Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: No
PBEM/Hotseat?: No
Multiplayer Online?: No
# of Wizards: 4
# of players: 1
Skill Level: Advanced
Password Protected: No
Three evil kingdoms have spread over the land. You enter with a small band to try to establish a base and attempt to wipe this evil from the map. This is replayable for there are multiple "fronts" and pathways to ultimate victory. Enjoy - for I have. Uses BraveNewWorld but can be reset in editor to your mod preference.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
rat_peddler
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
Plenty of playing here. A monster XL map! Wasted many an hour on it.

Balance: 4
If you like to battle three CPU Emperors, then the balance is good.

Creativity: 3
A few unique areas but these points are given under map design.

Map Design: 4
A very nice looking map with varied layouts and connections, nothing too symetical here.

Story/Instructions: 3
Average -- as in not much.

Additional Comments:
I finally had to open the map in the editor to locate the enemies. However, by then they had made secondary towers. So it became a very long slog.
bubbaspud
File Author
Thanks for your comments. My wife thinks all this game playing is a waste -and I have mixed feelings (but it is still so engaging!) I will admit this scenario is not going to give some story line pay-off, and the end game in any scenario is the most difficult to keep interesting. I think this scenario will appeal more to those tactician/general type rather than adventurers. As of yet I have not had the time to invest in building a rich storyline in any scenario I've done - instead I try to make the terrain shape the possible "story", by making it varied and creating tactical choke points or avenues for flanking - and hopefully making it pretty or interesting to explore and see revealed. I will try to make the next better.
Kirky Picardo Hi bubbaspud,

I just want to thank you for making these two wonderful maps. I am not an expert map-maker, but to me it seems that some areas of your maps look as if the map was created under 1.4. I know this can't be so as BNW 1.0 was made under 1.3, but it's very impressive stuff just the same.

I am looking forward to playing these maps and again want to thank you for making them.

:)

Kirky
bubbaspud
File Author
Thanks Kirky,
I appreciate the comments. I enjoyed making the maps, but I had to do it over a long period of time - I'm never satisfied how the 6-hex "brush" looks, so I always use a single hex brush to paint in terrain so it takes a long time. I must give my thanks to someone of the early scenario I downloaded ( I forget which one) for the nice details that I think were copied somehow from combat screens[ the big disc, broken columns, giant warrior statues, etc] I coundn't figure out how they got them but in the editor the can be copied and pasted from a scenario - so feel free to copy them off mine and use them to enrich the interest of your own scenarios. Thanks again, Bubbaspud

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0