Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » Age of Glorantha 2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Age of Glorantha 2.0

Author File Description
RosenMcStern This total conversion recreates the fantasy world of Glorantha with the Age of Wonders game engine. This second edition includes 15 playable races and and enlarged version of the Dragon Pass map (thank you PawelS!). I have chosen to leave the first edition available because the two versions are so different that someone might still want to play version 1!

Upatch 1.4 is required.

Credits and acknowledgements are in the readme file. It is a PDF, so get Acrobat Reader from www.adobe.com before installing if you do not have it.

There are big changes in gameplay in this mod, along with a new setting. Well, it is not exactly new, as it has been around for more than 30 years and it still has a great fan base. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it. With a smaller effort, I wish to add.....
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
rat_peddler When I down load the zip file all I find are the instructions but not the installation program as I would expect. Where is the AOGSetup.exe located?
Swolte
Staff
The current file is a dummy. The real treat will be up shortly! I'll post a notice here.
Nojd The real file is available now! :)
chillidog I have just downloaded and have only looked and played a few turns so far, but I wanted to say
"THANK YOU" it will keep me playing this wonderful game a very long time!!!! I have eagerly awaited this.
I also want to add that no matter what anyone writes, always remember "You can not please all of the people all of the time" as for me, thank you for all of your work and efforts, they are certainly appreciated and enjoyed!!!!
wusong Hello.

I need some help please.

I installed a clean copy of age of wonders SM with 1.3 and 1.4 patch.

After I click on scenario option the game is crash.

Some remarks:

1) When I start the game in the menu screen I see 1.3 patch and not 1.4 / 1.3.
2) In the setup screen English selected
3) In the setup custom resource selected with glorantha2.0

Thank you for your help.

RosenMcStern
File Author
The fact that you see version 1.3 in the main screen is normal. I did not bother to change it and the change introduced by Upatch is overwritten by AoG.

Your settings should be ok. But notice that you cannot run scenarios not intended for Age of Glorantha, i.e. you can only run Dragon Pass and Prax (or RMG games). When exactly does the crash happen?
wusong Hi RosenMcStern

Thanks for your help.

The crash occurs when I click on Scenario->Single. After that the screen resulation is changed twice and the game crash. So I didn't have the chance to select random game or map for this mod.

After I try to change options of the games in SM Setup to only time the game is working is when the display mode is on "window" option. If you have any idea about this I will happy try it. Thank you.

chillidog I am up to day 30, the only glich I have run across and it is very minor is the tunnell (looks like a dragon liar) near the home of Cragspider (playing her in the Dragon pass scenerio) where the description is in a foriegn language (looks like Italian?) but like I said this is very minor. I am not familiar with the Glorantha world and its Race/relations so it will take me a little time to sort all of that out, but I love the freshness and the new races and units. I will give you a review in the near future after devoting more time to your world. Thanks
Triforce Guy This is an amazing Mod. Embarassingly, I have yet to actually experience its actual gameplay, but rather I have seen all its features using the Editor (my favorite feature of AoW:SM). I am working on a map now, and I hope it will turn out nicely...
Elbereth This is amazing indeed. I must confess I prefer the lonely hero or elf ranger making their way through forest and battle, but what can I say? The way you render the different legions is utterly realistic. And there certainly is more to your mod than looks. Instead, the whole gameplay changes, lending more weight to some abilities, for instance, whereas others become less important... There are just so many aspects, it is impossible to name them all, and that is probably your mod's biggest asset.

I am not familiar with the Glorantha-universe. Indeed, I am somewhat of a Tolkien-purist. Yet I cannot fail to notice both the technical and the mythological depth of your mod. I am looking forward to applying it to some new maps!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:5,376
Favorites: [Who?]0