Map Size: L
Levels: 3
Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: Yes
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 6
# of players: 6
Skill Level: Any (depends on AI difficulty setting)
Password Protected: No
In the Ring there are guarded the most powerful artifacts on this world.If someone would put his hands on them ,there would be a new allmighty God that everyone will obey.Knowing of their existence 6 powerful leaders fight against any odds to gain them and then is just a matter of time until the world will become his (her) domain.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
rat_peddler I tried to play this. I pick scenario, hit start, and then nothing happens.

RogerRabid
(id: Roger the Rampant)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance2.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
As someone else has already stated, this map doesn't work. I loaded it in the editor with 1.4 and saved it, then tried to load it but it still wouldn't work

Balance: 2
Haven't had the chance to test balance out thoroughly as the map won't run

Creativity: 3
Looking at the map in the editor it looks quite neat, and the custom pics are cool. Nice concept, but still needs quite a lot of work (and needs to actually run!)

Map Design: 2
Needs a lot more decoration, and elevation needs to be used more effectively. Most people don't like cities on the edge of the map

Story/Instructions: 1
Minimal

Additional Comments:
This could be a great map, nice concept but still needs a lot of work. Need to find a way for the map to actually load and run, too, it's not much use at the moment!
Kirky Picardo
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
The Map is very playable IF you play it for the mod it was made for...in this case the Brave New World mod :)

Balance: 5
The map looks balanced to me.

Creativity: 5
Very Creative map.

Map Design: 5
Very attractive map. Sure, it may still need this or that, but as is it's still a very nice looking map in my opinion.

Story/Instructions: 2
Well I gotta dock some points here as there needs to be information that this map is for a specific mod. Although I do understand that people are only human and can sometimes overlook the obvious. I do like the idea of becoming an all-mighty god though, hehe.

Additional Comments:
From a brief conversation I had with Lucian in the forums, I get the sense he is a very young person who started making maps some time back. I believe he has great potential as a mapmaker as there is a very noticeable improvement in the quality of his work from his earliest maps up to this one. I think this needs to be encouraged.

Finally, yes my vote is biased as this map was made for my mod. However, I just don't believe this map deserves such a low rating. It is NOT a badly made map at all, but is a very nice one in my opinion.

Kirky

[Edited on 12/23/05 @ 07:09 PM]

RogerRabid
(id: Roger the Rampant)
If you make a map for Brave New World mod, and don't mention anywhere in your instructions that it's designed to work with that mod, you shouldn't be too surprised if people give your map a poor rating

There are buttons in the editor for raising and lowering terrain, they are essential to making a map look interesting and they haven't been touched. Any type of shrubbery is also missing from this map, just plain hexes everywhere

As I said already, this map has a great concept but needs a lot more work doing to it. I'm all for encouraging young mapmakers, but there's no way that I'm going to pretend a map is fantastic when it still needs a lot of work

To give it 5s (in any area) is ludicrous in my opinion, and just sends out a signal that people can upload any old map here and someone will say how fantastic it is. Hopefully Lucian will take the time to raise and lower some terrain, add some flowers and shrubs, click the UPDATE button to upload a greatly improved version and change his instruction to mention that it's for Brave New World mod
Lucian23
File Author
Ok.The fact that i didn't specified that this map was a BNW map was my fault and i apologise for that.I will try in time to improve my maps using all the editor's posibilities.I appreciate the critics and Kirky's words too.:)
I will continue making maps for BNW (because i think it's the best until now) and i will mention that in the map description.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.5
Creativity4.0