Single Player?: Yes
Co-Op vs. AI?: No
PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 3
# of players: 3
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
Although Clash of Civilization is the first map I published, I did work on some other maps before that one. Although I never made those available they still are playable and that is why I decided to place them here. These maps served mostly as trial maps, so I could learn more about the map painting. You should thus not expect a perfect map with a story, nice custom heroes , nice descriptions and so on. It is just the basics. Why do I publish them anyway?! Well to be honest I don’t see myself working on these maps anymore. I am busy with real life, playing pbem games myself, and currently working on another, bigger map. Since I think it is a waste to leave these maps on my computer I decided to make these maps public. I’d like to think they can provide some nice gameplay and perhaps could even inspire other mapmakers.

PS) If someone thinks these maps have more potential and want to work on them his-/herself by adding story for example, just let me know!

-----Beyond Good and Evil-------
BGE is a medium map for three players, mainly designed for pbem. The orcs, dwarfs and Humans battle each other. Map has not been tested against computer so I think it will not prove very hard. Perhaps giving the Ai more units would solve this. The map has custom made heroes but they are without descriptions.

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Groll A map to learn the basics?
A map to (maybe) inspire other mapmakers?
A map to good to let it gone to seed on a HD?
A map to have some fun playing it?
A map that´s not perfect because never finished?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

All this is true. :-)
Don´t await a wonder but if you are bored or need inspiration it´s a nice source.
This map is more complex, more interesting, have a nicer landscape and a more complex gameplay than many other maps that you can download from this archive and that call themself "finished".
I have not played it but it looks good.

@Rheno
Congratulation if is this is you basic work.
Many other mapmakers never reach this stage of mapmakeing.
I know you are working on another project right now but one day you should turn back to this map. It is worth a rework for sure.
Death Templar
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Map is playable and fun. I did not like all the empty recruitment sites, but I will assume that is due to incompleteness; the empty recruitment sites simply slow down exploration.

Balance: 5
All sides seem to be balanced. I only played as the neutral (human) side, but the CPU put a decent resistance.

Creativity: 5
Many interesting places which made exploring the map fun in itself. Although the concept of Good vs Evil vs Neutral is not new, the mapmaker designed this battle to be very interesting.

Map Design: 5
The level of detail of the world was excellent. The waterfalls were well designed. The underground world was well designed with the concept of the underground river. The limited shadow world was an interesting novelty. Custom hero and item designed was excellent.

Story/Instructions: 4
Not many signs and incomplete hero descriptions, but the ones that existed were good. I rated a 4 since I rated the completed portions. Although it is incomplete, there is not much need for instructions other than to make exploration go faster.

Additional Comments:
Although the map is incomplete, it is still playable and fun; I hope the term "incomplete" does not turn anyone off of downloading this since only minor details are missing, which have only a minor (if any) effect on play. I hope someone finishes populating the recruitment sites, hero descriptions and necessary signs, all of which would add more flavor to a richly flavorful world.
Rheno
File Author
Thank you both for the nice reviews. Thx especially for the rating. It is always nice for mapmakers to see their maps receive actual grades. This map is currently played by email so I am really interested in how that turns out. I will update this map then with their findings. The thing about the recruitment sites is that I like to add them for a more lively world. I often do not fill them with units as they are for decoration only. Perhaps I should change this and/or warn people about this next time.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0