Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: Yes
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 8
# of players: 7
Skill Level: Advanced
Password Protected: No
7 possible starting locations have to deal with neighbors and with aliens which seem to pop in from thin air. In the end you must find the portal to the alien base and defeat them. This version uses BraveNewWorld but it can be reset to your current mod by entering the editer, opening the game and saving (save as) I have made some scenarios for my own entertainment and am sending the ones which have brought me the most hours of enjoyment.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
rat_peddler I was able to run your other map after opening and saving using U1.4. However, this one will not start using the U1.4 patch. Any tips on how to "modify" to use 1.4?
bubbaspud
File Author
I just started up the scenario and had no problem -(but I guess I wouldn't on my computer) When I have had problems with scenarios I've downloaded, usually opening them in the editor and resaving them seemed to fix it. I must plead ignorance on exactly how the scenario access suporting files, and therefore would not know what to look for as a solution beyond the "resaving in the editor" gambit. In case it matters my version is 1.30.0.2616. Also if you get in, the opponents should probably be set above "squire" to make it a challenge - I left it for people to adjust to their level.
Marilith77 I just downloaded the map (the BNW-version), and I do not use BNW, I have a clean UPatch1.4 installation.

Indeed the map does not load! The game does not start, after clicking the START-button. Erros are in the games log. If I open it in the editor, and save it under a new name, it does not load in the game too.

Looking into the error logs I find around 8 access violations! Obviously some units or objects from BNW are missing, and not replaced.

Next I loaded the map again in the editor (there are access violations too in the log) again.
I always use the verification function - and here it does not work at all. (The editor has a horrible lacking error reporting, btw.)

But if I click the button for map verification, absolutely nothing happens. No response, but the editor continues to work.

Then I scanned the entire map (moved the camera over all planes) and checked all units. There seem sometimes in groups (independent party) only a few NPCs - maybe there are some left out. I opened every group I could see and checked it.

After this - the verification button worked! It reported, that 'Fangir is not placed on the map'! The entire group in 'Fangirs' start city was missing. Obviously a bug.

Opening the oroginal BNW-map (the one I downloaded) I checked, and there was a wizard in this city - but not Fangir. It was Kee-Nan, because the city is Nomad.

So I opened the changed map again, changed 'Fangir' to Kee-Nan, gave him his starting stack, and then the map verfied ok.

When I now load it in the editor, no error messages are seen in the log.
And the map loads now in the game and can be played - which I will try now.

Sorry for the long comment - but I wanted to describe what to do in such cases. If a map was made with a MOD (like BNW or similar) you must purge the content, which your game does not have carefully. This will be mostly buildings and units. Then the map should work.

tl;dr:
Simply opening and and saving a copy is not enough. The editor is not that intelligent...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:901
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:378.01 KB
Added:03/19/06