Map Size: L
Levels: 2
Single Player?: No
Co-Op vs. AI?: No
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 6
# of players: 6
Skill Level: Any (depends on AI difficulty setting)
Password Protected: No
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
War has broken out recently from a troubled peace due to the appearance of a mysterious island. Choose a faction and fight for dominance in this world of war where the only hope for victory is through conquest. Discover secrets and trade blows in this map of kinetic connundrum.

Multiplayer Description:

The multiplayer map is balanced high. What do I mean by "balanced high"? Well what I really mean is that this map is definately not symetrical and all the factions start in unique situations with different starting resources, but it is still balanced as well as such a map can be balanced. To test this I took each faction to day 50 to see how much resources I had aquired and they were all fairly equal. I find that while it definately affords no perfect balancing such maps are more idealic for me to play because it makes things interesting.

You can expect to get a good 5 hours out of a multiplayer game with this map. You will also very rarely find yourself with nothing to do while the conflict builds up, there are many secrets to discover and strategic locations to conquer while still not cluttering the map. Speaking of secrets.

This map also features a unique way of treasure hunting. There is shadow world on the map but there are no entrances, instead each faction is given a stone with the shadow shift ability. There are unique areas around the map where if the stone is used you will discover a secret shadow area with treasure. It's something many of the people I've played with enjoyed and hope you enjoy as well.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Violet Lev Why it is only multi with dwig mod? And what it would be if I run prev version with dwig mode in single?
Strumlen
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This is my first time posting on this site but I have been playing AoW for a while with a couple buddies of mine through lan and we have recently discovered the awsomeness of dwiggmod. We hate playing RMG maps because they tend to be pretty unbalanced so we are always on the lookout for quality scenarios. This scenario by Battleaxe happens to be just that and he deserves a pretty big thanks from me for making it which is why I registered here.

Playability: 5

This map is very playable, as indicated by the score I gave it. The only problem with multiplayer playability is that this map can take pretty long to complete, it took me and my buddies about 5 hours in total to finish and that was just with the four of us and two cpus. The map offers a lot to do every turn and I often found myself with too much to do and spreading my forces everywhere. Exploring this ruin and finding that secret. For single player this map is just peachy.

Balance: 4
The reason I gave balance a four is due to the fact that the map really is not perfectly balanced. I found that the red side starts slightly slower than the black and that air wizard doesnt have as much resources midgame. These differences are fairly minor and its the fact that this map isnt symetrical and not perfectly balanced that I love.

Creativity: 5++
This map is awsome in the creativity department, absolutely awsome. The way he implemented secrets is something I think is really cool, and have never seen that done before. Also I found some really neat terrain combinations I've never seen before, a really interesting looking map. I especially love the dwarf lands and the swamp lands. Also the different starts the orcs and empirials get adds an interesting twist to the multiplayer gameplay.

Map Design: 5
Design for me is how the map looks and how the action flows and let me tell you it is A+ in both departments. This map looks absolutely awsome none of that big brush crap, everything is really detailed. The way the action flows is also great, it basicly seems that he designed it so that certain key points will be contested over. Also It seems this map doesnt suffer from the lose one army your basicly dead syndrom due to how it basicly forces you to split up exploring and conquering different areas simultaniously.

Story/Instructions: 5
The story and instructions are pretty cool for the two single player races.

Additional Comments: This map is regularily played by me and my friends and I definately reccomend you place it in your scenario library.

TruePurple Which dwiggs version is this for?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0