PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 3
# of players: 2
Skill Level: Advanced
Password Protected: No
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
Ultimately, there's always a battle raging between the forces of Good and the forces of Evil. Strangely enough, they also try to be ahead of each other. Well no, it's not that strange...

And today, they found out they were missing something. In the pocket-plane of Water sits King Kuranos upon his Liquid Throne, guarding all the secrets of the Water realm. If one faction manges to steal those secrets before the other, they would certainly get the upper hand.

There is only one problem... One does not just enter into his private plane, so your faction has forcebly wrestled their way in. While as long as you stay in the outskirts of his realm, he won't bother you. But if you get too deep, you might find more trouble as you would like.
And your stay is only granted through Plane-Pylons that your faction have planted. Loose them, and you're out of the race.

But offcourse, the only way to get to your enemy is through his realm... unless you find an other way.

This is a map which - while possible to play blind- is meant to be studied if you want to claim one of the possible victories. The better you know this map, the better the odds you have.

And while I do not claim it is a single-player map, you might find it not such a bad single-player experience if you want to take on King Kuranos.

And for those who are interested in the actual map-making history of this scenario, here's some more reading (though it's just fluff I needed to get off my chest):

Almost immediately after the 2010 PvP mapmaking tournament, I had the idea for this map. I didn't want to spoil the fun of the stressfactor that you get with only a month or so to make a map, so I just placed some key elements so I could remember what it was all about - this way I could go full speed once the announcement was made.

But sure enough, I found myself tinkering now and then on this map, and before I knew it, it was painted well before the moment which I awaiting. Again, that moment never came, as work on the UPatch restricted our dear tourney organizer's time.

So I tinkered further on, keeping this a secret project so I could send it in with the next tournament. Which again did not show up. And knowing that the next mapmaking tournament will be in a UP1.5 environment, I thought that this map would become a bit as a lame trick to play out. So no more holding up for me.

Enjoy!!!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Swolte
Staff
Interesting little gem! The very few cities would make it all about positioning, recruits, and indeed, studying the map very well!
:)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:377
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:78.87 KB