PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 4
# of players: 2
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
The polar region is in an uproar because of the arrival of a ship full of Vikings. Their fast ship and troops make the stealthy Frostpeople nervous. Will the Frostpeople be able to withstand against their old enemy? Will the Vikings choose to forge mighty alliances with the mischieveous spirits?
Only one thing is sure, war has returned to the frozen fields of the north.

23/04/11 update contains: different placement of quest stones.

test
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Timelord Hi nyarlathotep,

A solid map-making effort, offering many options for both players - both in terms of gameplay and approaches. The one problem I see is with the quest stones - too many of them. With rewards the way they are, too many quests can really become unbalancing.
Also, Thor has access to quest stones when going for both wizard towers on the surface but Iseomer would fall short badly unless she is going for the south-west one.
Also, the boat offsets the slow movement speed of Thor's army and the river teleport takes it a little bit further giving quick access to the wizard tower (with multiple quest stones on the way :) )
I also didn't see the point of the 2 AI wizards.

I know I posted what are mainly negative points but this is another map that was almost at the top of my rankings. Great effort.
Swolte
Staff
Just played, and looked more in depth at it!
:)

I would agree with Timelord on most accounts here!

Aside from the quest stone issue, which is a little bit over the top for Thor, one of my balance concerns would be that very early on, Isemoer has quite a large mobility with that IceQueen unit and her general starting advantage and surrounding terrain. It is tricker for Thor to move troops when he is starts off that island and has one boat only. Also, he can get pure aligned units in that church starting recruit center.

But a v nice effort, already! A remarkable improvement as compared to last year, I think. Especially if we can get rid of that ShadowWorld, and make the underground a bit more interesting/playable, this could be a great map!
Oleg123
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
The map is very fit for non-blind tourney-style playing. Many quests assure very good replayability.

Balance: 4
The Shadow Plane AI can be assassinated easily if you plan a couple of things in advance.

Creativity: 5

Map Design: 4
I did not like the guards in the independent towered towns and the fact that some of them are recruitable.

Story/Instructions: 4
The map cryes for a little more story.

Bottom line: thumbs up!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown