Single Player?: No
Co-Op vs. AI?: No
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: No
# of Wizards: 2
# of players: 2
Skill Level: Advanced
Password Protected: No
A large 3 level map for 2 players designed primarily for a long PBEM experience, but the close proximity of the wizards at start could lead to a quick demise for uncarefull play. This is my first map submission and it's designed with the 1.4 UPatch. This is not a symetrical map in regards to balance but I have tried to make the opportunities equal.

In the 3rd Milenia in the history of Fubarnia, known by most histories as the 'Age of Heroes,' there were two particularily talented and powerful wizards, Belegor and Tolimar. Their prowess was far beyond the powers of even the most powerful kings and wizards of the time and some said they even rivalled the great spirits. This we know now not to be true as the spirit of War managed to trick these two and manipulate their destiny.

As it so happens Belgor and Tolimar liked each other not and in fact took every opportunity to bring ruin upon the other. The spirt of war loved this rivalry for the strife it brought into the world, but even so the spirit of war was greedy and wished to further manipulate their destiny and increase the chaos that brings ruin upon lives.

Using their pride and conceit aginst them the spirit of war set a trap for the two prolific wizards. They were teleported across an uncharted sea to a far off and previously unknown land. The spirit of war was thrilled by the chaotic energies he had created and sat back on his throne and prepared for his nourishment: WAR!

Belegor and Tolimar, bedraggled and confused, arived on neighboring shores with a small retinue of companions. Their lives in jeapordy, but more importantly their legacies, the two set forth to once and for all claim their dominance over the other and conquer this strange land: Rivals Of Destiny.

No events.
Some wandering AI
A couple custom heros

Updated 1.2 with a couple balancing changes to help the evil wizards morale situation in the early game.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Swolte
Staff
Nice looking map and an interesting concept to play! I bet it will be interesting to try onlin as well as the defenders do not seem too stacked up.
:)
Fubarno
File Author
Thank you oh great Jedi Master :) It definetly helped to have the 1.4 patch.

[Edited on 01/19/06 @ 01:23 AM]

rat_peddler
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
No issues with how it played.

Balance: 4
I reviewed both sides. It looks like fairly even split to me.

Creativity: 4
Some nice terrain, mostly given in map design.

Map Design: 5
Very nice map with varied terrain, towns, towers, etc...

Story/Instructions: 3
Pretty basic.

Additional Comments:
Could easily be modified to provide a single player experience by setting up one as a supported AI.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0