Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 5
# of players: 4
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
This map was made using dwiggs 1.4 mod.

You must resist the viking invaders. By turn 100, if the vikings don't own any towns, they will be considered defeated.

I put the odd map for underground on because you cant really see what the land looks like on the main one, also my underground is very dull.
Although XL, this plays more like a large map due to lots of water.

Disabled Masters guild and champions guild. Only your capital is capable of building a wizard tower.
Build outpost - off
Item teleport - off

Note
All players have access to 8 heros and a powerful weapon each. The heros, along with your start units and recruited units are the most powerful you will be able to get. Also each wizard is very strong, with leadership and good combat stats.

The Viking Age is the name of the period between 793 and 1066 AD in Scandinavia and Britain, following the Germanic Iron Age (and the Vendel Age in Sweden). During this period, the Vikings, Scandinavian warriors and traders, raided and explored most parts of Europe, south-western Asia, northern Africa and north-eastern North America.

ENGLAND

871 AD King Alfred, King of Wessex. He is still regarded as one of England's greatest kings ever, managing to defeat the Danish/Viking invasions of his land, and capturing the city of London from the Scandinavians. He also instituted a large number of far reaching reforms, including some schools and the creation of the first English navy.

IRELAND

Aed Finliath, he first 'King of all Ireland' is best known for leading the native resurgence against the Viking conquest of Northern Ireland from 860 until his death.

SCOTLAND

In 844, Kenneth MacAlpine, a nobleman from the region of Dalriada, and a descendant of the Pictish royal family, was declared king and united the disparate tribes of the north into the first united kingdom, officially known as the Alban. With the aid of the Northumbrians, the Albans managed to bring an end to the Viking raids.

FRANCE

Charles the Bald (numbered Charles II of France and the Holy Roman Emperor), fought against the Vikings, who devastated the country of the north, the valleys of the Seine and Loire, and even up to the borders of Aquitaine. Several times Charles was forced to purchase their retreat at a heavy price. He led various expeditions against the invaders and, by the Edict of Pistres of 864, made the army more mobile by providing for a cavalry element and ordered fortified bridges to be put up at all rivers to block the Viking incursions. Two of these bridges at Paris saved the city during its siege of 885-886.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Frall I can't get this scenario to work. It won't start. I can load it in the editor under 1.3 resources but can't play the map. With 1.4 resources I can't even load it in the editor.

Did you use custom resources for the map? I see trolls on the water.
Tendril
File Author
This map needs dwiggs 1.4 mod.
Frall OK, thanks.

Don't forget to put information like that in the mapdescription from the start next time. ;)
Tendril
File Author
I did, it said in both the overview and the main map description. Now I've surrounded it with stars to make it more noticable. :)

[Edited on 06/29/06 @ 04:00 PM]

Frall Than I must be very blind. ;) When I downloaded the map I didn't see any dwiggs reference. I thought you edited it in later.
Tendril
File Author
No, it wasn't as noticable before being just in the overview and in the second paragraph of the decription. I moved it to the top and added stars, can't miss it now. Hope you enjoy :)

[Edited on 06/30/06 @ 04:39 PM]

The_Stranger Hey Tendril,

and I'll get you some feedback on the map once I've finished playing it :) I've only looked at it in the editor so far.

I just wanted to let you know that I have found a way to reassign one hero body per class type. It was a pain having elf warriors all be trees :/

So, I've created a non used group of heroes in the "resource" part of the editor. These are the bodies that will pop up whenever a player creates this class of hero for a race. It's not perfect, but is better than getting absurd looking hero bodies.
Tendril
File Author
The Stranger,

Sounds good :) Most of the default hero graphics are great, like if you make a human ranger or warrior, they both look nice. But, yeah, the elf warriors being just trees, or the dwarf warriors being just giants is a bit silly. Is this somthing you can put in an update of the mod or can I do that with the editor? I'm not overly familiar with the resources editor.

Thanks for taking an interest in my map, hope you enjoy :)

[Edited on 07/05/06 @ 06:57 AM]

Sir Ash My friend and I like the scenario, but it has the vikings keep hanging around the 50 to 60 turns. Let us know if any fixes or suggestions. We are using Dwigg mod 1.4 without the patch. Patch will not run at all. I played France and friend played England.
Tendril
File Author
Sir Ash,
Glad you like the map. About the vikings, they will keep hanging around and spawning until turn 90, at turn 100 if they own no citys the viking side will be defeated. Until then the vikings are the players main concern, fighting between each other at this point will make it a harder game.

I have the same problem using the new patch for Dwiggs, I wrote it using Dwiggs 1.4 and seems to work ok with that version. I'll have a go at converting it to work with the new patch.

Thanks for your interest and I hope this helps.

Tendril

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,111
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:2.26 MB