PBEM/Hotseat?: No
Multiplayer Online?: No
# of Wizards: 2
# of players: 1
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
Psymon and the Saucer

---Story---

Strange things were happening in the usually so peaceful halfling village Hobsby. Farmers were complaining to their leader, the wizard Symon, that someone was destroying their crops by making big circles in the fields. Some people were missing family members, who had ventured into the woods to pick mushrooms only to never come back. There were even those who claimed they had small grey men walking around their beds at night! But even stranger things were about to happen....

One night, a huge object was spotted in the air. It looked like a big shining disc, or saucer! It hoovered over the wizard tower for a few minutes, and then disappeared without a trace. The next morning, the halfling population made contact with beings never seen before : Tax Collectors! They looked like normal halflings, but were much more sinister. They forced the villagers to give them 30% of all their gold to praise their mighty leader Symon! The villagers soon realised that their old leader Symon had been replaced by someone, or something, else. They called him "Psymon"....

A small group of villagers were able to escape the Tax Collectors and left town to look for help. They soon arrived to the human town Muldarville, where they met the nice and friendly wizard Muldar...

---Info---

This map uses the latest version of the 100 units mod. You have to install it to be able to play. The mod can be found in the HG modpacks downloads section.

You should play as Muldar and let the AI play Psymon. The map is tested on Lord difficulty, and can be made easier or harder if you choose another setting.

Have fun!
/Magog
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Coyote7
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
Playing this scenario was really fun. It is one of the games i enjoyed a lot

Balance: 3
I played the stage on the emperor level and it was way to easy

Creativity: 3
This map had not something really special but i saw that you created the 100units mod , so just and only for this i could't give creativity less than 5

Map Design: 2
I think the maps design was poor, sorry

Story/Instructions: 3
The story was ok but the scenario was to short so the story was short too

Additional Comments:
I just have one question. It was the first time i played with the 100units mod mack and i ccouldn't understan one thing. The ''Greys'' have the dominate ability. I thought that dominate could not be used on the units that have willpower. But the 'Greys' were using dominate on the Knights that have willpower!!

You did a good job the only reason that i didn't give a higher rating is that the scenario was short and easy but good job! ;)
Magog
File Author
They greys also have the Drain Will ability, if I'm not mistaken... Thanks for reviewing!

[Edited on 09/27/04 @ 06:44 AM]

Zenith xero
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5

Well, it made me late for work once or twice. Also add the fact the novelty of playing the 100 unit mod that I personally have enjoyed for its creatively designed units.
Even though its a small map it was enjoyable, with a story line that has potential to be an even bigger scenario.

Balance: 3
I cant really comment on this as im not a map designer but i did find my self under the cosh sp? due to my style of playing and having to reload to adapt to the coming hoards so i gave it a 3 because its in the middle ;)

Creativity: 5
I've given it a 5 mainly for the units that gave me a desire to see what other creations Magog and the others had worked on, and that they were good. The story line was fun and original, (For AoWsM), taking the theme of invasion and putting it into a more 20th century obvious theme, and hopefully it will be a breakthrough for giving other map makers ideas.

Map Design: 3
As it was small i could send a flyer unit and see most of the surface world in a few turns, but what it saw was nicely made and aesthetically pleasing. Id love to see a role play rich, epic story line, huge world to explore the 100 unit nod in.

Story/Instructions: 3
Story was fun and straight forward, creative (Hence the 5 rating) yet basic enough to not be convoluted

Additional Comments:
Keep them coming
Magog
File Author
The map has been updated for the 100 Units mod v1.30.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0