want to mention one point of concern though. Looking in the editor here I see various seeing waters. Well the seeing waters that was added in UPatch 1.4 was made razeable and the one I added then also ended up with this attribute as I had copied the 1.4 one. Unfortunately, this can cause a problem because if these seeing waters are razed then saved games will not load. I don't know if there are beserkers on the map or independents that will raze things, but if there are then I would recommend changing the seeing waters to use the default one such as you have placed at quadrant 42.33.0 for example.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is possible for these razeable seeing waters to not be a problem (even if they are razed) if they are connected to the default one (which again is not razeable). However, if they are connected to another razeable one and either is razed then the save will definately not load.

Anyway, sorry for this, but it's not really my fault, lol.

Thanks again.

Kirky
Swolte
Staff
Gorgeous!!!
Lord Mykola88 congratulation...very nice map...when i finish play it I will give you my rating...But I think it is going to be a nice 5.0...by
RogerRabid
(id: Roger the Rampant)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
This is a lot of fun to play, with plenty of neat tricks.

Balance: 5
You’re right when you say that it’s not balanced. The things I did to balance it out were:

1) Changed the asgardian capital to a village, as the elves and humans both start with villages.

2) Took away the Tornado spell from the asgardian wizard. This is very unbalancing, because it allows a player to decimate the strong stacks that are defending fortresses and ancient ruins, then pick the distributed units off one by one.

3) Changed all three of those wizards (elf, human, asgardian) so that they only have the conqueror skill.

4) Changed all three of them to 300 gold and 40 mana to start.

5) Put beach terrain under the stables (haste berry tree) near the asgardian capital, and removed the ice bergs, so that it works properly.

6) The human player seems to be raided by one mighty moose at a time, whereas the asgardian player seems to be raided by a stack containing one mighty moose and one magnificent moose. This doesn’t seem to work very well, because the asgardian player can buy the services of the magnificent moose, meaning that it is very easy to kill the mighty moose, plus the asgardian player quickly builds up a stock of magnificent mooses. So I changed the raiders to mighty mooses only.

Creativity: 5
Very creative, some great ideas have been used, some new and some that I have seen elsewhere. Love the creative use of mist in this map. Also BNW has quite a lot of unique structures for map-makers, and a lot of these have been blended beautifully into the map.

Map Design: 5
This map is not just beautiful it also plays very well, and is very intelligently designed. Examples include teleport events when you move onto the cascading water, which teleport you onto a waterfall on the level below. Regular appearance of raiders in your territory. Cleverly disguised cave entrances.

Story/Instructions: 5
It has a story. Stories are not so crucial in multi-player games.

Additional Comments:
I changed the razeable seeing waters for the older ones that cannot be razed, as Kirky mentioned. Brave New World is a brilliant mod, and this map really highlights a lot of the opportunities that it offers to mapmakers. Thanks again to Kirky for such a great mod!
rat_peddler Can the modified version of this map be made available? It sounds like it would play better with less risk of reload failures.
rat_peddler
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
This plays fine as a single player adventure

Balance: 5
Because of the strong indies and relatively strong AI play of this map as a human in pretty constrained for resources at first.

Creativity: 4
Given for the use of BNW which provides lots of unique structures, etc... Some unique uses of events.

Very nice terrain and layout.

Story/Instructions: 3
As stated not much in this area which is average.

Additional Comments:
The map has even more potential for single player with enhancements to story and some more events.
Oleg123
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Balance: 3
Creativity: 5
Story/Instructions: 4

Additional Comments: I am a fan of A M because of the creativity and design in his (her?) maps. If you are looking for a fine balance of positions - keep looking.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.3
Creativity4.7