# of Wizards: 8
# of players: 1
Skill Level: Expert
Password Protected: No
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
Shadow Minimap:
Corrections made for the version of the 21 august 2006

Add one Magic Spirit Quest (Magnetic field Quest)
Add description for the hero named "Vampire Lord"
Add and modify few messages for the principal quest
Add an event
Corrected the Bubble diplomatic message bug after the capture of the City of Juma
Corrected all Spirits Quests in the Realm of Gods
Corrected the opening of the Gate in the Realm of Gods
Corrected the reward on the Gate in the Realm of Gods (yet no free magical object given)
Modify the recruit of the hero named "Vampire Lord" (yet only Helena and the Snow Witch can recruit him)

I hope all buggs have been corrected, if not contact me

------------------------------------------
After having sent Her Avatar in the Abyssals planes, Lolth (the demonic Queen of the Spiders) took possession of one abyssal plane and spins Her web in order to destroy all forms of life from this plane of existence, Her final goal being to even absorb to the essence of the Light. Thus what seemed to be a triumph against the forces of the evil proved to be only one bitter victory over what was finally only one attempt at successful diversion. Strange ruins proved to be old gates opening on the unsoundable pits of the Abyssals areas. The ground around was quickly corrupted and of the deadened forces were awaked. Having taken the control of a warrior lizard thanks to one of his spiders, she transformed him into an incredibly powerful creature which taken orders of an reptilian army until there too undisciplined being controlled.
King Lizard (such as it is made call from now on) took the control of the quasi totality of the marshes.

But let us reconsider the last events...

Destiny was overcome and, in the confusion of the battles, was concealed by Korn her invaluable Pallantir. She's going up in the Kingdom of Heaven where she was rewarded for her bravery : she became a powerful Archangel, representing protective Divinities. The incarnation of the Spirit of the Older appeared to her in dreams and delivered this message to her : "You must go down again to fight against the Entity which hides behind the mask of that which is made call Lolth, the Queen of the Spiders". "You will help of one's best the elfic witch who is called Lonodia, because in her resides the only hope of redemption for this world".

From the will of the Older, Helena became the incarnation of the Death from this plane of existence. An old legend tells that on her destruction, the survival or the destruction will depend on all forms of life on the surface of this ground.
Dominating the scraps of what remains of spirit of the magician called Korn and having cursed Winter, become the Snow Queen, Helena wants to transform into undead creatures her enemy in order to help her to fight against the Queen of the Spiders, Lolth the dark divinity.

The spirit of Korn yielded in front of the power of Pallantir... Her spirit rocked in the madness and she became a caricature of herself in the shape of a powerful werewolf. Helena could without difficulty of destroying an adversary as weakened, but she has considered as it would be more advantageous to her to control her former rival and to use her against her enemy (without being however done much illusion on her utility). Very right Korn, more commonly called the Animal from now on, pourrat it to slow down the flood uninterrupted of the forces armed led by the Queen with Darkness in person.

The War of the Avatar changed Lonodia much. Julia never returned, the violence of the war and the despair as of her deeply disturbed the heart of the small elfic princess. Drawing from the most wild energies of Nature, she became stronger. She understood that to fight against the forces of darkness no compromise had to be made. Not having been able to enough push back quickly the arrival of the Avatar of the Goddess, Lolth the Queen of Darkness, Lonodia is on the point of delivering an unequal combat against a Force baited to her loss and the destruction of any forms of life.

During this time, in North, Bubble a apprentice magician particularly gifted, having natural affinity with the magic of water (having succeeds in calling upon as of her youth the powerful elementals of water), seemed to have a promising future. Unfortunately the arrival of the black Goddess and the conjunction of supernatural forces exceeding the understanding leave only little hope...

Conditions of Victory : Kill Lolth

Player instructions
1. Glindilin is the hero at the heart of this story, she must not die
2. Please don’t research the rejuvenate spell
3. Don’t exchange spells with your allies (you don’t need it to win)
4. Check descriptions of your heroes and wizard (it could help you sometimes)
5. Few but dangerous indies wait on the map, be carreful
6. Select allied victory available
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
sausud Saw the map and overall the terrain looks superb. Didn't get time to play, but good work man. Keep it up.
Lal
File Author
Thank you Sausud
6 months of work is behind there ;)
Last personnal reports few bugs (in the final quest...)
Holydays is near, I think make the correction soon
Have fun !
Elbereth
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:

I have been enjoying this map for some days now and I cannot believe nobody has rated it yet - maybe certain world championships are to blame? Anyway, this is a great map in several ways and although there are always some minor shortcomings, there can only be one appropriate rating. There can be no doubt that this scenario represents the fruit of months of hard work: What we get is a stunning landscape, an elaborate and coherent storyline, lots of non-conventional quests, custom-made portraits... To make it short: Here's a map which offers some true depth - you can lose yourself in it for days without shame. Finally, there is something which I personally found very appealing: Namely the focus on the forces of nature and life as represented by the elves. Being a Tolkien purist I cannot but bow before the effort made and the result achieved. One word: superb! I am looking forward to additional sequels and prequels.
kaskoid Absolutely stunning map. One of the most gorgeous ever made. However much time it took, it was worth it.
cannonstrike From everyone's comments this is an awesome scenario. My problem is that I keep dying on Turn #1. My wizard lands outside of the playing field and promptly dies. How do I avoid this?
Lal
File Author
Hello Cannonstrike

Another players contacted me for the same problem...
You MUST have the Upatch 1.4 if you want to play this map, and anothers ;)
I hope you can resolve this quickly :)
you could find the Upatch here : http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=661

Have fun !

[Edited on 07/08/06 @ 03:17 AM]

gerd I'm in a dead end situation and hope to get a hint. In the quest Labyrinth of Death I'm in a room with a Leprechaun and a sign is saying "Give your offering and pray one day". My hero is carrying all rings (emerald, sapphire and diamond). I tried to place the rings at the sign or the teleporter and was waiting one day but nothing happened. After 99 days of waiting the game ends!
Lal
File Author
Try on the magic relay gerd ;)
gerd I'm free.
Thanks a lot!
cartonete
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:

Its a scenario very good. With suprise and enjoy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.6