Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: No
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 7
# of players: 6
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
This is a modernised and play-technically improved version of Low_K's excellently painted map "Lords of Celederion". Now in the 2nd generation of the update a mature state of the "art" is reached.

The original has been very generous about development of each player, and this has made up one of the hilarious characteristics of this map. However, this led to unpleasant disbalance of rapidly growing players in later game. My main task was to overhaul and balance development speed and player strengths. I hope I could preserve some of the the generous and playful aspects of this wonderful map.

II 2.0 sees again a lot of changes to make this map more interesting, add adventure and in particular, make it balanced. The dreadful Undead have been sharply nerfed, the meager Dark Elves boosted and the Dwarves rapid development hampered. Playing XP has led up to these modifications and I am convinced it is quite balanced now. Heroes, Items and Quests added. Not to forget bunches of monsters and hedge-murderers. Each player has only 1 city with level 4 production and there is one additional on the center island. I have suggested important playing rules which you can read in the map's scenario description.

If you have a lot of patience, this map should also be good for single play.

Have fun!

- Bluebaby

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Low_K I am honoured that you are wiling to revise this old map. Like with all my maps, there is no copyright on any of them so mod them as much as you like.

I know I am gone from the radar although I am still working on a mod which will have new huge maps. No eta as of yet, still bug-fixing/balancing the mod.

Thanks again for the revisement!

Cheers!

Low
Rkaorus
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 4
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 4
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Very nice map. I've played for Elves in BNW 3.2 and required about 115 turns to win. The map is good balanced, Mayor Baggins is a little bit strange, but very charming opponent:) For my taste, there is too much towns there, but it is not a critical defect ;)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0