Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Misc. Downloads » SEM version 2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

SEM version 2.0

Author File Description
Swolte IMPORTANT: MOD was recreated from scratch with JamieJME, that had the ideas on how to do it after this was lost. This technical background for mod is not my intellectual property.

Note: this is not a conventional mod. READ the information in teh documentation carefully! It will leave all mapfeatures intact. It is THE tool to use for professional Shadow Magic mapmakers after the Unofficial Patch!!

- Heroes: you can cast a lot more spells.
- Heroes & items: you will be able to assign almost every possible ability to them.
- Outposts: you can assign every possible building to them.
- Skills: assign as many as you like to a Wizard.

All this under standard rules!

The zip file contains a readme with detailed information on how to install and use the mod. Please go to the Mod forum for questions!

~ Swolte
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Groll
Rating
Rating: 4.5
Why only a 4.5 for this "Mapmakers Dream"?
Because a 4.9 was not possible. Why I want to rate 4.9?
There are some thinks you can choose, as abilitys that don´t work in game and the game chrushes, like "Spellcasting?" upgrade. If you choose this for an item, the item can not be used and teleporting is not possible. O.K. if you can read, you are in advantage, because this is written in the document that comes with this tool ;) but I was to fast and to curiously to read it first and later I don´t remember.
This should be reworked a little.

Additional Comments:
I don´t know anymore what SEM means now, but I call this patch/mod/tool simply "Mapmakers Dream" for myself!
This is realy a mapmakers dream because of all the possible settings for items and heros. Combinated with upatch 1.4, you can create realy a new game!
This tool should be used much, much more and should get the same status as the upatch 1.4
If it will be reworked a little, it gets a 5+ from me in voting.
To all mapmakers.
Try this "Mapmakers Dream"!

[Edited on 07/07/06 @ 12:31 PM]

YoghurtPot Help I'm having trouble with the SEM version 2.0 with the UPatch 1.4.

Initially everything seems fine however when I begin combat with human crossbow units the game quits to the desktop.

The “aowsmlog.txt” file reports three errors;

File not found - 0
File not found - 0
Error during TC AI Execute
Application closed at: 11:09:37 AM (3 errors)

I’ve tried installing the game on another computer and the same thing keeps happening.

From what I can ascertain it seems better when I use SEM v1.0 with the Upatch 1.4

I used to use the SEM 1.0 with Age of Wonders II - 1.3 and never experienced any problems.

Could you address this problem please?

[Edited on 11/12/06 @ 06:17 AM]

Swolte
Staff
File Author
Before I look into this, I do want to make clear that this mod is not meant (and tested) to be played. From your question it seems like you are, so I want to make sure that this is not the case. Please refer to the documentation if you performed the rights steps:

"In order to play the map in Standard Rules, you should save your map (under the SEM – version 2-0 first) and close the Editor. You now want the ‘default’-resources active, so you go back to the setup screen and change it back to default.
Important: Start the Editor again (under the normal rules) and open your map. Now you should SAVE your map again.
When you have saved your map under the default rule set (mod), it is ready for use!"

It is useless (and dangerous) to use SEM-1 on a map made with the new v1.4 features.

Let me know if that was helpful!
:)
YoghurtPot My mistake I was under the impression you could leave the tweak running whilst the game was active.

Thanks.
nyarlathotep OK, time for a bit necro-ing...

First of all, it is possible to play under SEM. When you saved your map in the editor, exit the editor and fire up the game (still in SEM mode) you can play that map without any problems... But it only works for maps saved in SEM.

Second, opening a PBeM turn does not work, at all, not even the usual message you get (non-compatible resources or something like that).

Third: absolutely love it :D

Last but not least...: In a time and galaxy, far, far away -when UPatch 1.5 will be released actually...- Will there come a SEM 3.0? I would hate to loose the god-like powers this handy tool gives a mapmaker.
Nephrati
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Need to check out all features, but it really looks nice!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,464
Favorites: [Who?]2
Size:701.17 KB